Kerryfail Meltdown - Yes, they are nutjobs!

Screenshot-20220506-153023.jpg
My word that is just sublime. Absolutely delicious.

Indisputably it will. And all the usual suspects can chatter about is not the incredible achievement, but how Seville is going to be destroyed. It's going to be Armageddon there.

All previous Scottish wins in Europe were in a pre Bosman pre TV billions world. They faced nothing like the disparities we do now and that includes our own winning team.

And given it comes just 10 years after our own personal Armageddon the achievement is even more startling. As improbable as Buster Douglas knocking out an unbeaten Mike Tyson. And we have had more than one fight to reach the title if it comes to pass.

It's almost fantasy stuff you would find in a comic. Roy of the Rovers or something.
If we win it, someone will make the movie.

In Tesco this morning and there's one next to me talking to, I assume was his wife. His exact words were " it's a f#@#@ nightmare, it's bad enough they b#@#ds getting to the final but it's Seville, effin Seville is ours ffs, whit if they ba@#@ds actually win there, sick f#@#@n sick".
I was in fits of laughter as I walked away noticing the poor wife who's obviously had to listen to this constant greetin' since Thursday and wondering if there's a divorce lawyer opened on a Saturday.
Haaaaaahhhhaaahhhhhaaaaaahhhaaaa ...
It's not a divorce lawyer she'll need. With their previous, it'll be a doctor, and an ambulance. While we're all celebrating, Bernadette will suffering. It's the Ceptic way.

One of my first comments on here was to say that us getting to the final would end them, league win or not, it would be worse than us stopping their stupid ten. They are an open book. Always have been always will be.

It’s not even in the top 10 strangest things about them but their love-in with Seville is so fucking weird.

There has to be more to it than 2003, when PORTO won. It was Porto right?!

They have a genuine affection for it, it’s mental. And they’ll soon have to witness thousands of Bears conga through its squares celebrating the greatest sporting achievement in Scottish football history.

If we win Europa, then the whole Seville play will be cancelled.

But I see they still have the Tommy Burns Story running at the Kings this year.

Does anyone know who plays Frank Cairney in the play? Must be a proud moment in Burns' career "hey, I know you abused children... but I campaigned to get you back to Celtic!"...

[End of Act 2]

Not sure this muppet gets how knock out aggregate football ties works. If a club wins every first leg tie 10-0 then draws the second leg 0-0 they deserve to be in the final even though this fool would argue that they've only won 50% of the ties played.

Rangers might have seven wins in the Europa but five of those were enough to win knock out ties on aggregate the only thing that matters.

Also discrediting teams getting to the Europa final. If it's as easy as the fat mess proclaims then why haven't a certain green and grey horde not made the final recently?
This coming from a team that haven't won a knockout game since 2004! We've won 4 knockout games this season alone!

There was a comment on there slagging rangers away form this year in europe, do they have the cheek to talk about performances in europe never mind away performances or even winning a knockout round?

53 min. ago#169384
I have a very good friend in Germany who lives in Sulzbach near Frankfurt. A mad fan of Frankfurt for thirty years. He and his pals very pleased they are playing the huns, partly because they think they are shampoo and partly because they did not want Leipzig to get to a final, they absolutely hate that cub as do many German fans. So many Bundesliga clubs are partly owned by the fans so Leipzig are poison to them. Henry has been to watch Celtic three times in the last ten years and loved every minute including the Man.City game. I have told him not to consider ever coming here again if his team do not destroy the huns. He and a lot of his friends whom I have met, know a lot more about the scum than you`d expect, most can`t get their heads round the strange fantasy world the Ipox legions live in! Although they don`t rate Celtic much these days, they recognise that we are a world famous club and that football is far from a level playing field these days. It pisses them off bug time how Bayern totally dominate the bundesliga and they will agree, it is not as good a league as it was five years ago. In saying that, Henry has assured me that Frankfurt will not allow the hun hordes to besmirch Seville in any way! I AM HOLDING HIM TO THAT!!!
Fantasy:).Im presuming these Krauts know Glasgow is in Scotland not Dublin:)

the pain :D

Torquemada
Torquemada

Last active
22 minutes ago
17K12,983

Off treasure hunting in Holland
26 minutes ago#169352
So far they've matched what we, the old club, Middlesbrough and Fulham have achieved. Seville for us was great because of the experience and the awards the fans won, but in the great scheme of things it's only we who remember it. Who now talks about the *Uefa Cup Finalists great run to Manchester other than about the riots? If they win, which I'm increasingly hopeful they won't, it will be a blow to our pride for a while but their name will never be on the Big One. They can squeal all they want but the CL is the only trophy whose winners are remembered. I'd even forgotten that Villarreal won the EL last year and, worse, that they beat ManUre to do so. But I've never forgotten how often we've won the league that we play in or how we did it. I hope to still be wildly celebrating another title this time tomorrow but I'm funny like that.

*Edit
Don't worry timmy, you won't forget this as long as you live ;)

Again, this kind or reaction would make total sense it that we’re Rangers playing last night. But assume this guy thinks it’s a new club with no history prior to 2012? In that case I’ve no idea why he cares

I think you’ll find we’re called ‘Ibrox’ now :))
That, in itself, is an absolute madness.
The sheer stupidity of it.

For once I agree with one of their ranters, he's dead right. We win this, they will never be allowed to forget it. Their terror is that they will never match it, and despite their disagreement about this being the greatest ever Scottish achievement in Europe, that wont fly.

History will record it as such because deep down everybody knows it is. Unless we win the CL next season I suppose.

It shows how big this is when even Hugh Keevins says if we win it will trump everything ever done by a Scottish team in Europe.

He’s right, how many finals did Scottish teams get to in the 60/70s? It was semi regular. Now with the financial gulf it’s incredible even getting to a final.

the pain :D

Torquemada
Torquemada

Last active
22 minutes ago
17K12,983

Off treasure hunting in Holland
26 minutes ago#169352
So far they've matched what we, the old club, Middlesbrough and Fulham have achieved. Seville for us was great because of the experience and the awards the fans won, but in the great scheme of things it's only we who remember it. Who now talks about the *Uefa Cup Finalists great run to Manchester other than about the riots? If they win, which I'm increasingly hopeful they won't, it will be a blow to our pride for a while but their name will never be on the Big One. They can squeal all they want but the CL is the only trophy whose winners are remembered. I'd even forgotten that Villarreal won the EL last year and, worse, that they beat ManUre to do so. But I've never forgotten how often we've won the league that we play in or how we did it. I hope to still be wildly celebrating another title this time tomorrow but I'm funny like that.

*Edit
Some of them are by now clutching their childhood VHS tapes of their 67 win whilst rocking back and forth in the corner. I'm convinced that without that comfort blanket their support would be a fraction of what it is.

In the last ten minutes of the game last night, I was too nervous to watch "live" on the sports channel where I live so I also had Bet365 on, which was thirty seconds ahead.

When it showed there were three minutes of injury time, we were already a minute into it. At 92:30, it showed RBL corner, then it showed a couple of exchanges of possession, then it stopped showing changes in possession, which usually indicates a goal or penalty or serious injury that has stopped play.

At 93:06 it flashed an RBL goal and changed the score to 3-2.

A few seconds later the score rolled back to 3-1 and it changed to FT.

I near shat myself.

I've been wondering since then whether it was a mutant Bet365 employee deliberately trying a wind-up for watching Bears but suspect it was just an operator hitting a wrong update button and getting Goal instead of FT.
I’ll help you here.
It was me delivering one of the best tango moments ever.
(Truth is, I’d love this to be true!)

Don't worrytimmy, you won't forget this as long as you live ;)
Outstanding use of the term 'CL' in that post, they actually believe winning a handful of games in '67 equates to winning the Champions League nowadays???
The facts are of course, the Europa League is the 'Big One' for the vast majority of clubs now as only about 4-5 clubs can seriously expect to win the 'CL' and us even getting to the Europa final eclipses their run in '67 against factory works teams and Inter reserves.
What a bonus it is to see the agony us winning on Thursday has caused...bwahhaaahaaaa.

Outstanding use of the term 'CL' in that post, they actually believe winning a handful of games in '67 equates to winning the Champions League nowadays???
The facts are of course, the Europa League is the 'Big One' for the vast majority of clubs now as only about 4-5 clubs can seriously expect to win the 'CL' and us even getting to the Europa final eclipses their run in '67 against factory works teams and Inter reserves.
What a bonus it is to see the agony us winning on Thursday has caused...bwahhaaahaaaa.
It will be just a pimple compared to the scale of what will happen if Rangers win this cup on the 18th

Back