Frankfurt playing a full strength side today

Clear goal for Mainz there - goalkeeping mistake (no idea what the ref is thinking.

VAR should allow it.

EDIT - Referee disagrees with VAR (idiot)

I was at Hertha v Mainz last weekend. Both teams were god awful. On the train back into Berlin we got chatting with a group of Mainz fans. They were saying they supported us against Leipzig and would be supporting us against Frankfurt. Never had much nice to say about Frankfurt to be honest. Strangely they began singing follow follow when they found out we were all Rangers fans!

That was a dreadful decision by the ref. Right there he shows my worry about VAR in Scotland. At the end of the day, you can’t stop a ref who is determined to make a wrong decision, no matter how much help you give them. The keeper never had the ball in control and pushed it onto his opponents chest.

Need to be two up before we can think about that imo. Think we are most vulnerable when trying to sit back on a one goal lead.
I'm not saying we should do it, but this team wouldn't score against a Walter Smith European setup that's for sure.

They're dire, we've got this.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us play with the 3 at the back again, make sure the spaces aren't there for them to counter and pick us off.

The main danger is how they break at pace but we've already shown we can deal with that.

Disagree with the ones who said they look a physical outfit, I don't see a lot of physicality in their team tbh, players like Kamada and Borre are slight players but pacy and full of technical ability. Their midfield doesn't put in a lot of hard challenges certainly when you compare them to the likes of Lundstram and Jack.

Ndicka being out would be huge as well as Hinterregger that's their first choice centre back pairing.

Cannot understand why they've went full strength in a meaningless game but if that's their other centre half out then that's brilliant news.

Imagine we played Tav or Goldson today and they got injured.

Back