Airport Departures, Queues, Delays - ALL UPDATES HERE

Was speaking to someone last night whos sister works at glasgow airport, said they are expecting total carnage at the airport on Tuesday and told me to be there 3 hours before my flight, also said they are thinking of opening security up at 3am instead of 4am

3pm flight on Tuesday to Faro. Would be good if people update this thread on the security times I’m working Tues morning so can’t leave really early.

The live security wait time is on here. Mind that’s supposedly from scanning boarding pass to the point you prepare your tray. Thereafter depends on your preparation lol.

I have it on good authority from somebody who works there that Edinburgh Airport was Hell on Thursday morning and that was prior to any Sevile traffic. I'd imagine it can only get worse when Sevile traffic kicks in for real.
Get there early Bears.

Was speaking to someone last night whos sister works at glasgow airport, said they are expecting total carnage at the airport on Tuesday and told me to be there 3 hours before my flight, also said they are thinking of opening security up at 3am instead of 4am

I flew down to London last Tuesday morning, Glasgow had ONE security desk open out of about 22, and that was mid day with a relatively full schedule of flights going on. Know they've had staffing problems post COVID but by Christ I hope theyve a plan for next week!

Definitely get there earlier, flew out of Edinburgh on Monday and security was heaving

I have it on good authority from somebody who works there that Edinburgh Airport was Hell on Thursday morning and that was prior to any Sevile traffic. I'd imagine it can only get worse when Sevile traffic kicks in for real.
Get there early Bears.
Heard the same from some guys I was in a meeting with on Thursday. The lads even changed to a later return flight as they had no confidence of getting through security on time.

I’ve been through Glasgow a few times in recent months as well and it’s been absolutely dead every time. Wouldn’t surprise me if there are a wee bit rusty when trying to cope with this weeks numbers, even if they are prepared.

Leave plenty time lads.

Maybe think about booking priority security! It's only £6 if anyone is worried? Especially bears that are getting internal flight early morning.

A wee bit of advice,

Anyone who is travelling to the airport by taxi for an early morning late night flight.

If you're wanting picked up at 4am play safe and book your car for 3.30am, it's due to a severe lack of taxis out working especially at that time in the morning and bookings will probably be running late.

Flying from Edinburgh at 14:15 on Tuesday, bus gets into Edinburgh city centre at 10.52. That’s 3 hours and 23 minutes in between. Time enough to get the airport bus and get through security?

Get there early Bears.
Don't need to worry about that mate i arrive in at midnight from London my flight out not till 7AM lol

Monday morning 07:05 to Cork the Faro. Planning on being at Edinburgh airport for 5am. Anyone know the times of first flights out of Edinburgh to let me gauge if 5am is enough time for my flight.

Cheers.

Flying from Edinburgh at 14:15 on Tuesday, bus gets into Edinburgh city centre at 10.52. That’s 3 hours and 23 minutes in between. Time enough to get the airport bus and get through security?
Are you flying to Dublin by any chance

Monday morning 07:05 to Cork the Faro. Planning on being at Edinburgh airport for 5am. Anyone know the times of first flights out of Edinburgh to let me gauge if 5am is enough time for my flight.

Cheers.
Fairly certain there's a KLM flight to Amsterdam at 6am most mornings

Worst airport I have ever used mate. It was a shambles, and that was a few years ago just going to Portugal on holiday.

Give yourself plenty time.

Worst airport I have ever used mate. It was a shambles, and that was a few years ago just going to Portugal on holiday.

Give yourself plenty time.
Getting the train down, thankfully my flight is the last one out and there’s barely any flights in the couple of hours before it leaves, still arriving four hours before with booked fast track security mind you :))

Getting the train down, thankfully my flight is the last one out and there’s barely any flights in the couple of hours before it leaves, still arriving four hours before with booked fast track security mind you :))

Hopefully you will be fine then mate. Its a tiny airport, but it was bursting at the seems that day we were there.

Reactions: FSM
Back