Airport Departures, Queues, Delays - ALL UPDATES HERE

BA are fucking useless at all airports and have been so for a while now.

Queued for 2 hours to check our bags in at Gatwick before Christmas.

Problem is that they operate one queue for all flights.

I'm currently trying to do online check in for our BA flight from Edinburgh tomorrow morning and it's not even working

3 of us flying from Glasgow tonight to Gatwick. Flight to Barcelona tomorrow morning then train to Seville. Absolutely buzzing for this ⚽.
My son and I are also on the Glasgow Gatwick flight. Travelodge Gatwick tonight then flight to Bilbao tomorrow morning.

I am there just now and the queues have been long
Check in at BA desks took over an hour and they were allowing people on earlier flights to jump the queue. Probably because you couldnt check in online.
Also biggish queues at security
I had booked fast track which was okay but the main queue looked pretty big and was slow!
I reckon with the bulk of our support travelling on Tuesday and Wednesday it will be a nightmare
Get to the airport hours before your flight or there is a real possibility you could miss it.
And if you do sail through at least its more drinking time!!!
Thanks for the update mate. How long did it take to get through security with fast track? I’m leaving tomorrow at 22:15 so hoping its a bit less busy at night.

I'm currently trying to do online check in for our BA flight from Edinburgh tomorrow morning and it's not even working
I'm the same mate, for Gatwick tomorrow. I cant load my covid recovery certificate from nhs scotland app, so I wont be able to check in online.

Thanks for the update mate. How long did it take to get through security with fast track? I’m leaving tomorrow at 22:15 so hoping its a bit less busy at night.
It took about 20 mins mate
Partly due to the trays being slow to come back through

On the 20:05 Glasgow to Malaga flight tomorrow.

Climbing the walls with anticipation already!! Can’t believe I never booked an earlier flight! B-D

I get the bus from the airport and it was carnage at 6.30am. Rangers tops, sombreros and discarded booze bottles everywhere. Was 1 lady's front bottom absolutely out his face and if he made it on the flight, I’d consider it a minor miracle.

Is early Wednesday morning likely to be the busiest time of the week?
We fly out at 6am, looks like a security fast track would be wise
None available mate.

I’m dreading this. Not a chance on earth these planes take off at 6AM

BA are fucking useless at all airports and have been so for a while now.

Queued for 2 hours to check our bags in at Gatwick before Christmas.

Problem is that they operate one queue for all flights.
They shouldn't be as bad now. They have a major issue with getting their staff disclosures therefore many are grounded and working at the airport. They were good with me a few weeks ago. Their aircrafts are rotten though.

I’m flying to faro this evening with easy jet. I’m not vaccinated but have had a pcr test confirmed negative by boots. They’ve sent me a certificate which I can show on my phone, they’ve not sent me
Anything that I can upload. Will easy jet ask to see this ? And will this be enough on the other side? Thanks
Passport control at Faro was mobbed when we got in at 10.15 this morning. They weren’t interested in seeing covid certificates this morning.

They shouldn't be as bad now. They have a major issue with getting their staff disclosures therefore many are grounded and working at the airport. They were good with me a few weeks ago. Their aircrafts are rotten though.

The problem then was that we were sharing the queue with two flights to the caribbean... which were all full of folk flying back there for christmas... who had all overloaded their suitcases. Decent number of check in staff available but it was just slow as hell to get them through.

We arrived over 2 hours before departure, but were one of the last to have our bags checked in because people on earlier flights were getting called in front of us.

They held our flight for 25 mins to make sure everyone was there... which was less than Ideal as we had a 55 minute layover in Doha!

The most frustrating thing about it is that we booked with Qatar, thought we were flying with Qatar only to find out it was BA to Doha.

Am I the only one that doesn't have a clue where more than half are travelling from?

Why not keep separate threads for different airports?

Update as promised troops.

Got checked in and through security at terminal 2 Manchester airport in less than 30mins. Doddle.

Probably half that if you were fast tracked.

Pleasantly surprised cos I was expecting a big delay. Now almost 3hrs to kill before my flight. Oh well at least I can relax.

Anyone been through or going through Palma today? Just looking to find out how security is as we only have 90 minutes between flights

It’s the check in desk times that concern me! Hopefully they don’t mess about and get them fired through.
The clownshoes going on holiday with excess weight, who start swapping clothes around will drive you Tonto. They put them to the back now before someone goes postal .
They are really quick depending on operator. All will be good

Am I the only one that doesn't have a clue where more than half are travelling from?

Why not keep separate threads for different airports?
There was a separate thread for edinburgh airport but it contained about 4 posts about edinburgh and about 5000000 posts about other airports. It even included info about someone and their ferry journey from fucking Tangiers. Think separate threads appears to be a losing battle mate.

Update as promised troops.

Got checked in and through security at terminal 2 Manchester airport in less than 30mins. Doddle.

Probably half that if you were fast tracked.

Pleasantly surprised cos I was expecting a big delay. Now almost 3hrs to kill before my flight. Oh well at least I can relax.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeer

@DocStone you love an official thread, any way of updating this OP with the latest situation for each airport?

Bit of an overhead to keep it up to date, mind you

West Midlands airport departure tomorrow, anyone aware of what the passport controls checks Q’s are like there?

Flying from Edinburgh at 14:15 on Tuesday, bus gets into Edinburgh city centre at 10.52. That’s 3 hours and 23 minutes in between. Time enough to get the airport bus and get through security?
Where from? If it stops at Edinburgh Park or Edinburgh Gateway getting off at those stops in the far west of the city towards the airport will get you immediately onto the trams and avoid city centre traffic.

Back