Airport Departures, Queues, Delays - ALL UPDATES HERE

Is early Wednesday morning likely to be the busiest time of the week?
We fly out at 6am, looks like a security fast track would be wise
The problem with fast track is, that everyone is using them, making the queue as long as the normal one.

Anyone going to Edinburgh Airport by train today keep an eye on Scotrail website. It's no surprise but half the trains to Edinburgh gateway this morning have been cancelled

Flying tomorrow morning to palma from T3 at Manchester, just had to emails from Ryanair to tell us to be there 3hrs before flight not the usual 2 they recommend due to massive ques

WATP

I leave any earlier I'll fall asleep at the wheel ha ha

I'll speak to the boys and see what they think, cheers for the heads up.
Haha, no worries. They were apparently calling people out the queue for security so that they made their flight. Obviously not guaranteed that it’ll be as bad tomorrow, but I’d want to avoid that stress.

Haha, no worries. They were apparently calling people out the queue for security so that they made their flight. Obviously not guaranteed that it’ll be as bad tomorrow, but I’d want to avoid that stress.
If I think I'm going to miss the flight I'll be calling them out to let us through ha ha

Has anyone used Easyjet bag drop at any Airport please? Just wanting to know if they are letting you drop bags off more than 2 hours before the flight as it says you can only do it from 2 hours before.

I’m flying to faro this evening with easy jet. I’m not vaccinated but have had a pcr test confirmed negative by boots. They’ve sent me a certificate which I can show on my phone, they’ve not sent me
Anything that I can upload. Will easy jet ask to see this ? And will this be enough on the other side? Thanks

Saw talk on Twitter of it taking ages to get through passport control at Madrid airport. Hope that's not the case tomorrow night or we won't make our train to Seville.

Direct flight from Glasgow tomorrow for me and my uncle!

Buzzing to get there. Touch down around 4.30 local time and will hopefully be on the cans quick sharp.

Saw talk on Twitter of it taking ages to get through passport control at Madrid airport. Hope that's not the case tomorrow night or we won't make our train to Seville.

We land 7,25pm and have a private hire at 8pm in Faro and heard its 90 mins through passport control.

We have contact numbers so just need to phone and update.

How was Glasgow earlier this morning? Anyone know?

Took me a touch over 2 hours to get through non-EU passport control yesterday. That was early on a Sunday morning, what peak time Monday to Friday must look like, I dreaded to think.

What I would say is that there were 3 border staff on duty (24 lanes possible) until 10am exactly, when 3 more opened, so that's obviously shift timings. Hopefully that keeps the queue reasonable later in the day.

Edinburgh > Paris 19:05 tonight
Paris > Seville 10:05 tomorrow

Nervous and excitement, just want to get there. Packed and repacked 3 times

On a connecting flight from Madrid to Seville after landing from Edinburgh .Do we need to pass through security for that again as we also have to get from T1 to T4. Anyone know?

Might be worth getting off at Haymarket. Airport bus and tram stops are just across the road.
Realised because I’m coming from the north I can also get off at Halbeath and get a bus to the airport from there, should get me in at 11.

I am there just now and the queues have been long
Check in at BA desks took over an hour and they were allowing people on earlier flights to jump the queue. Probably because you couldnt check in online.
Also biggish queues at security
I had booked fast track which was okay but the main queue looked pretty big and was slow!
I reckon with the bulk of our support travelling on Tuesday and Wednesday it will be a nightmare
Get to the airport hours before your flight or there is a real possibility you could miss it.
And if you do sail through at least its more drinking time!!!

BA are fucking useless at all airports and have been so for a while now.

Queued for 2 hours to check our bags in at Gatwick before Christmas.

Problem is that they operate one queue for all flights.

Took me a touch over 2 hours to get through non-EU passport control yesterday. That was early on a Sunday morning, what peak time Monday to Friday must look like, I dreaded to think.

What I would say is that there were 3 border staff on duty (24 lanes possible) until 10am exactly, when 3 more opened, so that's obviously shift timings. Hopefully that keeps the queue reasonable later in the day.

Flight gets into Madrid at 7.20, train from Atocha at 9pm. Oh dear :oops:

Back