Sunday starting lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack and Lundstram are "must starts" as the 2.

If Ramsey's fit he's middle of the 3 with Kent left.

Does leave a space on the right of the 3 which I was hoping would be Roofe, but if Alfie's out then he'll probably be up top.

So Aribo or Lowry for the last spot, I know he's out of form but Aribo probably gets the nod from Gio.

Would love to see Lowry at some point though.

I think a lot younger players seem to go into games without any fear regardless of who the opponents are so agree it would be a good move to at least have him on the bench to be used as and when.

Myles Beerman :))
cupcakes-dog.gif

Can see Gio going with Jack, Lundstram and Kamara.

With Aribo and Kent either side of Roofe.

Can see Gio going with Jack, Lundstram and Kamara.

With Aribo and Kent either side of Roofe.
Fucking hope not.

Kamara has been pish for a while.

If things are going well then he is a positive, when on form, not not lately, and not when it’s a battle.

Similar could be said for Aribo of late

Does leave a space on the right of the 3 which I was hoping would be Roofe, but if Alfie's out then he'll probably be up top.

So Aribo or Lowry for the last spot, I know he's out of form but Aribo probably gets the nod from Gio.

Kent must play as we know he can by running at Celtc. If he's not doing it, Lowry will.

Id 100% play him from the start, rather than, say, Arfield. If we have to play Jack and Lundstram in the middle, it allows us to play Aribo through the middle with Kent on the left and Lowry on the right who could also switch easily with Aribo, with Roofe (by the looks of it) up top.

That extra attacking and creative dimension would do wonders for us, he has the pace and that gallous glint in his eye. Id play him, 100%

Agree, both intelligent players but I think that game plan would require us to have majority possession. With better defending by us I think they will be very open at back on the counter

One of the things i like about Gio is our tactical flexibility. The changes he made in the 2nd half of the Dortmund game were genius. Ive no problem if he wants to drop Lundstram into the defence as part of a back 5 too.

I’d be completely fine with Lowry but can’t see it and can understand why not. If we’re needing a goal, he should be brought on though

3 5 2

Mcgregor
Goldson Lundstram Balogun
Tav Jack Kamara Ramsey Bassey
Kent Roofe

Roofe just doesnt have it in him to play the Alfie role as sole striker in a 4 3 3. Get Kent alongside him and Tav / Bassey providing the width.

Aribo also gives us a bit of height at set pieces at both ends.

Out of interest, those who aren’t naming Ramsey in their lineups. What is your thinking behind this? He’s just started our last 2 domestic games before playing 90 minutes in a World Cup qualifier followed by well over a week’s rest.

The same Roofe that put two past them in the 4-1 game?

Roofe is more than capable. It’s about how we setup.
The same Roofe that was hopeless at parkhead some weeks ago.

Celtic are a far better outfit than when we horsed them 1-5.

Buffalo is a monumental loss.

Out of interest, those who aren’t naming Ramsey in their lineups. What is your thinking behind this? He’s just started our last 2 domestic games before playing 90 minutes in a World Cup qualifier followed by well over a week’s rest.
I just don’t think he’ll play.

Jack, Lundstram and Kamara are absolute certs, I reckon. Then Aribo, can’t imagine he’ll be on the bench even though he’s looking tired.

I just don’t think he’ll play.

Jack, Lundstram and Kamara are absolute certs, I reckon. Then Aribo, can’t imagine he’ll be on the bench even though he’s looking tired.

I'd imagine Gio watched him for Wales, and if he did he'll start him as he was excellent.

I know it’s all about opinions but you’ve got to wonder if folk that are picking Arfield to start actually want us to win. He’s been an absolute passenger that adds nothing to the team and will be blowing out his hole after 20 minutes and that’s being generous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back