No Drinking On Renfe Trains

AndyWebsterLoyal

Official Ticketer
A2218-E82-B304-4-C67-82-C9-CBAF64201-DB1.jpg

Somehow I think they’re on a hiding to nothing trying to enforce this next week

Not sure, probably get picked up when you board by the scanners they have - not like boarding a Train over here afterall.
This is true. But it’s only against the rules to drink. Can they stop you just carrying it?

Otherwise it won’t look suspicious at all with me traveling with multiple bottles of cola ;)

This is true. But it’s only against the rules to drink. Can they stop you just carrying it?

Otherwise it won’t look suspicious at all with me traveling with multiple bottles of cola ;)
lol, be amazed if they let folk on with it if clearly Booze to be honest.

When I done a Madrid to Toledo train in 2017, I went through airport style security. That was for a Renfe train. Baggage scanners and through the body scanner too.

Not sure, probably get picked up when you board by the scanners they have - not like boarding a Train over here afterall.
They sell alcohol on board. This has been implemented for the football. I have purchased alcohol in the standard section and got a wine list in first class. Also it’s incredibly rare to see a staff member other than behind the bar in the snack and bar cabin….

They sell alcohol on board. This has been implemented for the football. I have purchased alcohol in the standard section and got a wine list in first class. Also it’s incredibly rare to see a staff member other than behind the bar in the snack and bar cabin….
Aye last time I went I could buy it on board and took some on, couple of years ago. Not really sure what difference it makes if they usually sell it or not in this situation to be honest.

Still be very surprised if they let you board with Alcohol, can remember going from Paris to Nice in Euro 2016 and everyone getting on who looked like a Football lad was searched. Far stricter in Spain afterall, I couldn't be arsed with the risk of jumping Hurdle 1 (getting booze on board) and then Hurdle 2 (drinking it on board) but each to their own.

Last edited:
Aye last time I went I could buy it on board and took some on, couple of years ago. Not really sure what difference it makes if they usually sell it or not in this situation to be honest.

Still be very surprised if they let you board with Alcohol, can remember going from Paris to Nice in Euro 2016 and everyone getting on who looked like a Football lad was searched. Far stricter in Spain afterall, I couldn't be arsed with the risk of jumping Hurdle 1 (getting booze on board) and then Hurdle 2 (drinking it on board) but each to their own.
They literally sell it beyond security at Atocha. You regularly see old ladies sitting with a cerveza and a bocadillo.

They literally sell it beyond security at Atocha. You regularly see old ladies sitting with a cerveza and a bocadillo.
I know mate but this is pretty useless for next week? Unless I am missing something. All just educated guesses as to what will happen on this front next week end of the day.

Last edited:
Back