Your Journey To Seville And Back

Bus Belfast- Dublin, flew Dublin -Paris then Paris -Faro . Stayed Faro on Tuesday night then people carrier to Seville on Wednesday, arrived about 3.30.
Arrived back in Faro about 4am Thursday morning , then fly Faro-Dublin then bus back to Belfast .
Travelling all went to plan with no delays only hiccup was getting lost on way back from stadium to Hercules square for lift back to Faro…. thank fook for Google maps.
Simpler times tomorrow 7.30 boat then bus to Hampden.

Still in malaga leave tomorrow morning to leeds. Coming over went to Poland first, straight back tomorrow thank god

Left Calgary at 9:50am (local time) on Tuesday morning and flew to Toronto. Flew from Toronto to Lisbon, then Lisbon to Seville, arriving at 9:30am (local time again), on the day of the game.

Left Seville not long after the final whistle and got a lift to Faro airport. Flew from Faro to London, London to Toronto and Toronto back to Calgary for 9pm Thursday night.

If I'd more time to prepare, I would have given myself more time in Seville but I got there which was the main thing.

Monday night - Drove from Dundee to Glasgow Airport - Flight to Paris

Night in a shitty airport hotel in Paris

Tuesday Morning flight from Paris to Seville.

Taxi from the Airport to hotel in Seville.

Taxi from hotel to Airport yesterday.

Direct to Glasgow then drove back up the road to Dundee.

Couple of delays on flights but neither more than an hour. Ended up being one of the most straightforward journeys out of most people I know that were there.

Also I used Bolt for taxis the whole trip, seemed like the Germans and all of our support clearly weren't using it as I was getting taxis within five minutes.

Took a guy and his dad in my taxi to the airport as they were waiting on a local one the hotel had phoned for them and had been sitting in reception for 40 minutes whilst mine booked on Bolt was there in five.

Sunday afternoon - drove Edinburgh > Newcastle
Sunday night - fly Newcastle > Faro
Monday - worked in Faro (did manage couple of beers at lunch)
Monday night - out in Faro which ended up in a rather large night
Tuesday - worked in Faro with a raging hangover!
Tuesday late afternoon - bus Faro > Seville
Tuesday night - beers in Seville
Wednesday - tremendous day from start to finish
Thursday morning - bus Seville > Faro
Thursday afternoon - fly Faro > Dublin
Thursday night - fly Dublin > Newcastle

Arrive back to car to a puncture so phone the AA who change it before driving back to Edinburgh

In the door at 2:00 am working at 8:30 am

Apart from a 30 minute delay leaving Faro which had me stressing about our Newcastle connection was pretty straightforward. Although the puncture neatly finished me!

Portadown - Dublin - Faro - Albufeira - Faro - Seville - Faro - Dublin - Portadown

bank acc empty

still not over those penalties yet

WATP

Glasgow - Tenerife South
Tenerife North - Malaga
Malaga - Naples

Currently on the tarmac waiting to board Naples flight home to Glasgow (which is 3hrs delayed and counting…..

Already had trip booked to Italy was actually due to fly home from Venice when the game was on. :oops:

Sunday flight - Glasgow to Venice
Train - Venice to Verona

Wed Train - Verona to Bologna
Flight - Bologna to Seville

Thurs Bus - Seville to Albufeira
Taxi - Albufeira to Faro Airport
Flight - Faro to Lisbon
Flight - Lisbon to Gatwick
Train - Euston to Glasgow

Monday night - Fly to Gatwick

Tuesday Morning - Fly to Barcelona
Tuesday 12:00 - Train to Seville

Thursday 9:00 - Train to Barcelona
Thursday 20:20 - Cancelled flight to Gatwick
Thursday 21:40 - Re-arranged flight to Luton
Thursday 23:00 - 30 min bus and 2 hour train to Gatwick

Friday 8:20 - Fly back to Glasgow

Drove to Manchester. Manchester - Milan - Malaga - bus to Seville. Then bud to Malaga. Malaga - Manchester then drove home

C London - Gatwick
Gatwick - Seville
Seville - Gatwick
Gatwick - C London

Much smoother than some others, no delays at all :))

Edinburgh - Toulouse on Monday afternoon

Toulouse - Seville on Tuesday morning

Train from Seville to Madrid yesterday morning.
Plane to Porto
Plane to Edinburgh, delayed for two hours
In at 2am, done in.

Drive Motherwell to Birmingham (4 and a bit hours) Saturday
Birmingham to Faro - Sunday
Faro to Albuferia
Southside Chosen Few supporters bus 2 and a bit hours to Seville.

Been a cracking trip but the bus back to Portugal from Seville was horrible don’t think anyone spoke the full time :( everyone was gutted.

Fly home tomorrow then drive back from Birmingham should get home about 8pm

We booked a 3 day package holiday to Faro from Newcastle after the quarter final and had a good contact for transfers.

Result and lack of fluids inside the stadium aside, we had a great trip.

Still here.

Four and half hour drive south to fly out East Midlands to Malaga a week ago tomorrow, and home again on Sunday.

Staying in Torimolinos, we got lucky with a lift in and out of Seville for the game with some fellow bears who had hired a minibus.

A crushing anticlimax to our holiday on Wednesday truth be told. Doing our best to soften the blow with the all inclusive bar ever since.

Drove from Glasgow to Stansted last Friday and stayed in a travelodge, flew early next morning to Faro, 90 minute transfer to Albufeira as our hotel was last drop off, left for Seville in a private transfer at 11am and got there around 2:30-pm

Left Seville around 0030 local time and were back in the hotel for 2:20am In albufeira

Left Albufeira this morning and flew back to Stansted, landed at 1530, picked up the car and got home 30 mins ago, wife and 2 kids never moaned once!

On the road up the M1 we passed 2 parks coaches and around 5 campervans full of bears, fair play to them, sounds gruelling!

After the Braga match I rushed to buy a return flight for my daughter and I and got it pretty cheap. Glasgow Prestwick to Palma, Majorca to Seville. If we didn't reach the final I would have maybe still went for a long weekend or move the dates to June.
Once we reached the final and the shit got real, I decided to kill 2 birds with the 1 stone. I already had the Seville flights which were going to be like gold dust and I found a 3 star B&B hotel in S'Arenal for 11 nights. All in it cost me less than £500 each.

As for the final itself. I cannot remember getting up with so much zest it was virtually like waking up for Christmas as a kid.
Breakfast at 9 then 30 minute local Bus to Palma Airport. Landed in Seville about 1600. Taxi to stadium to watch on screens. After the game we wandered about for about an hour not sure where to go. Some going that way, some going this way but many coming to where we are for their connection coaches. Decided to head one way and saw the river and a bridge in the distance. I thought if we get across there then we should get a taxi to the airport and sleep there and know we are at the right place and will get our flight in the morning. On our walk towards the bridge in the middle of nowhere I looked back and saw a taxi with his green light on. I said to my daughter to hurry and run across the road and flagged him down. I couldn't believe our luck. When we got across the river I soon realised that was everone's idea. The streets were paved with Rangers fans everywhere. Drunk, tired, gutted, every emotion you could think of and guess what...everyone was trying to flag a taxi down. I stopped and asked if anyone was going to airport and lad from Essex got in and was delighted. He hadn't slept in 3 days. Once we got back to Majorca yesterday it was sleep, sleep, sleep.

I am back to feeling normal now and will go down to the beach one more time and watch the Scottish Cup Final here in S'Arenal. I will go home on Sunday with no regrets and will look back with great fondness of my time here in Spain and of the whole European journey this season. Am I dissapointed we didn't lift the cup? Of course I am but there is nothing but pride in our club and we could never ever feel as low as we did when our club was on our knees being kicked from pillar to post. I am proud of our Club and supporters and this is just a blip. We brush ourselves down because as our Gallant Pioneers claimed...we are Ready.

No surrender.

Perth, Australia to Doha, Qatar
Doha, Qatar to Madrid, Spain
Train to and from Seville
Madrid, Spain to Doha, Qatar (where I’m currently sitting waiting on the flight to board which looks to be late)
Doha, Qatar to Perth, Australia

Drove 5 hours to East Midlands airport, flight to Palma then Madrid, train to Seville. Same again coming home except needed a connecting train in Cordoba between Seville and Madrid.

2.5 hour drive to Dublin
Flight to Lisbon
Bus to Albufeira
Taxi to Seville.

Left Albufeira at 9am yesterday and got home at 10pm last night. Shattered

Went with friends who did the driving.

Sunday

Drive from Glasgow to East Midland
Plane from East Midlands to Malaga

Tuesday collected rental car

Wednesday drove from Torremolinos to Seville then back after the match.

Friday

Drove to Alicante (4 hours)
Plane Alicante to East Midlands
Driving back to Glasgow as I type. Should be back by 4am.

lady's front bottom of a route but certainly not the worst but had to be back for the cup final tomorrow but also need to be in Greenock for my sons game tomorrow morning at 9am!!!

Northampton-Euston-Gatwick-Almeria-Malaga-Seville. Left at 2200 hours Monday and arrived 1900 Tuesday. Brutal, and the hour spent pissing around in Seville trying to find digs and a car park close to it near had me in tears of frustration.

Return started Thursday with the drive back to Almeria, direct this time, a night out in that absolute gem of a city, then a flight that was delayed from Almeria to Gatwick tonight at 2050. Landed 30 minutes ago, sat on a train to East Croydon where I am staying at a mates because the delayed flight made me miss the last train from Euston to Northampton. Will be up early and on a train to Northampton so that I can at least see the wife and wean before heading to the club for the final!

Some of the stories from this one are unreal. Amazing trip.

Booked on Sunday night.

Glasgow to Liverpool train. Liverpool to Alicante flight. Drove Alicante to Seville on the Tuesday. Drove Seville to Alicante on Thursday. Had a long wait at the airport, flight was delayed. Alicante to Gatwick flight then had to run for the train from Gatwick to Glasgow Central. Got home earlier today and haven't slept in about 36 hours.

The flight from Alicante to Gatwick was brutal as well. Turbulent from start to finish and a guy collapsed up the back of the plane mid flight. Think a couple of Rangers fans helped the stewardess actually - she seemed to panic a bit.

BTW the drive from Seville to Alicante is mainly a straight road for hundreds of miles but the standard of driving, %^*& me. Nearly witnessed 2/3 crashes with people just switching lanes without looking or lorries swaying from lane to lane.

Thursday 12th flew Glasgow to Malaga
staying in Torremolinos

Wednesday morning 8.30 pick up hire car and friends at Malaga airport
Drove to Seville, parked close to the centre of Nevion so we could see the stadium. looks good from the outside, obviously not the case on the in side from the awful stories reported.

Drove to the fanzone at Alameda de Hercules and got caught in amongst the fans walking through the narrow streets to la Cartuja stadium. What a laugh to see them cheer us in the car belting out tunes and waving our scarves. Its a memory that will stay with me for a lifetime.
Enjoyed an hour in the fanzone then drove to la Cartuja stadium. Glad we chose to do this as we would have had at least an hour walk back to the car park I’d booked the car into.

Back to Malaga airport to drop my friends off early hours of Thursday morning then back to my hotel in Torremolinos.

Trying to get some sleep before my flight home to Glasgow. Taxi to Malaga airport organised for 5.30 but still wide awake. Hopefully I’ll get some sleep on the plane as I’ll be heading to the cup final with my son this afternoon once I’ve picked him up from his flights, Malaga > London > Glasgow.

Still hurting about the outcome of the game but had a brilliant time with friends, family and the Rangers supporters.

Due to arrive in Glasgow @ 9.50

Sitting in the Maldron Hotel in Belfast thanks to Easyjet who hit us with a 3.5hr delay in Palma missing our connecting flight to Glasgow.

Paid a fortune to make sure we make it home for the cup final tomorrow.

In Luton holiday in was trying to book a flight home tomorrow there was 2 and reception was terrible in Lisbon airport landed and none now I’d you don’t laugh you’ll cry.

Another day on the sauce tomorrow and a bus back to Glasgow over night and back to home Sunday about just before noon and work on Monday

I know it’s horrendous.

And it ain’t even been cheap either.

Spent about 1600 and got donated about another 200.

Just please win tomorrow Rangers or I’ll be going for the London Bridge rather than the train station.

Taxi Bishopton to Glasgow Airport
Glasgow Airport to Heathrow
Tube Heathrow to Earls Court
District Line to Wimbledon.
Overnight stay in Wimbledon.
Train Wimbledon to Clapham
Train Clapham to Gatwick.
Flight Gatwick to Malaga.
Train Malaga to Cordoba
Stay in Cordoba 3 nights (By myself)
Train Cordoba to Seville
Taxi to mates hotel
Two beers.
Walk to Stadium
Walkback from Stadium
Night in Seville.
Taxi to Seville train station
Train to Santa Justa train station
Train from Santa Justa to Cordoba
Train from Cordoba to Madrid
Flight from Madrid to Gatwick
Train from Gatwick to Clapham
Train from Clapham to Wimbledon
Stay in Wimbledon two nights
Flight to Glasgow
Taxi Glasgow Airport to Bishopton.

All for one hour having two beers with my mates. They were sat together. I was alone in neutral section with German fans.

It will live with me forever
:)
Well done for managing to navigate all that mate. I was Glasgow-Newcastle-Faro-Albufeira-Seville with the same journey back. Seems quite straightforward compared to yours.

Taxi Bishopton to Glasgow Airport
Glasgow Airport to Heathrow
Tube Heathrow to Earls Court
District Line to Wimbledon.
Overnight stay in Wimbledon.
Train Wimbledon to Clapham
Train Clapham to Gatwick.
Flight Gatwick to Malaga.
Train Malaga to Cordoba
Stay in Cordoba 3 nights (By myself)
Train Cordoba to Seville
Taxi to mates hotel
Two beers.
Walk to Stadium
Walkback from Stadium
Night in Seville.
Taxi to Seville train station
Train to Santa Justa train station
Train from Santa Justa to Cordoba
Train from Cordoba to Madrid
Flight from Madrid to Gatwick
Train from Gatwick to Clapham
Train from Clapham to Wimbledon
Stay in Wimbledon two nights
Flight to Glasgow
Taxi Glasgow Airport to Bishopton.

All for one hour having two beers with my mates. They were sat together. I was alone in neutral section with German fans.

It will live with me forever
:)
Almost as bad as mine drive to Glasgow airport on Wednesday morning and fly to Seville, watch the game fly back to Glasgow drive back to Musselburgh and in my bed at 05.45am

Drove EK to Edinburgh Airport on Tuesday afternoon

Flew Edinburgh - Copenhagen - Malaga

Stayed in Benalmadena Tuesday - Friday

Drove 5 of us from Benalmadena to Seville and back day of the game. Left at 9am Wednesday, got home at 5am Thursday. 2.5 hour drive there, about 3/3.5 on the way back as I stopped a couple times.

Flew Malaga - Luton - Edinburgh then driving home.

Currently lying on a cold hard floor in Luton Airport at the beginning of a 7 hour stop-over!

its all about The Rangers!

Going : Edin - Bucharest - Seville - no dramas

Return- still ongoing Seville yesterday - Agadir , where I forgot to turn my mobiles data off £30 quid for 20 mins of not even using the damn thing. Back to Barcelona waiting for 10 am flight to Brussels then to Edinburgh. Back in Glasgow about 530 pm all going well.
I’m fkd lol

In Dublin just arrived off a flight from Faro,waiting on our last leg to Edinburgh 0640 dep.Bears everywhere.Need some kip desperately it’s been a long old haul.

Uddingston to Cardiff by car.
Cardiff to Faro.
Overnight in Faro.
Car hire, Faro to Seville.
Watch game at stadium where sellick got pumped.
Overnight in Seville.
Drive back to Faro.
Dropped off at hospital. Tore my Achilles.
Spent 6 and a half hours there. Told that I couldn’t fly as I had an ultrasound and they noticed DVT!!
Left hospital and got to Faro airport for my flight to Madrid. Midnight to 7:00am stopover.
Madrid to Lanzarote.
Lanzarote to Cardiff.
7 hour drive to Uddingston.
Now sitting in Hairmyres A&E waiting for someone looking at leg!!
Don’t know when I’ll get took.
Absolutely knackered.
Would I do it again…
Well hell yeah….
With my 2 sons and 2 mates.
It’s what Rangers fans do??!!
Am I going tomorrow…
Only if I get a ticket and out of Hairmyres A&E in time!!!!

Cardiff to Faro.
Overnight in Faro.
Overnight in Seville.
Drive back to Faro.
Spent 6 and a half hours there. Told that I couldn’t fly as I had an ultrasound and they noticed DVT!!
Left hospital and got to Faro airport for my flight to Madrid. Midnight to 7:00am stopover.
Madrid to Lanzarote.
Lanzarote to Cardiff.
Absolutely knackered.
Would I do it again…
Well hell yeah….
Am I going tomorrow…

Cardiff to Faro.
Overnight in Faro.
Overnight in Seville.
Drive back to Faro.
Madrid to Lanzarote.
Lanzarote to Cardiff.
Absolutely knackered.
Would I do it again…
Well hell yeah….
Am I going tomorrow…

Home now. Exhausted. Few hours then up and off for Scottish Cup hospitality

Feel like I’ve travelled the world. Twice.

Wednesday
Leave house 3am
Edinburgh to Barcelona
5 hour wait
Barcelona to Seville
Game

Thursday
Seville sightseeing

Friday
Seville to Bucharest (what was I thinking)
5 hour wait turned into 7 hours
Bucharest to Edinburgh
Home for 3am

Sleep

Saturday
Start again

Cardiff to Faro.
Overnight in Faro.
Overnight in Seville.
Drive back to Faro.
Madrid to Lanzarote.
Lanzarote to Cardiff.
Absolutely knackered.
Would I do it again…
Well hell yeah….
Am I going tomorrow…

Wednesday
Leave house 3am
Edinburgh to Barcelona
5 hour wait
Barcelona to Seville
Game

Thursday
Seville sightseeing

Friday
Bucharest to Edinburgh
Home for 3am

Sleep

Saturday
Start again

Wednesday
Leave house 3am
Edinburgh to Barcelona
5 hour wait
Barcelona to Seville
Game

Thursday
Seville sightseeing

Friday
Bucharest to Edinburgh
Home for 3am

Sleep

Saturday
Start again

We’re about 60 miles from Glasgow in the car. Left the digs at 3 yesterday morning, delayed 7 hours in Faro. Missed our connection Geneva. Then a fire at Geneva airport delayed the next flight to Manchester even more.

Absolutely fucking shattered!!!

Cardiff to Faro.
Overnight in Faro.
Overnight in Seville.
Drive back to Faro.
Madrid to Lanzarote.
Lanzarote to Cardiff.
Absolutely knackered.
Would I do it again…
Well hell yeah….
Am I going tomorrow…

Getting there - Glasgow to Dublin
Dublin to Lisbon 2 hour delay because of lazy ground crew at Dublin Airport.
Lisbon 2 hours late, met the other boys who's flight from Edinburgh to Lisbon arrived on time, thankfully they waited on us.

Hired 9 seater van for the eight of us to drive to Albufeira. Crashed the van before getting out of the airport car park, enormous scrape along whole of drivers side haha. Drove on regardless arriving in Albufeira at about 3am. Few hours kip in the world's seediest hotel then drove to Seville on the Wednesday morning with tunes blaring.

Getting back. Drove straight to Lisbon after game. Flew to Dublin. 6 hour wait for flight to Birmingham and then finally to Glasgow. Thankfully no delays and got back this morning.

Don't regret any of it as it was a brilliant experience and a great laugh, apart from the result.

Wednesday
Leave house 3am
Edinburgh to Barcelona
5 hour wait
Barcelona to Seville
Game

Thursday
Seville sightseeing

Friday
Bucharest to Edinburgh
Home for 3am

Sleep

Saturday
Start again

Cardiff to Faro.
Overnight in Faro.
Overnight in Seville.
Drive back to Faro.
Madrid to Lanzarote.
Lanzarote to Cardiff.
Absolutely knackered.
Would I do it again…
Well hell yeah….
Am I going tomorrow…

Glasgow to London City
London City to Heathrow via DLR, Circle line and express train. Overnight stay.
Heathrow to Madrid.
Madrid Attocha to Seville.

Same route home but two nights in Madrid as the price of flights dropped off a cliff waiting the extra day and thought we could bask in glory in Madrid an extra day. Flying to glasgow from Heathrow so no london cross city excitement.

Still in Madrid and will arrive in Glasgow at 8pm tomorrow - exhausted and heartbroken. Hoping to catch the second half of the cup final in London.

Doing all of this 5/6 day trip with a 10 year old has been really hard. Usually the wife helps with organising and thinking about him etc but been all me obviously. He’s been great though. Sad the trip and dream is over.

Back