Morelos returning early from international duty

BL1872

Official Ticketer
The technical and medical staff of the Colombia Men's Senior National Team informs that, after carrying out medical examinations on player Alfredo Morelos, a muscle injury in the left thigh was confirmed, which prevented him from participating in the previous match against Bolivia and likewise does not allow him to participate in the next match of the Qualifiers for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022.

For this reason, the striker is called off to start his recovery work. We wish the player a good return to his club.https://fcf.com.co/index.php/2022/03/26/comunicado-seleccion-colombia-alfredo-morelos/

He’s been clutching at his hamstring for weeks now. I’m actually quite surprised GvB has given him so many minutes though, obviously, every game is crucial right now. All that said, the ice he had on his leg in Dundee was his calf I think. Wonder what one the Colombians are referring to?

Last edited:
I’m fairly optimistic.
He was in training, albeit strapped, so if it was dire he wouldn’t have been near a park.

Furthermore, if he had no chance of making the 3rd April, he would either have made the most of the break by seeing family or we could have given him time off.

He has a chance and that’s made higher by coming home asap. This is good news for Rangers IMO.

I’m fairly optimistic.
He was in training, albeit strapped, so if it was dire he wouldn’t have been near a park.

Furthermore, if he had no chance of making the 3rd April, he would either have made the most of the break by seeing family or we could have given him time off.

He has a chance and that’s made higher by coming home asap. This is good news for Rangers IMO.
I’m choosing to agree with you :D

It’s looked recently like he’s been playing through injury or fitness struggles, so not a shock.

Gio took an unnecessary risk playing him against Dundee when he was clearly struggling I felt.

Hope he isn't too disappointed in missing out on playing for his country. It's good that we do what we can to accommodate that because it's obvious how much it means to him.
Colombia has looked after the player so no reason to believe that the injury has worsened and his recovery will hopefully be a short one.

N
If it wasn’t for Roofe the league would have been over already. Massive part in winning the last couple of tight games, a couple of winners himself too. 2 assists against Dundee to help us win. Not the same level as Morelos but a bit disrespectful in your reply IMO, he’s still a big player for us.
I like Roofe but I don’t think I was being disrespectful with my reply at all. We have 3 old firms before the end of the season and we need Morelos for them all, Roofe cannot bully defences the way Alfie does

N

I like Roofe but I don’t think I was being disrespectful with my reply at all. We have 3 old firms before the end of the season and we need Morelos for them all, Roofe cannot bully defences the way Alfie does

I agree we need Alfie. I like roofe too but not buying this two assists last game, he had a header saved that was tapped in by Ramsey and a deflected shot that bounced up for goldson lol

I agree we need Alfie. I like roofe too but not buying this two assists last game, he had a header saved that was tapped in by Ramsey and a deflected shot that bounced up for goldson lol
I thought this at first too, but the replay looks like Roofe actually kicks the ball off his left foot which makes it spin in the air.

Utterly bizarre bit of luck, that we deserve!

The league would be over if Roofe’s sub appearance's never happened.
Aberdeen and Dundee.
Alfie has looked slow and his finishing has been not his usual.
I hope he is fit but KR on from the start doesn’t worry me.
Play them both maybe?
We have to attack these tramps.

Just for comparison Roofe has 7 goals in 19 games in the league, with a lot of games coming on as a sub. TransferMarket has him at 120 minutes per goal. Alfie has 12 in 26 and it has him as 170 minutes per goal.

Morelos on his game is on another level from pretty much anyone in the league. But Roofe is also a big player, scores big goals, and we wouldn’t be in a title race without him. Especially after his last couple of sub appearances where he came on and changed the game whilst Alfie was struggling. Also our top scorer in the league last season too. There’s no denying his stats whether you rate him or not.

I actually hope we go Morelos and Roofe and really rattle the tramps.

Good European teams, and that's exactly what we are, have been handing them they're arse all season...we need to attack them from the start, they simply can't handle that.

At Ibrox, with our crowd, we can be awesome. Our players could easily give us a day to remember..!
Agree
Stand off them
We will lose
Again

Back