Help needed - anyone on here work in the Glasgow passport office?

Phone them, they'll try to accommodate you as best they can, when it's sent to you it'll come by courier, you can then arrange with the courier to collect it from their premises. Mate of mine is going through the exact same process for his son right now.

Lots of great advice here guys, thanks a lot. It’s going to be a sweat for sure. Not an ounce of compassion shown either, you’re in the queue!! Will defo pester them.

Phone them and lay it on as thick as you possibly can,it might tug at someone’s heart
Phone them, they'll try to accommodate you as best they can, when it's sent to you it'll come by courier, you can then arrange with the courier to collect it from their premises. Mate of mine is going through the exact same process for his son right now.
Do you know if he phoned the generic 0300 number? I can’t find a number for the Glasgow office. Great advice about the courier, we were told that we can’t collect as it must be delivered by courier to the home address.

I had mine to replace a lost passport on the afternoon of Tuesday the 3rd in Glasgow, it was dispatched on Friday 6th, left the South Midlands depot at 4:50pm and was delivered Special Delivery to my home in the Western Isles at 2:30pm on Saturday. If it was a morning appointment then you might be lucky, if it's after a certain time (I think the cutoff was 12:30 but not 100% sure) they say it will be an extra working day. Best of luck to you and the wee guy

Post in the Passport thread in the Lounge if you have access, someone there might be able to give advice. Looks like there's a huge amount of applications all over the UK though.

Application for my son through fast track done today, only guaranteed by Thursday which is obviously too late, flights booked from Aberdeen early Tuesday.

Don't contact the passport office number, the advisor only sees what we can see when we log into the online account using the pex number. Send an email off to glasgowupgradeteam@hmpo.gov.uk and say you have a funeral to attend. I received my daughters by using this email a day before out flight as they rushed it through for me. Hope you get sorted.

Application for my son through fast track done today, only guaranteed by Thursday which is obviously too late, flights booked from Aberdeen early Tuesday.
You used to be able to fast track a passport if you went to the passport centre in Newcastle.

Small enough to fit into a large suitcase?

Serisouly though, fingers crossed. Your in the lap of the Gods just now with the passport office.
I’d seriously try anything to get my wee man there mate, my gut is absolutely wrenching after the highs of getting to the final, then booking flights, accommodation………and match tickets. Words can’t describe how heartbroken he will be if it doesn’t arrive on time.

Best of luck mate. I went to the appointment in Glasgow on The Monday and my passport arrived on the Wednesday morning. That was in March so hopefully you get a wee bit of luck m8

With the backlog the way it is up there even knowing someone that works there probably wouldn’t get you put through faster at this rate.

Best of luck mate hope it arrives earlier.

I know someone in the past who was waiting on a passport was taking ages so ended up contacting his local MP and he received the passport recorded delivery 2 days later.
Could be worth a try but I wouldn’t mention it’s for a football match.

I've handed in my passport to the Glasgow passport office and received my old passport the next day with corner cut off then new passport a few days later.
So it can be done and this was non fast track.

My mates came 2 days early. Can you not arrange to pick it up.
Mite speed it up a bit.

I’d seriously try anything to get my wee man there mate, my gut is absolutely wrenching after the highs of getting to the final, then booking flights, accommodation………and match tickets. Words can’t describe how heartbroken he will be if it doesn’t arrive on time.
Hopefully it arrives on time. I’ll take his ticket if it unfortunately doesn’t though.

Email glasgowupgradeteam@hmpo.gov.uk

68093-A97-EE5-D-48-D2-8-D8-F-CDA649457-F86.jpg

I know someone in the past who was waiting on a passport was taking ages so ended up contacting his local MP and he received the passport recorded delivery 2 days later.
Could be worth a try but I wouldn’t mention it’s for a football match.
I’ve tried that mate and got a reply saying that passports aren’t the responsibility of the devolved government

I’ve tried that mate and got a reply saying that passports aren’t the responsibility of the devolved government

Contact your MP rather than MSP. Not sure they will be able to help given its a very short time frame but worth a call/email.

Back