How do you get over it

madride

I’m a nightmare at the best of times, wake up during the night thinking of chances if we drop points to Motherwell etc. but last night was a sore one and it’ll hurt for a long time. Just a case of manning up and being proud of what we achieved? Cause that’s not working at the moment.

Cup final on Saturday is probably the best thing that could happen or it would be a long summer ahead. Still devastated, what a chance we had

going to absorb myself in a masonic degree i need to learn sharpish, concentrate on the boxing and try to find somewhere reliable to shop for a new pc.

Next 3/4 weeks decided, getting sick of looking at motherboards already though etc

You just have to be philosophical about it.

As recent events in the world prove, there's worse things in life than losing a football match.

Hopefully most still have their health and their family.

You'll still wake up a Rangers fan, and we'll go again next year.

Having the Scottish Cup final is massive for us. A chance to gather round mates again, have a wee pint, head to Hampden and support our players (who will be desperately needing it) to what will hopefully be a trophy win. A trophy we haven't won in well over a decade. It won't stop the hurt of last night, but seeing this squad of players lift a major domestic honour before the summer will be a boost for us all.

Not winning on Saturday, well, that doesn't bare thinking about.

Last edited:
I felt our cup final was the semi final if that makes sense.

For the second time in a final that Ive seen, we froze a bit and had no luck on the day. The chance to lift the silverware last night was the Kent chance and 9 out of 10 times its a goal. Very cruel but we move on.

This new crop of youngsters for me are the future and if we could mould a team with academy players they will develop the bottle required supplemented with top pro's.

One thing I am fed up with is loan players old and new as Ive yet to see one work for us. They all come in thinking it easy and end up struggling with the pressure.

In years to come we are going to look back in this journey with a lot of pride and some fantastic memories.it’ll hurt this next couple of days but we’ll all be up for it come kick off on Saturday and if we win the cup it’ll make us all feel a little bit better.

We take it on the chin and we move on.

I'm absolutely gutted at the moment, as are many. But we come through hard times. That's just what we do. We move on to more successes, more journeys and more stories. If we ever need a good example of that, you only need to look back 10 years.

We always come through these times as a collective.

Or alternatively, some go onto forums to criticise and blame each other.

Feel pretty low but in reality I thought I’d feel worse today, probably because my main takeaway is immense pride in the team and our massive support, carrying themselves brilliantly on the world stage.

This is Rangers, these things happen, we were in a European final which was settled by very fine margins. That’s life at a big club, we can’t dwell on it and there’s no point in dwelling on it. We have a cup final on sat and then will be seeded in Champs league qualifying. The finance from the run will help us invest and Gio can shape his own team, the future is bright.

Feel genuinely depressed. It will take a long time to get over. Keep having flashbacks to the Kent miss/save. Keep thinking that for all our great run we just did not turn up on the night. We will never have a better chance of winning another European trophy given the opposition we faced in the final. Also cant get my head round what happened to our support at the game. The 12th man so often on our glorious run and yet went quiet last night when the team need inspiration.
Saturday might be a small pick me up but this hurt ain't going away anytime soon.

I’m a nightmare at the best of times, wake up during the night thinking of chances if we drop points to Motherwell etc. but last night was a sore one and it’ll hurt for a long time. Just a case of manning up and being proud of what we achieved? Cause that’s not working at the moment.

Cup final on Saturday is probably the best thing that could happen or it would be a long summer ahead. Still devastated, what a chance we had
I'll be over it after we win the Scottish and only because my take is the players gave everything through our Euro run and Gio has done tremendous to get us to the the final.

Won't dwell on it .. we had chances to win it we didn't take them won't watch the game again we move on . Rebuild ein our title back n watch celtic destroy the coefficient we built up

Don’t drink or drugs etc head up everyone. The players have done me proud what a bloody journey and we felt short on a coin toss.

I’m gutted, moping around doing bugger all this morning. Going to get myself out for a game of golf this afternoon to hopefully clear the head.

The SC final at the weekend should take the edge of things, assuming we win, but last night is going to sting for a while. Really fear that’s the last chance of European glory many of us will see in our lifetimes.

Housework lol

Life goes on mate. I know it sounds simplistic but you gain nothing from living in the past.

It hurts right now of course it does.

But if you were offered our journey at the start of the season you'd bite the hand off.

An incredible achievement to get to the final. We can be so very proud of that.

Yes, we fell at the final hurdle and that hurts like hell. But we only lost on the lottery that is penalties to a team who had knocked out Barca and West Ham. And that doesn't even take into account the massive teams that we knocked out ourselves.

Once the hangover has gone we dust ourselves down and move on to Saturday.

Incredibly proud of our team.

Realising that worse has happened in the last year, personally and for Rangers as a whole.

Enjoy the memories, and move onto the next season.

Will hurt for a few days but we have another big final coming up on Saturday so we have something to focus on. Had last night been the last game of the season then it would hurt for a while.

Need to get up and move about. I eyed up my pit after dropping my lad at school but decided against it.

I avoided the radio etc until around 15mins ago but I've turned on TalkSport and I'm just sucking it up.

We all deal with things differently though so fair play in whatever you do.

My advice would be to get up, get something to eat and stick on some form of media and listen.

It's still pish mind you.

We need to somehow win the cup on Saturday , then with hindsight we’ll look back with absolute affection on this season’s European exploits & a touch of what might have been.

I don't think you ever get over something like that - you just move on eventually.

I replayed that Kent chance all night in my dreams, he even stuck it away quite a few times in them.

My daughters help massively.
Almost right after the last kick my oldest came down because she needed the toilet, distracted me straight away, took her back to bed, kissed her goodnight and thanked god I’m so lucky to have 2 amazing little girls.

Scottish Cup, CL qualification and good player trading summer with a few of the youth featuring in the pre-season heavily. (Not asking for much :)):)))

Back