So how much did we net $ wise on the EC run?

I now what we missed out on but any rough idea what we pulled in this season?

It sound like not a lot and that the big pot is at the end but good to know what went into the account.

If true, surely the need to sell players to help balance the books is a non-starter?
We were heading for break even or a small profit after getting out the group stage

With all the extra rounds ,crazy merchandise sales and all the rest
I'm expecting a record turnover and a record profit

I had a thread about this a while back
I'm sure some of the financial folk on here might know ,but I'm sure our record turnover was £60 million or so during the Manchester run ,so that will be well beaten
Not sure what our record profit has been though ??

Last edited:
If true, surely the need to sell players to help balance the books is a non-starter?
Players in the last year of their contracts that walk for free next summer should be sold in the next few months - don’t care who they are.

We cannot afford any more Goldson’s.

It’s also a major reason why Celtic won the league, their rebuild was financed off 2 big sales.

Just to clear this up, was Robertson referring to the £13m clubs get when first entering the Champions League?

It sounded like that rather than the end total of £40m when I read it.

Add this to the £12m for Patterson and circa £5m for Gerrard’s team, why do we not seem to have any money?

Maybe I’ll be proven wrong in the summer but I doubt it.

Players in the last year of their contracts that walk for free next summer should be sold in the next few months - don’t care who they are.

It’s also a major reason why Celtic won the league, their rebuild was financed off 2 big sales.
The major reason they won the league was because they managed to interfere in the fixture list at a vital moment in the season and avoided a match they were shyte scared of having to face because they knew they would lose it.

Is there any other league in the world where a club can be so manipulative regarding such a fundamental thing as the pre-agreed fixture list?

Last edited:
We need to sell players for trading up purposes.

Goldson situation shows we cant hope players will sign an extension in their last year and diminish any value for us

If Morelos, Kent or Aribo walk away for free next summer after Goldson this year then questions 100% need to be asked about the board and Wilson.

I'd imagine we'll make at the very least one big sale this summer as well so could be looking at upwards of £70m in extra income combined from Europa, Patterson/Garrard and what we bring in this summer in the market.

Also we are guaranteed at the very least money from the Europa league group stages and if we make it to the UCL play-off round a £5m parachute payment kicks in the worst case scenario.

The Ashley thing looks over as well so no more having to budget for more court nonsense either and we should have a clear indication of what can be spent on players to a certain degree.

Absolutely no need to be shopping in the bargain bins this summer now and while we can't go crazy and spend silly money we definitely should be looking at £15-20m for the manager to rebuild while making a healthy profit.

What do you mean we do not seem to have any money?
This seems to be a thing that gets tossed around in here and other places, OK fair enough we are not man City, but we have a good run in Europe along with decent Season Ticket sales, so I don't see how we can be total skint like some say. I could be wrong as I'm not a financial wizard and I stand corrected if I'm wrong, but selling ST and runs in Europe must surely bring in a decent chunk of cash.

To spend on signings I mean, not in an ill Phil sense.
Because we ran up a huge loss during the Covid period and it wasn’t financed with magic beans. We spent a lot of money to get the club back to where it is and that was never met by what we brought in. I think we’ll now be in a healthy place financially but if you think we’ll go out and spend big without selling you’re living in cloud cuckoo land.

I'd imagine we'll make at the very least one big sale this summer as well so could be looking at upwards of £70m in extra income combined from Europa, Patterson/Garrard and what we bring in this summer in the market.

Also we are guaranteed at the very least money from the Europa league group stages and if we make it to the UCL play-off round a £5m parachute payment kicks in the worst case scenario.

The Ashley thing looks over as well so no more having to budget for more court nonsense either and we should have a clear indication of what can be spent on players to a certain degree.

Absolutely no need to be shopping in the bargain bins this summer now and while we can't go crazy and spend silly money we definitely should be looking at £15-20m for the manager to rebuild while making a healthy profit.
I agree with most of that
We are making a right big profit this year and with group stage football in whatever tournament guaranteed for the foreseeable future ,I'd be expecting in the region £15/20 to be invested along with some decent free transfers .

Another awful post about money. I preferred when the club and the fans counted silverware ffs
Don't see anything wrong with the OP having an interest in our earnings through a very successful and rare European run. You do realise its all relative? The more money we can bring into the club, the more money we can spend on squad improvement, which in turn makes winning silverware more attainable.

This seems to be a thing that gets tossed around in here and other places, OK fair enough we are not man City, but we have a good run in Europe along with decent Season Ticket sales, so I don't see how we can be total skint like some say. I could be wrong as I'm not a financial wizard and I stand corrected if I'm wrong, but selling ST and runs in Europe must surely bring in a decent chunk of cash.
Our season ticket income doesn’t even cover our wage bill.

Another awful post about money. I preferred when the club and the fans counted silverware ffs
Given we just lost a European Final last night, what exactly do you want us to be counting just now?

The money earned is a consolation prize compared to a European honour, but it's an important consolation prize in terms of our ability to win silverwear next season.

Think some of the sums on here may be a little up in the clouds, but conservatively it still looks like being around the £20m mark.

We do still have a £24m loss to contend with remember, but some decent trading this summer should hopefully see us at the very least more or less break even in the next set of accounts.

The major reason won the league was because they managed to interfere in the fixture list at a vital moment in the season and avoided a match they were shyte scared of having to face because they knew they would lose it.

Is there any other league in the world where a club can be so manipulative regarding such a fundamental thing as the pre-agreed fixture list?
No excuses for dropping points against County, Aberdeen, Dundee United and Motherwell post winter break. We had the same time off as them.

We were in front in 3 of those games as well then chucked it away. That's on us.

No excuses for dropping points against County, Aberdeen, Dundee United and Motherwell post winter break. We had the same time off as them.

We were in front in 3 of those games as well then chucked it away. That's on us.
The fixture list is agreed upon before the season starts.
It is arranged around the international breaks in nearly every major league in the world.
Had we played the games against The Filth and Aberdeen as they had been arranged, we would have been going into them on form and on a run of wins whilst both of these clubs were struggling and in The Filth's case, they had major problems with their squad.

Had we won both these games, it would have meant a difference of five points to us and given us a nine point lead over them and indeed for The Filth it may have altered their entire approach to the winter break and their spending as they may have decided that it was the wrong time to spend chasing a league that was looking beyond them.

In the end, we would lose two points to Aberdeen and The Filth would have their re=arranged game under the floodlights at their stadium in a midweek fixture, always a huge advantage for either of the Glasgow clubs.

Make no mistake the biggest factor in their league win was their desperate success in avoiding a crucial fixture that they were dreading.
This was an exact replication of their devious manipulations in 2008 that saw them steal another title.

I see we get 5M euros if we get put out in the CL play off round. Vital we win the 3rd round qualifier then get at least 5m then the Europa league group money all over again

Prize Money, Coefficient Payment, and TV Pool Money looking at around £21,000,000

9 Home games, 450k tickets sold, say £35 average per ticket that's another £15,750,000

So £36,750,000 Net.

To put that into perspective, if we make the Champions League group stages, because we would split the market pool between us and Celtic, it takes around £7-8m from each club, so we would net around £30,000,000.

Back