George Square

Rangers Bear

Not only are there no benches

( reported by the Sun , that the club were instrumental in having them removed)

I see there is fencing currently being erected, through the webcam.

No well wishes from GCC , only contempt for the club.

I don't have any social media, has there been an unofficial gathering at GS been announced, or is the actions purely preemptive by GCC?

2022-05-18-10-07-18.jpg

George Square is a terrible landmark anyway. Foreigners must think ‘THIS is the main square?!’

It has no romance or charm.

Look at Halifax’s main square:
the_piece_hall_paulwhitephotography_03_700.jpg

If a town in Yorkshire can have a lovely Italianate square then why can’t Scotland’s biggest city?

I'm just laughing that they think that fencing will be an adequate form of restraint for such a situation, should we win. We had koala bears scaling monuments in Manchester :D :D

I'm not even surprised at this behaviour from them. Anyway, let's go win this :D

I look at it as a good thing. Doesn't matter what happened last week or last year, it was fans celebrating. The disparity was in how it was reported. These measures mean we can party there and not worry about self policing ourselves for the occasion halfwit that every large crowd has, especially when alchol is involved.

Forget the noise, enjoy the day, celebrate tonight, Glasgow is our city and its going to see a party.

That’s a trap btw. Those fences couldn’t keep a school kid out. Set up to show fencing lying on the ground the next day.

As for fencing round that bare grass bit, that shows this for what it is. Utterly ridiculous.

Wherever you go bears don’t fall into that trap. Don’t go to George square.

Go down the merchant city and show how it’s done compared to that mob on Saturday.

I’ll be heading to Ibrox
That's what I was wondering, weather is to be nice tonight too, will there be a large gathering around the stadium

I had seen some comments that some families that can't attend bars were thinking of meeting around Ibrox, to give the kids an experience.

That’s a trap btw. Those fences couldn’t keep a school kid out. Set up to show fencing lying on the ground the next day.

As for fencing round that bare grass bit, that shows this for what it is. Utterly ridiculous.

Wherever you go bears don’t fall into that trap. Don’t go to George square.

Go down the merchant city and show how it’s done compared to that mob on Saturday.

Why do people need to overturn fences anyway ?

Just leave that well alone.

Mass congregations in city centres should be off limits IMO. We and they both have stadiums

I think a gathering at George Square is more likely on Saturday after the Scottish Cup final. Was an open topped bus mentioned at some point, unlikely as that may be?

I'm kinda missing what we're raging about here. The council are taking steps to minimise damage to the square in the event we get the right result and want to have a big party. They don't want folk climbing on the monument, inadvertently damaging the grass or accidentally breaking aging benches, so they've taken proportionate action.

Seems sensible to me.

George Square is a terrible landmark anyway. Foreigners must think ‘THIS is the main square?!’

If a town in Yorkshire can have a lovely Italianate square then why can’t Scotland’s biggest city?
Like a prison.

Usually, local dignitaries and politicians wish a club or individual well when competing in a prestigious sporting event. The silence from GCC says it all. Its embarrassing, tbh.
This absolutely bheggars belief!

I'm not from Glasgow. I'm from the NE originally.

I had NO IDEA about the level of bias and corruption our Club has to deal with from GCC.

True. Halifax is depressing but The Piece Hall is an astonishing building and the folk are, in the main, good folk.

I was on the Preston to Leeds train yesterday.

Was quite amusing how the brooding Yorkshire couple opposite were commenting on what a dump Blackburn, Accrington, Burnley etc were passing through, before finally arriving at ‘home sweet home’ Halifax

We win tonight and thousands will be on the streets and George square will be resplendent in red, white and blue.

Yes, plenty of history there. Incidentally where is the cenotaph to Halifax’s fallen ?

Not only are there no benches

( reported by the Sun , that the club were instrumental in having them removed)

I see there is fencing currently being erected, through the webcam.

No well wishes from GCC , only contempt for the club.

I don't have any social media, has there been an unofficial gathering at GS been announced, or is the actions purely preemptive by GCC?
This is probably going to be a tad controversial but WHEN WE WIN, I honestly do not think that we as a support should go to George square as that's what they are not only expecting our support to do but its what they actually want us and are desperate for us to do.

Aitken and her Rangers hating SNP councillors will already have written a pre-prepared statements condemning our fans behaviour at George square so...don't give them this satisfaction. Lets just stay in our pubs and supporters clubs and if we take to the streets let's go to Bridgeton or outside Ibrox and have a party there!

Last edited:
This absolutely bheggars belief!

I'm not from Glasgow. I'm from the NE originally.

I had NO IDEA about the level of bias and corruption our Club has to deal with from GCC.
Welcome to SNP West of Scotland in the 21st Century.

Back