Official Absent Friends - a toast to some pals who won't make it to Seville

One of the best moments of my life, was watching THAT penalty shout out versus Fiorentina with my auld man in his living room, he was in his mid 70s at the time, but I can remember his smile and glint in his eye as I almost jumped through his ceiling when Novo slotted that penalty away.

The auld fella passed away in 2018.

When Tav holds that trophy above his head next Wednesday night, for the umpteen millionth time in my life, I'll thank auld Geordie for making me a Bear.

I'll raise a glass to my friend Dunky, who I travelled to Ibrox with over the years and have amazing memories from Manchester 2008.

I poured my heart out on here over a year ago now when he left this mortal coil and is sorely missed to this day.

A toast to you dunky and I hope our beloved bears can do us all proud come Wednesday, I know you'll be up there looking down on the game.

To Dunky, to Absent friends.

Thinking about my late Grandad. He once told me that tims stayed in the flat above him and made a lot of noise in 1967. He made sure to return the favour a few years later in 1972 :). Rangers very kindly treated him to a hospitality match before he passed away a few years ago. If we win, I’ll raise a glass to him.

My Uncle John bowed out just before the start of the 2019/20 season. He was still going to his seat in the Copland until after his 90th birthday. To describe John as 'Rangers daft' would have been a gross understatement. He and every other departed Bear that I can remember will be in my thoughts on Wednesday night.

A Dennistoun legend passed away this week, Alan Stewart, known in every hostelry in Duke Street, even the Crown-Creighton!

Famous for his love of Rangers, displayed almost every day by his apparel, he worked in Remploy in Springburn. Once a treasured member of the Townhead RSC, his antics will live with us for ever.

He'll be looking down with pride as his beloved club aim for glory in Seville.

Rest easy my friend.

Was at a friends funeral on Wednesday. He would have been in Seville with us.

I’ve lost several family and friends since 2012. My dad and two grandas included in there. They’d all be loving this right now.

They’ll all be looking down watching.

My username is after my uncle Winke

The biggest Rangers man I’ve ever come across. This is now the second final in Europe since he has gone.

Then my old man went last October, read whilst I was waiting on my Old dear outside the CO-OP about Walter.

However I know for sure that any of those men will be willing a Rangers victory and that when it comes we go balls to the ball walls celebrating

My mother loved The Rangers the Queen being Scottish and British, Sis, dad, gran, granda and my mates Wullie, Jim, Robert, Craig, Eddie and Morton and all other absent Bears and friends. God bless you all with his love, free access to the game and a Rangers Victory please?

I went to my first ever game in the boot of Gadgers motor. Picked up in the Main Street.

Legend of a man. Glasgow Cup final just before Charlie Miller broke through he was getting bit of stick from the scum. Sang in just a fat orange bastard at the top of his booming voice for about 20 minutes :))
Went to Fortuna Dusseldorf and Cologne with Gary and Winkie. i take it Winkie was your uncle.

Went to Fortuna Dusseldorf and Cologne with Gary and Winkie. i take it Winkie was your dad.
Was my uncle mate. You not at Dortmund when he burnt the hotel to the ground and broke his leg fucking off from the police?:))

Had loads of great times as a kid with Gary, daft Angie and my Uncle Winkie:)

Angie must still be one here but since she’s ditched Gazza I can’t work out who she is:))

Back