Frankfurt playing a full strength side today

Eintracht are a smart team in Europe. They whipped West Ham home and away. They beat Barcelona away. We are essentially the underdogs for this game, make no mistake. It will take all of Gio’s technical skill and the team’s know-how to win the EL next week. Anybody who thinks otherwise has not seen Eintracht play. Saying that, I think we have a better chance of winning the EL this time round. In Manchester, I expected Zenit to over power us as they had some outstanding world class players. We didn’t. We had a system that held out for about 70 minutes. I’m expecting more from the team against Eintracht, but it will be difficult. They cut through West Ham in London with casual ease. So, I do hope most of us understand the reality of this and not be cock-sure based on machismo.

Eintracht are a smart team in Europe. They whipped West Ham home and away. They beat Barcelona away. We are essentially the underdogs for this game, make no mistake. It will take all of Gio’s technical skill and the team’s know-how to win the EL next week. Anybody who thinks otherwise has not seen Eintracht play. Saying that, I think we have a better chance of winning the EL this time round. In Manchester, I expected Zenit to over power us as they had some outstanding world class players. We didn’t. We had a system that held out for about 70 minutes. I’m expecting more from the team against Eintracht, but it will be difficult. They cut through West Ham in London with casual ease. So, I do hope most of us understand the reality of this and not be cock-sure based on machismo.

I certainly am not underestimating them. Every team seems to have an off day in Europe. So far Eintracht haven't had one.

Hopefully Wednesday is it.

Quite clearly a counter-attack team. They look to win the ball fairly high up. Not a passing team. We need to be brave and play forward passes past their lines. They definitely leave gaps at the back that puts pressure on their defence to sweep up.

Mainz will come back to win but they are an average team no matter what anyone says.

They have a dilemma, on the right side of defence

Did they not get battered by West Ham?

We need to be switched on at the back but there defence looks a bit panicky. If we bring our A game we stand a good chance. They don’t like to be pressed one on one. May be different on Wednesday though.

I think they’ll be a tougher opposition than both Dortmund and Leipzig.

Physical and aggressive. More organised at the back. Can be dangerous on the counter.

A couple of things. Can get caught on the counter attack and very narrow - we will get plenty opportunities down the sides.
They are far more similar in style to us than any other team we have beat so far.

Physical and aggressive. More organised at the back. Can be dangerous on the counter.

A couple of things. Can get caught on the counter attack and very narrow - we will get plenty opportunities down the sides.
They must know how dangerous Kent is, he had both Dortmund and Leipzig’s full backs tied in knots, playing narrow against him is asking for trouble.

Not a chance they'll be tougher than Leipzig and Dortmund. We'll have more of the ball than we did v those 2 as well. They like a long ball over the top which we need to be wary of

West ham and Barcelona gave them space to play, Barca are rank rotten in defence. Lepzig far better team than them.

Not a chance they'll be tougher than Leipzig and Dortmund. We'll have more of the ball than we did v those 2 as well. They like a long ball over the top which we need to be wary of
Watching them today and I agree that they are not as good as Dortmund or Leipzeg.

They are more physical that they other 2 teams though.

As I type, almost 3-2 Mainz.

Frankfurt dodgy at the back.

Should be 3-2 Mainz. Frankfurt don't really press in the midfield I've noticed. Wouldn't surprise me Kamara starting as I think he could control that area

Watching them today and I agree that they are not as good as Dortmund or Leipzeg.

They are more physical that they other 2 teams though.

As I type, almost 3-2 Mainz.

Frankfurt dodgy at the back.

Exactly, League positions don't lie.

By the time the game comes around they will be better than Bayern.

Back