Seville Airport

Shazzamac

I'm flying into seville airport on Wednesday at 5.15pm from Glasgow. I will only have hand luggage and both me and my son are vaccinated. How long do you reckon till we get outside the airport? I want to book a taxi so that its there waiting for us but not sure what time to book it for. I wanted to get it to stop by our apartment first to drop the backpacks off, but can't find one that will let me do that. If time is tight I will just need to go straight to the stadium with the backpacks. Any help or advice is appreciated. I'm panicking a wee bit.

I don’t know how you’ll fare at the stadium with the back packs. They’ll want to search them and might not let you take them in.
Maybe bung the taxi driver a few euros when you get in the taxi and ask if he’ll take you to the apartment first.
Good luck bud and have a great time.

Not sure you will get into stadium with backpacks I’m afraid. There’s some size limits published but I can’t find them right now - but it was small. Might get away with plastic bags as daft as it sounds.

I used Welcome Pick Ups. Cost about 30 Euros and the boy will be waiting with your name on a bit of paper. They also give 1 hour free waiting time so set the time for 15 minutes after your flight arrival and you should be good. They also monitor for flight delays and adjust accordingly.

I'm flying into seville airport on Wednesday at 5.15pm from Glasgow. I will only have hand luggage and both me and my son are vaccinated. How long do you reckon till we get outside the airport? I want to book a taxi so that its there waiting for us but not sure what time to book it for. I wanted to get it to stop by our apartment first to drop the backpacks off, but can't find one that will let me do that. If time is tight I will just need to go straight to the stadium with the backpacks. Any help or advice is appreciated. I'm panicking a wee bit.

Should be very quick with hand luggage only. There were plenty taxis when we arrived, but might be different on Wednesday. Without hold luggage, we would have been in a taxi 15 mins after disembarking the plane.

Hedge your bets. Pre-book your taxi, but you can also jump into to one of the taxis waiting at the airport if you are one of the first out of the exit and haven’t made contact with your driver. The airport taxis are fixed fare.

Why don’t you book with a company that can track your flight arrival?

Admire your optimism and hope you make it

Came through today, just carry on luggage. Outside in 15 minutes
Should be very quick with hand luggage only. There were plenty taxis when we arrived, but might be different on Wednesday. Without hold luggage, we would have been in a taxi 15 mins after disembarking the plane.

Hedge your bets. Pre-book your taxi, but you can also jump into to one of the taxis waiting at the airport if you are one of the first out of the exit and haven’t made contact with your driver. The airport taxis are fixed fare.
Was it just a case of a quick passport check?

I don’t know how you’ll fare at the stadium with the back packs. They’ll want to search them and might not let you take them in.
Maybe bung the taxi driver a few euros when you get in the taxi and ask if he’ll take you to the apartment first.
Good luck bud and have a great time.
Was thinking that, I have messaged free now transport to see if its possible to do that. Fingers crossed they reply and I can book

The
Not sure you will get into stadium with backpacks I’m afraid. There’s some size limits published but I can’t find them right now - but it was small. Might get away with plastic bags as daft as it sounds.
At the euros, a clear plastic bag size a4 was allowed.

any decent airport pick up, you tell them what time you are arriving and where from and they know roughly how long it will tae you to get out, they would also check if your incoming flight is on time.

don't over think it

I used Welcome Pick Ups. Cost about 30 Euros and the boy will be waiting with your name on a bit of paper. They also give 1 hour free waiting time so set the time for 15 minutes after your flight arrival and you should be good. They also monitor for flight delays and adjust accordingly.
Great, thanks

any decent airport pick up, you tell them what time you are arriving and where from and they know roughly how long it will tae you to get out, they would also check if your incoming flight is on time.

don't over think it
Thanks, I'm starting to panic. Only booked them on friday

You’ll get outside the airport in 10 mins if they continue the same procedure , they fly you through , no passport control at Seville airport today and also we were on 3 flights , Edinburgh to Brussels , Brussels to Valencia, Valencia to Seville and not one COVID check in any airport on ALL passengers , also plenty taxis outside and 30 to centre of Seville

You’ll get outside the airport in 10 mins if they continue the same procedure , they fly you through , no passport control at Seville airport today and also we were on 3 flights , Edinburgh to Brussels , Brussels to Valencia, Valencia to Seville and not one COVID check in any airport on ALL passengers , also plenty taxis outside and 30 to centre of Seville
Brilliant! Thanks, this is what I wanted to hear

Thanks for the heads up on that mate. Just booked a car for Tuesday afternoon to pick me up from Seville Airport.

Brilliant, thanks

Great, thanks
I just tried to book with them. When I put my flight number in it says it lands at 14.10 and it doesn't. It won't allow me to change the pick up time as it says it exceeds the waiting time. I've sent them a message to ask if there's a way around it.

Last edited:
You will be tight and there will be lots of road closures I expect.

I would get the taxi driver to take you to your apartment and get a wee electric scooter to buzz through the city. Will be quicker than a taxi. You unlock them with your phone.

Thanks for the tip mate, just sorted our arrival on Tuesday, nice touch with the name card which has been Rangersed up lol.

Where are your digs? Leave your luggage at home. Buy stuff next day. Or get taxi to digs and walk. No need to panic.

All sounds a bit too stressful, I’ll take your tickets and you can just head straight to your hotel have a nice cool drink and watch it on the TV?

In all seriousness best of luck and enjoy the game.

My sisters on same flight and also has ticket for the game, she’s starting to panic about timings! Has booked a transfer for 17:45 to take her straight to stadium.

Back