Newcastle interested in Hickey

Christ.

Better staying in Italy, Milan and Napoli both linked quite a bit. Napoli probably more realistic for game time.

Hearts have a sell on, think it’s 20%.

Would like to see him stay in Italy but Newcastle are beginning to look a pretty decent team again and I’m sure there’ll be offering very good wages

A while back and even now some people insist he's absolutely shite.

Players like him and some of the players in our squad show you don't even need to be a world beater in this league and can still go on to be a very decent player.

Christ.

Better staying in Italy, Milan and Napoli both linked quite a bit. Napoli probably more realistic for game time.

Hearts have a sell on, think it’s 20%.
Who is Newcastle’s regular left back just now? I know they got Target on loan but he is bang average.

He looked so out of his depth when playing for Hearts against us , he was genuinely awful and looked like a wee boy lost

He must have came on some in Italy , heard people raving about him but not seen him since he left uk.

Agreed. He's obviously a decent player but vastly overrated in my opinion.
We got £12m for Patterson who had hardly played any first team football at all. Hickey has been playing as a regular in Serie A. £15/20m doesn’t seem that far fetched a fee especially when Newcastle are the team linked with him.

He looked so out of his depth when playing for Hearts against us , he was genuinely awful and looked like a wee boy lost

He must have came on some in Italy , heard people raving about him but not seen him since he left uk.
He was 16/17 then, to be fair.

He was the best player on the pitch in a major cup final at 16 as well. Playing against us is much harder than playing most of Serie A.

I like the fact that a young Scottish player has gone to a top European league and done well, whether he’s a rattler or not. He’ll likely be dazzled by the money and prestige of the EPL, but hopefully he gets a move to a bigger Italian team.
Had 3 Scots in Serie A (4 if you include Binks) at the start of the season, one has basically been loaned to Siberia right enough so don’t think he’ll make it :))

Fair play to the lad, was clearly a good young player at Hearts but never saw him kicking on to this degree so soon and sky's the limit for him right now. Wonder if Clarke would consider playing him at right back as I think Robertson and Tierney will have that left back spot nailed down for the next decade.

I can only judge him against us as I do not watch much other football at all. I remember we played Hearts at Ibrox in Gerrard's 2nd season and we destroyed them and Hickey was terrible. Even then he was getting watched by teams all over Europe. I just didn't see it but he's obviously a good player.

Think they should be playing Dominic Decoco instead

dominick-decoco.gif

Most of us only ever see players against Rangers, Hickey has never had a good game against us and based on those viewings the comments justified. Here’s clearly not shite but I do remember he had an absolute beast against us one game

Back