Is Seville gonna be big enough?

Live Forever

Official Ticketer
Will they have the infrastructure to cope with this invasion?

Population of just under 700k. I’m guessing we’ll be adding over 10% to that tally for a few days.

Germans be looking to travel in numbers also.

I hope the place isn’t overwhelmed :eek: transport, places to watch the game etc. they’d do well to have fan zones similar to what we had in Glasgow Green for the Euros.

Might just be flapping but demand seems phenomenal.

I know Frankfurt have a large travelling support like us but are they the type to travel without tickets?

If they are, then your talking about 100,000 fans in the city minimum.

Realistically there could be 50,000 Rangers and 50,000 Frankfurt without tickets in the city.

I really hope they are doing something as this should not come as a surprise

Its not. The city is lovely, but full of very narrow traditional Spanish streets. It’s a similar size to Edinburgh - probably smaller and it’s population will likely grow by a 7th for a couple of days.
You have to wonder how a stadium of 40k has won a Europa cup final? I know there was a change of venue but it’s not like Europe isn’t blessed with huge cities and stadiums. Something stinks but such is Uefa.

No. The more I speak to people the more I worry.
I reckon we’ll take easy 100 grand - easy - and Eintracht took 30 grand to Barcelona so can imagine them taking double / treble that.
If so…..my word.

I doubt it will be big enough, in fact, I think it will be an absolute nightmare.

Not to piss on anyones chips at all. I think that Seville would be a great place to visit but to host in the region of 200000 people from Scotland and Germany, as well as other tourists, I’m not sure Seville or UEFA are prepared for the utter carnage that’s about to hit them!!

I'm a bit concerned about actually watching the game. When I was last in Madrid pre-lockdown, I loved the small local bars that almost always had a big screen and stayed open until they couldn't be arsed or nobody was buying. Does Seville have a similar culture?

I'm a bit concerned about actually watching the game. When I was last in Madrid pre-lockdown, I loved the small local bars that almost always had a big screen and stayed open until they couldn't be arsed or nobody was buying. Does Seville have a similar culture?

Apparently not accounting to a poster on the traveling ticketless thread

The other thread has a post saying the SLO / club are going on Monday to have discussions with the authorities about this.

It makes perfect sense, there’s no feasible argument against it. Plus the other clubs like Betis will get their cut with admission fee, refreshments etc.

I’m making sure I’m at the stadium about 8 hours before kick off. Won’t be drinking either as we’re flying at 2:45 AM after.

I really hate busy places, and not being able to move so I’m a bit uncomfortable with the prospect of so many people in such small spaces.

Uefa/Rangers/Frankfurt really need to sort out some designated zones for fans to congregate, I’m sure we’ll try to get our point across.

No. The more I speak to people the more I worry.
I reckon we’ll take easy 100 grand - easy - and Eintracht took 30 grand to Barcelona so can imagine them taking double / treble that.
If so…..my word.
Im going to take a punt and say 100k rangers 50k frankfurt

or some other combination of 150k

Confirmed on another thread that representatives from rangers are travelling out on monday to speak with the authorities regarding arrangements.

We should have some more clarity then hopefully
Nice one pal

I would have thought every pub and restaurant will need to get a TV in. And big screens available for the amount of supporters travelling

You have to wonder how a stadium of 40k has won a Europa cup final?

You don't have to wonder at all. It's not like it's unusual

2021 final - Stadion Gdansk, capacity 41,000
2020 final - Koln stadion, capacity 46,000

The last two years have seen similar capacity stadiums.

It's just your luck which venue has the final if you get that far.

Even if this was being held at the Nou Camp, tickets would be like gold dust given the number of fans both sides are bringing.

I can only see a mid size 'square' in the city centre called the Plaza san Francisco. The rest of the city looks made up of narrow streets. It will be bedlam.

Went to our Champions League game in Seville in 2009. From memory there were very few options for boozers and most people had a carry out in the main square/steps.

Think most Bears took a piss in a restaurant charging €1 a time. It’s absolutely not equipped for a day of 100k Bears boozing.

Might possibly have been the worst 2 possible supports to have in terms of numbers (except a Spanish team). I don't think they will cope.

Hopefully they show it at one of the other stadiums.

If they set up several fan zones or open up other stadiums then it would be fine. If not then it’s going to be carnage.

Frankfurt will take almost as many fans as us.

I think it’s heading for a disaster with the amount of ticketless fans who will be in the city. So much so that I am now considering staying in Glasgow to watch it. There are just too many people heading to a small city and I fear it will be carnage.

Will go 80k Rangers in city, with another 20k Rangers on Costas.
50k Germans.
If travel proves to be easier than it looks then would add more Rangers.

Confirmed on another thread that representatives from rangers are travelling out to Seville on Monday to speak with the authorities regarding arrangements.

Hopefully should have some more clarity then
Rangerd flying out to make arrangements What? What could possibly go wrong?

Plaza de Espana

Carry out and get doon there, looks massive and tremendous looking

Edit: and its close to the stadium

Plaza_de_Espa%C3%B1a_%28Sevilla%29_-_01.jpg

Went to our Champions League game in Seville in 2009. From memory there were very few options for boozers and most people had a carry out in the main square/steps.

Think most Bears took a piss in a restaurant charging €1 a time. It’s absolutely not equipped for a day of 100k Bears boozing.

Yes, nice city, but this game will be another level.

Latest posts

Back