Kerryfail Meltdown - Yes, they are nutjobs!

Tav the top scorer in the Europa League this season wouldn't get into the yahoo side.:oops: Well done Forrest you've just won the award for dumbest statement written on the internet ever.

Also what's with the continual reference to Ibrox? That's akin to calling Manchester Utd "Old trafford".

He's right to be terrified though Rangers will end up light years ahead of them if the club wins the Europa league.
It's what clowns like him do much like his team with the opposition pish . It genuinely pleases me that it hurts him to say Rangers shows how much bitter hate is inside him .

Rangers strengthen in the summer and most of the current squad remains intact then next year's trophy haul could be frightening. One thing is for sure, Rhat FC are only keeping the title warm, next year its 56 and maybe just maybe a historic run in the Champions league, the possibilities of this squad is immense.

Sorry if already posted!:))

FB-IMG-1651838448861.jpg

An unexpected highlight from last night that I just remembered happened before the game.

Sitting parked up on Broomloan Road early on before the game and saw a group of Leipzig fans walking up towards Ibrox.

A car pulls in and parks and I think nothing of it. Kid jumps out the car holding a Celtic scarf, goes up to the Leipzig fans and offers it to them. Leipzig don't even break their stride, laugh at the kid and walk past him. Kid gets in the car and it drives off.

This is their match thread from when we go 1 up its glorious

I’ve just spent half an hour reading from the first goal through to the final whistle. Absolutely glorious stuff.

Pissing myself at how scunnered some of them were in their responses. Full summers getting ruined and everything.

The cherry on top of last night is knowing they bastards were in agony watching it.

I really don't understand why the f*ck you'd watch your biggest rivals in the semi-final of a European tournament. Had the roles been reversed (no laughing at the back) the last thing I would be doing is watching their game. I'd rather clean the house or go for a walk.

Timmy Tears are in full flow right now.....

I hope Them getting to the final puts our usual “we can’t compete in Europe” cries to bed. While they’ve had a huge amount of luck, they’re in a final having despatched the reigning champions of Armenia, Denmark and Serbia, a Czech team who cuffed us 4-1 home and away last year, the 4th best Portuguese team and the second and fifth best teams in the German top flight.

We, by contrast, haven’t won a post group knock-out tie since Barcelona in 2004 - some 18 years ago!! In the intervening time, we’ve failed to qualify for any European group stage twice - Artmedia in 2005 and both Braga (CL) and Utrecht (EL) in 2010. We’ve also had the delights of technical reprieves against Sion and Legia Warsaw - soon followed by us wishing we hadn’t bothered as we got a solitary win against Rennes in the group stage first time, and fell to Maribor second time round.

Having qualified for a group stage on 14 occasions since 2004, we’ve got to a post-group knock-out phase on 8 occasions. We have won 1 of those games (Zenit at home), drawn 3 (Milan, Inter, and Copenhagen) and lost 12 (Milan, Barcelona x 2, Juventus x 2, Inter, Zenit, Valencia x 2, Copenhagen, and Bodo x 2). As mentioned, we haven’t won any of the ties on aggregate. No disgrace not beating Barcelona or the big three Italian teams. Not even winning a game against Copenhagen and Bodo was poor. Not least as Bodo disproved our previous excuses for poor qualifying performances - rebuilding the team, we’re in pre-season against teams mid-season, etc.

Prior to 2004, we hadn’t been in European football after Christmas for 23 years - while the football calendar means we’re unlikely to have such a barren run again anytime soon, we’re not far off it being 23 years since we won a post-group knock-out tie, and if it weren’t for Musonda’s wonder goal against Zenit, we’d be saying that about winning a post-group knock out game!

As if all that wasn’t bad enough, we’ve also had the delights of having made our Champions League group stage debut in 2001 and it taking us 11 years and 5 appearances in the CL group stages to get an away win - Operation CLAW and all that. And we had the no wins in the group stage of the Europa League in Ronnie’s second year.

In short, for a club that boast a proud record in Europe with a big cup to show for it, we’ve actually been pretty awful overall. We’ve basically had 4 spells of relative success:
1. 10 years between 1965 and 1975 (the Stein era),
2. 1979-80 season when McNeil took us to the European Cup quarter finals,
3. 2001-04 under Martin O’Neil and
4. 2006-08 with two CL last -16 qualifications under Strachan.

We’ve fallen into the lament that the game has changed, money means we can’t compete, the big guns are just too good. Over the past five years, we’ve won four (of 20) games against a team ranked higher than us in the coefficient- Lazio twice, RB Leipzig, and that Zenit game. We’ve lost 15 of those games. They have half that number this season alone (Dortmund and Leipzig).

However you cut it, we’ve underperformed and this needs to be a wake-up call for us - we’ve now lost our 10 and been eclipsed in Europe by a team that weren’t even in the Scottish top flight 7 years ago!
Again, this kind or reaction would make total sense it that we’re Rangers playing last night. But assume this guy thinks it’s a new club with no history prior to 2012? In that case I’ve no idea why he cares
Tav the top scorer in the Europa League this season wouldn't get into the yahoo side.:oops: Well done Forrest you've just won the award for dumbest statement written on the internet ever.

Also what's with the continual reference to Ibrox? That's akin to calling Manchester Utd "Old trafford".

He's right to be terrified though Rangers will end up light years ahead of them if the club wins the Europa league.
I think you’ll find we’re called ‘Ibrox’ now :))

In short, for a club that boast a proud record in Europe with a big cup to show for it, we’ve actually been pretty awful overall. We’ve basically had 4 spells of relative success:

We’ve fallen into the lament that the game has changed, money means we can’t compete, the big guns are just too good. Over the past five years, we’ve won four (of 20) games against a team ranked higher than us in the coefficient- Lazio twice, RB Leipzig, and that Zenit game. We’ve lost 15 of those games. They have half that number this season alone (Dortmund and Leipzig).

However you cut it, we’ve underperformed and this needs to be a wake-up call for us - we’ve now lost our 10 and been eclipsed in Europe by a team that weren’t even in the Scottish top flight 7 years ago!
I was born in the 60s and heard until the 90s that ra sellic were a European team. Looking at those stats it shows yet another Scottish media myth.

Under BJK you can't argue, but since then they have done nothing of note except make one final.
This guy is counting a 1980 quarter final as a PERIOD of success. And also two CL quarters.
Reaching a quarter final is not success. It's a decent performance. It doesn't make you a team feared in Europe.

In my time Rangers have made 4 finals, reached the quarter final of the European cup and Europa League and played in effect a European Cup semi final.

Also we've had some great teams and until that Mols injury, who knows where that team were going.

For almost 20 years now Celtic have been the joke of Europe. A massive budget, success sometimes handed to them and once in Europe they crumble on those "special European nights" that usually culminate with the police and stewards fighting with the opposing team.

I was born in the 60s and heard until the 90s that ra sellic were a European team. Looking at those stats it shows yet another Scottish media myth.

Under BJK you can't argue, but since then they have done nothing of note except make one final.
This guy is counting a 1980 quarter final as a PERIOD of success. And also two CL quarters.
Reaching a quarter final is not success. It's a decent performance. It doesn't make you a team feared in Europe.

In my time Rangers have made 4 finals, reached the quarter final of the European cup and Europa League and played in effect a European Cup semi final.

Also we've had some great teams and until that Mols injury, who knows where that team were going.

For almost 20 years now Celtic have been the joke of Europe. A massive budget, success sometimes handed to them and once in Europe they crumble on those "special European nights" that usually culminate with the police and stewards fighting with the opposing team.
For context, Apoel Nicosia have made a European quarter final in recent history.

It's not just KDS for blast furnace levels of hatred. Check this out from the sheep forum Stand Free...
Just ignore it. Isn’t it a Twice Losers’ bauble anyway, for those eliminated from the “Champions League” and then from the Conference or whatever the **** the Fairs Cup’s termed these days?

I’m disappointed they’ve not been entered for the Eurovision Song Contest, given that they have such a complement of pretty songs.

**** them.
B-) I drink their tears ...B-)

I had a mentally challenged taxi driver tonight. Telling me them winning the league is a bigger achievement than if we win the europa, it was fucking delicious.
They will desperately try to cling to this and the fact it is in their fat managers first season, but look at the starts both managers had. Ange was hopeless in his early days before he got his team playing how he wants, enough to take care of the also rans in the league.

Gio had a similar settling period which unfortunately led to some ropey results in the league of which we didnt have time to recover from, but at the same time, kept us going in a far bigger competition than the SPFL. We're now 180 mins from our first double winning season in years and more importantly, what could be our most successful season ever.

It was painful for us all to see the lead slip domestically, but in 12 days time, no one will care if we get the EL job done. In 10 years, no one will talk of the fat aussies first season. They will still talk of our EL success if it comes to pass.

Let them cling to the league if they like. Regardless what they have done this season we kick off next with a 50/50 chance of winning it. Last August our chances of EL success would barely have been imagineable.

Gio is getting the best out of this squad now, some sensible investment over the summer and we should be claiming back what is ours very soon.

Just saw this post on Kerrydale and it’s absolutely fucking delicious.

Spidey100

2 min. ago#169121
I hope Them getting to the final puts our usual “we can’t compete in Europe” cries to bed. While they’ve had a huge amount of luck, they’re in a final having despatched the reigning champions of Armenia, Denmark and Serbia, a Czech team who cuffed us 4-1 home and away last year, the 4th best Portuguese team and the second and fifth best teams in the German top flight.

We, by contrast, haven’t won a post group knock-out tie since Barcelona in 2004 - some 18 years ago!! In the intervening time, we’ve failed to qualify for any European group stage twice - Artmedia in 2005 and both Braga (CL) and Utrecht (EL) in 2010. We’ve also had the delights of technical reprieves against Sion and Legia Warsaw - soon followed by us wishing we hadn’t bothered as we got a solitary win against Rennes in the group stage first time, and fell to Maribor second time round.

Having qualified for a group stage on 14 occasions since 2004, we’ve got to a post-group knock-out phase on 8 occasions. We have won 1 of those games (Zenit at home), drawn 3 (Milan, Inter, and Copenhagen) and lost 12 (Milan, Barcelona x 2, Juventus x 2, Inter, Zenit, Valencia x 2, Copenhagen, and Bodo x 2). As mentioned, we haven’t won any of the ties on aggregate. No disgrace not beating Barcelona or the big three Italian teams. Not even winning a game against Copenhagen and Bodo was poor. Not least as Bodo disproved our previous excuses for poor qualifying performances - rebuilding the team, we’re in pre-season against teams mid-season, etc.

Prior to 2004, we hadn’t been in European football after Christmas for 23 years - while the football calendar means we’re unlikely to have such a barren run again anytime soon, we’re not far off it being 23 years since we won a post-group knock-out tie, and if it weren’t for Musonda’s wonder goal against Zenit, we’d be saying that about winning a post-group knock out game!

As if all that wasn’t bad enough, we’ve also had the delights of having made our Champions League group stage debut in 2001 and it taking us 11 years and 5 appearances in the CL group stages to get an away win - Operation CLAW and all that. And we had the no wins in the group stage of the Europa League in Ronnie’s second year.

Could have been written by a bear!

Septic didn’t lose, they were cheated.
Get with it, FFS.
I thought they were co-champions because they were cheated and singed more louder than Porto.

Seriously though, Dundee Utd fans don't give a fvck about Gothenburg. They probably hate the place.

We have no affinity with going to Manchester every Sept weekend to wallow in the memory of a loss.

Glorifying a final defeat is the essence of "wee club" thinking. Their love affair with Seville is very odd and may be coming to an end soon.

Next year's CL Final wouldn't happen to be in Lisbon would it? :)

14 minutes ago#169270
I’m obviously not speaking for anyone else here but the wind has been completely taken out of my sales in regards our match tomorrow because of the huns getting to the final.

It’s feels like the massive advantage we were going to have by going straight to the group stages is going to be taken away because the huns are gonna win a trophy not even the most deluded hun would have believed they could win.

I am pretty gutted tbh. I know we can only really focus on ourselves and not what’s going in across the city and ange deserves massive success for everything he’s done and it’s unfair to even have fans like myself thinking this way. But as I said if I’m being totally honest the way this season is ending is having me feeling abit deflated

I really don't understand why the f*ck you'd watch your biggest rivals in the semi-final of a European tournament. Had the roles been reversed (no laughing at the back) the last thing I would be doing is watching their game. I'd rather clean the house or go for a walk.

If Celtic were playing in my garden, I'd shut the curtains.

The only reason you watch your rivals in a game like that is if them losing means more to you than anything else in football - including your own teams success. There's no way the pay-off outweighs potentially watching them win and reach the final for anyone normal.

Back