Sevilla work problem, help!!

RTamID

My wee brother is taking time off work to go, think he is throwing a sickie in, they are already booked up. He is worried about his boss phoning him whilst he is away as it will show/give away that he is abroad. I told him to put his sim in an old phone and leave it at home, just use a new sim abroad whilst having his phone and all that's on it with him. Even suggested having the calls diverted from the phone in UK to the new number bit he doesn't seem to think this will work!! Anybody know if it will? Or have a solution to this?

If it's a UK number he has it shouldn't say he's in spain.

If it's his boss phoning him and not the other way around - it definitely shouldn't say he's in spain.

My wee brother is taking time off work to go, think he is throwing a sickie in, they are already booked up. He is worried about his boss phoning him whilst he is away as it will show/give away that he is abroad. I told him to put his sim in an old phone and leave it at home, just use a new sim abroad whilst having his phone and all that's on it with him. Even suggested having the calls diverted from the phone in UK to the new number bit he doesn't seem to think this will work!! Anybody know if it will? Or have a solution to this?
I have been in this situation before. When someone rings the number it will be a foreign ring tone and will also have a Spanish voicemail message.

Buy a burner - that will be the best option.

If it's a UK number he has it shouldn't say he's in spain.

If it's his boss phoning him and not the other way around - it definitely shouldn't say he's in spain.
The ringtone will give it away when someone calls him, which I think is his concern.

Personally, I'd leave the thing at home if he's that worried & get a burner. Or just level with his work. I binned off my job when my boss tried to say I wasn't getting hols to go to Barcelona in 2007

Text boss you're in Seville on Wednesday so can't make it in. Let the boss cool down for the rest of the days until back

Best option - very easy to get a fitnote from the docs (stress) - if in a rush then using Photoshop to make a sick note works ( had to do it a few times) if a sick note is provided then really shouldn't need to communicate with him unless a time/date is giving (welfare call) -

Last edited:
Run over his foot with the car

Then be will be sick and in pain but get to be off for a few days

Back