Match Thread Eintracht Frankfurt v Rangers - 20:00 Wednesday - BT Sport

I honestly can't see us scoring against Frankfurt. The have a very strong back line and I think the best we can hope for is ET then pens.

Lets face it, our biggest 'achilles heel' is McGregor who seems never to come off his line.

I so, so so hope I'm very wrong in my prediction though and all this build up has my nerves shattered !!!

God Bless The Queens Eleven!

Sitting at work clock watching. Can't concentrate on anything. Roll on 6 o clock to get a pint and settled in the pub to watch our Rangers lift the Europa Cup. Come on Rangers

I honestly can't see us scoring against Frankfurt. The have a very strong back line and I think the best we can hope for is ET then pens.

Lets face it, our biggest 'achilles heel' is McGregor who seems never to come off his line.

I so, so so hope I'm very wrong in my prediction though and all this build up has my nerves shattered !!!

Frankfurt have kept 2 clean sheets in 12 Euro games and have their first choice CB out

They gift teams chances by playing a high defensive line

I think we will score

There is logic to what you say….but this Rangers team continue to surprise us. There will be goals at both ends tonight.

after your comments about Gio in April, among some of your other negative posts, I'll ignore your rantings. In case anyone hasnt seen it :)

GvB does not have enough ubiquity and seems a man out of ideas at times.

Last edited:

Look at the number of goals Frankfurt have conceded this season, I'd be very surprised if they kept a clean sheet tonight.

We scored 3 against Leipzig without a striker. We’ll have a striker tonight on the bench at least.

A wee story to compare - take it or leave it.

In 1992 I saw Hamilton Accies in their first cup final of my lifetime, of any note - albeit it was only the Challenge Cup, then called the B&Q Cup, in only its second year.

A few of us hit the pubs in Motherwell, before the final at Fir Park. One of our group, not an Accies fan, just a sympathiser, couldn’t work out the anxiety in the atmosphere among us. Then it dawned on him: “you think you’re going to win!”

And we did. I recall the tense, nervous excitement. It was born of a belief that we had a genuine chance of winning, but the flip side that we were scared of losing. That’s my sense of where Rangers fans are now - believing you can win, scared you could lose.

Accies beat Ayr 1-0 and lifted the trophy.

lol away you go. Go watch highlights of their last few games and their defence has been all over the place, plus they are missing their main defender. Try harder.

We also have the top scorer in the competition.

I bet you are fun at parties.

A Frankfurt team that have conceded 12 more goals than RB Leipzig in the Bundesliga this season.

McGregor is still one of the best shot-stoppers in the game. His weakness is from crosses and they should try and exploit that but hopefully Tav and Borna will keep their wide players on the defensive for the majority of the match.

I get it, we're all nervous but this is a 50/50. We're in good form, our players and management are confident and we've beaten better teams than Frankfurt on our way to the final. It'll be tough but we're more than capable of winning this.

Might be best not to watch then, just log in for final score

Whatever happens, this team will give us everything. There's no question of hunger or desire or any of that. The teams are fairly closely matched - I think we're just a bit better - so it'll come down to whoever wants it more.

I think we will want it more.

Mate they're a good team but given their record, scoring goals against them isn't the issue, it's about keeping them out. Pull yourself together

They're literally missing their first choice CB though

How confident would we be if Morelos was fit and playing?

Of course we still have an unbelievable chance, if the wee man was in the lineup I would fancy us strongly though.

I’m hoping all the players play at their highest level and wont let this chance pass them by. Hoping that Kent is on fire and terrorises their defence, with there main CB out we will have chances, we have to take them just like against Leipzig.

A wee story to compare - take it or leave it.

In 1992 I saw Hamilton Accies in their first cup final of my lifetime, of any note - albeit it was only the Challenge Cup, then called the B&Q Cup, in only its second year.

A few of us hit the pubs in Motherwell, before the final at Fir Park. One of our group, not an Accies fan, just a sympathiser, couldn’t work out the anxiety in the atmosphere among us. Then it dawned on him: “you think you’re going to win!”

And we did. I recall the tense, nervous excitement. It was born of a belief that we had a genuine chance of winning, but the flip side that we were scared of losing. That’s my sense of where Rangers fans are now - believing you can win, scared you could lose.

Accies beat Ayr 1-0 and lifted the trophy.
Remember it. Was there behind the goals, a Colin Harris free kick?

What a weak mentality you have, go sink a can and try enjoy the day.

My local radio station played the Belinda Carlyle song at 11.50 this morning.

Is that the time in minutes of a Lundstram thunderbolt goal tonight??

Relax ya banger

I believe we can score tonight, they have conceded a lot of goals domestically and they have conceded in a lot games in the Europa League. We just need to be strong defensively and concentrated, if we do that then we win tonight.

The thing that gives me a bit of confidence for tonight is the confidence of the players and how relaxed they looked yesterday.

Then that confidence starts to worry me and I panic and think I am getting over confident. Aaaarrrrgggghhhhhhh.

Wife woke up the bairn blasting Belinda Carlisle this morning. He has the tunes on to make him eat breakfast faster.

I’ve decided to do a 10-4 shift cos work is shit and I have flexi.

Then it’s me, my boy, Dad and Uncle heading to the club to watch us make history.

Enjoy your day lads and lasses :)

And remember that if you've fixed your start time as 8 am then you can use assumed consent to finish early.

Sweet Jesus.

I have never read a post of such shitbaggery before a huge game like this!

Best watch it from behind the sofa mate.

Isnt Hinterreger missing from the game tonight?

Back