George Square

George Square is a terrible landmark anyway. Foreigners must think ‘THIS is the main square?!’

It has no romance or charm.

Look at Halifax’s main square:
the_piece_hall_paulwhitephotography_03_700.jpg

If a town in Yorkshire can have a lovely Italianate square then why can’t Scotland’s biggest city?

Halifax is a hole. I live fairly close

The picture you posted is beautiful though.

Glasgow Celtc Council allowed a celtc fan zone in George Sq in 2016 before a champions league (embarrassment) game.

I wonder how all that came about?

The atrocious behaviour from them on Saturday was 100 times worse than our celebrations last year, yet it’s described as a ‘party’.

Everyone of us should write to our MPs if the same happens after tonight. The bias and lies are off the scale with this.

Anyone saying "don't go to George Square" are clearly not considering that pubs in the city will be full of bears, if we win it will be jumping, no ifs or buts!
I am considering that but, I'm also suggesting that we don't give Aitken and Co what they want. They've put up fences that they know can easily be pulled down as they are desperate for our support to do this. They are basically goading the younger dafties full of booze to do something that can be blown out of proportion.

I'm sorry, but for me, it makes no sense to give this Rangers hating council what they want.

The headlines tomorrow have to be about our win tonight and not about our support in the Square.

I honestly think the support that will be in town should instead head to Ibrox and (or) Bridgetown,PRW and party there in the street.

Last edited:
This is probably going to be a tad controversial but WHEN WE WIN, I honestly do not think that we as a support should go to George square as that's what they are not only expecting our support to do but its what they actually want us and are desperate for us to do.

Aitken and her Rangers hating SNP councillors will already have written a pre-prepared statements condemning our fans behaviour at George square so...don't give them this satisfaction. Lets just stay in our pubs and supporters clubs and if we take to the streets let's go to Bridgeton or outside Ibrox and have a party there!
That is a bold statement my friend.

Sicken the bastards by not going. Gather at Glasgow cross and cause traffic mayhem instead. Or outside theatres to stop performances.

Not only are there no benches

( reported by the Sun , that the club were instrumental in having them removed)

I see there is fencing currently being erected, through the webcam.

No well wishes from GCC , only contempt for the club.

I don't have any social media, has there been an unofficial gathering at GS been announced, or is the actions purely preemptive by GCC?
No well wishes from GCC

Not likely after the SNP formed a pact with the Scottish Greens - let's see if the greens urge Ms Sturgeon to get the rubbish cleaned up in her own constituency.

SNP / Scottish Greens - 2 cheeks of the same erse.

Last edited:
Have they released the figures for the clean up yet after that mob left the Trongate an even bigger shithole than it was before?
Probably not. They are waiting to see if our fans cause damage then they will add the scums damage to it and blame Rangers fans for it. Scum.

Meet in George Square post match if victorious then a 2h 57 Min trek through the City to Paisley International Airport Flutes & Drums at owners discretion
Alternatively coach from Buchannan st Bus Station direct to the Airport

Doubt profits first /bus even does a night service anymore .

Not only are there no benches

( reported by the Sun , that the club were instrumental in having them removed)

I see there is fencing currently being erected, through the webcam.

No well wishes from GCC , only contempt for the club.

I don't have any social media, has there been an unofficial gathering at GS been announced, or is the actions purely preemptive by GCC?
No well wishes from GCC

SNP group leader Susan Aitken said: "It's clear that the SNP and Greens have much common ground and have agreed in recent years on how best to meet major challenges affecting Glaswegians."

Oh feck

RIP Glasgow

This is why I said earlier in the thread don't go to the Square. He is so desperate for our fans to for something and will co-ordinate the officers to cause bother and to antagonise the support and younger members of of our supporters.

Tonight, dont give the Rangers hating scum what they want and get yourselves nicked as they will nick our fans for anything.

Let's all stay away from the Square and head to friendlier Rangers areas and party in the streets there such as Ibrox, Duke St, Bridgeton PRW....let's just keep the headlines about our win and amazing team

Last edited:
Just having another look at George Square webcam, looks like everything has now been fenced off bar the main concourse.

One of the guys I work with is just back from his lunch and was down there, he said they were taking it all back down.

Could be talking a lot of shìte mind you.

The sought after square in Halifax hasn’t got one. The derided George Square has one of the finest in the world. Not all about aesthetics.
Ah ok. Didn’t get it but understand now. The Halifax memorial isn’t far away though and in a pretty good location. Nothing like as impressive as ours but then the Glasgow Council have permitted George Square to deteriorate dreadfully haven’t they?

For clarity, GCC want to keep us out of GS this afternoon and tonight, am I interpreting this correctly ?
After the scums behaviour at the weekend, they are desperate for our supporters to go to George square and pull down any barriers as they want anything our fans do to be magnified to a bigger issue than it really is.

We should stay away from them and not get them what they are so desperate for us to do.

Ah ok. Didn’t get it but understand now. The Halifax memorial isn’t far away though and in a pretty good location. Nothing like as impressive as ours but then the Glasgow Council have permitted George Square to deteriorate dreadfully haven’t they?
Yes they have and series of Planning disasters have taken away the eloquence I remember the Square to have in years gone by.

No well wishes from GCC

SNP group leader Susan Aitken said: "It's clear that the SNP and Greens have much common ground and have agreed in recent years on how best to meet major challenges affecting Glaswegians."

Oh feck

RIP Glasgow
GCC have to be some kind of hateful bigots not to wish Rangers good luck.
Honestly, who votes for these bams?

They have cordoned off the grass? If indeed george square ends up as party central tonight then those fences round the grass will cause some about of bother.. bottlenecks and potential for crushing id imagine?

Have they came out and stated why they are doing this?
(I already know the answer of course).

Those Heras fences better not fall on anyone. There could be some amount of claims going into GCC due to dangerous temporary fencing.
They might need to mortgage some more buildings.

George Square is a terrible landmark anyway. Foreigners must think ‘THIS is the main square?!’

If a town in Yorkshire can have a lovely Italianate square then why can’t Scotland’s biggest city?
That square is pish compared to ours, we have a Greggs a Wetherspoons and a train station on our square and not to forget the flower beds.

Halifax jeesiepeeps
My late wife and I used to visit her brother all the time when he lived in Edinburgh
When he moved to Halifax we went to see him once in all the years he lived there
It’s a hole

Back