Just in in the last half hour after leaving albuferia at 10-40 this morning
Heathrow is better been run by keystone cops
Nightmare delays cancellations
7 flight cancelled tonight in total

Follow follow though up in 4 hrs for the cup final

- Ticket confirmed early Sunday
- Booked flights
- Got COVID test
- Drove 10 hours from Florida to Kentucky to drop son off. Arrived at 3am EST.
- Up Monday at 5am EST for my 7:30am flight. Realized in all the madness I had booked flight for the wrong day.
- managed to get another flight at a cost of an extra $1500
- La Guardia to Newark transfer via Uber
- Connecting flight to DC delayed.
- United booked me on a new flight going direct from Newark to Madrid.
- Met some bears in New York…drank beer.
- Arrived 12pm in Madrid.
- Grabbed car and drove to Seville.
- Drove back to Madrid right after game. Horrific!!
- Madrid to Washington DC.
- Washington DC to Louisville to pick up car.
- 10 hour drive back to Florida.

Just got back about an hour ago. All worth it!!!!

A fairly straightforward and cheap journey for 8 of us, compared to some.

We drove down in 2 cars from the Glasgow area, to Liverpool Airport on Tuesday and flew to Faro, where we'd a great night out on the Tuesday night.

Checked out of our Faro hotel Wednesday morning, collected our minibus and I drove the 2hrs 15mins to Seville.

Parked up beside our apartment (which was about 15 minutes walk from the ground) by lunchtime Wednesday.

I drove us back to Faro early afternoon Thursday, we flew back into Liverpool late Thursday night and stayed at a hotel beside the airport.

Drove back up to Glasgow yesterday afternoon.

Total trip cost us £510 a head, plus €65 for our tickets through MyGers.
We took the gamble and booked the day before the RB Leipzig 2nd leg, with a cancellation option on our accommodation and minibus.

Hats off to the thousands of Bears that had gruelling journeys, with many having flight and transport both cancelled or delayed.

Last edited:
Get in at falkirk high at 11 this morning shattered doesn’t come close to explaining that journey home.
Being rough last Monday and doing Benidorm-almeria-almeria to Malaga on a bus was the worst journey of my life.

Heading to the airport now hoping to god there is no more problems.

EDIT: Bad start flight delayed 45 minutes.

Last edited:
Glasgow - Edinburgh - Bordeaux - Madrid - Seville.
Seville - Madrid - London - Glasgow.
From Tue AM to Fri PM.
3 flights. 6 trains. 9 taxis. 1 coach/bus.
2 subway/tFL.
80.000 steps - feet in bits!
3 hotels.
? knows how many beers/sangrias.

Brother did similar but we had to meet up in Madrid and London on 3 seperate occassions and did quite easily.
It went well, zero delays or rush to catch transport.
The layovers in places was the hard bit but seeing so many Bears on travels sure cheers you up.
What a trip!
Thank you Rangers, more of this please.

Last edited:
Monday night; Edinburgh to Birmingham - 6 hours in Birmingham.

Birmingham to Barcelona - 2 hours in Barcelona.

Barcelona to Malaga.

Malaga airport to Torremolinos - minutes.

Torremolinos to Seville - 2 hour taxi. Driver was the most aggressive driver I’ve ever seen.

Taxi back to Torremolinos at 3:30am.

Thursday morning; Picked up at 5am for taxi to airport.

Malaga to Barcelona - barely made the next flight.

Barcelona to Birmingham - 4 hour wait in Birmingham.

Flight to Glasgow delayed, then further delayed on the runway.

Got home at 12am on Friday and up for work at 6am.

Still cannot hear properly, voice shot and shattered but we’ve a cup final to win today so bar all the travelling, we go again.

Glasgow to London City
London City to Heathrow via DLR, Circle line and express train. Overnight stay.
Heathrow to Madrid.
Madrid Attocha to Seville.

Same route home but two nights in Madrid as the price of flights dropped off a cliff waiting the extra day and thought we could bask in glory in Madrid an extra day. Flying to glasgow from Heathrow so no london cross city excitement.

Still in Madrid and will arrive in Glasgow at 8pm tomorrow - exhausted and heartbroken. Hoping to catch the second half of the cup final in London.

Doing all of this 5/6 day trip with a 10 year old has been really hard. Usually the wife helps with organising and thinking about him etc but been all me obviously. He’s been great though. Sad the trip and dream is over.
I seen a little kid yesterday standing on a chair in front of a bunch of Bears starting the songs. That wasn’t your lad was it? Nearly ended me that!

Bus left Ibrox Monday night,travelled all the way to Salamanca via the euro tunnel,took about 35hrs, arrived at my hotel about 02.00 on Wednesday up at 07.30 later on at back of 12 went back on the bus to leave for Seville,return journey to Salamanca got in hotel at 08.00 Thursday, quick shower,charged phone for a bit,was out for 09.00 headed to bus station to get public bus back to Seville which took just over 7hrs, taxi to airport for a flight to Dublin at 21.35 then about a 6hr wait to get the plane to Glasgow,landed at 08.05 taxi back to Ibrox to pick up the car,was in flat for 9 and in my bed for 09.10.
My journey home was supposed to have been on the bus,but i decided that i couldn't do it again,so that's how i had to arrange flights etc on the morning of the game.
Now for the Scottish cup final today, we've got to do this.

Left Tuesday morning 5.45:
Glasgow to Edinburgh drive
Edinburgh to Bristol flight
Bristol to Lisbon flight
Lisbon to faro taxi
Arrived 8pm Tuesday night

Wednesday left faro at 8am for drive to Seville.
Stayed in Seville Wed night.

Thursday drive back to faro got in for 2pm, stayed the night again.

Friday
Faro to Bristol flight
Bristol to Edinburgh flight
Edinburgh to Glasgow drove, got home 11.45pm last night.

Done in is not the word but what a great experience !

Monday 7.10am flight to nantes.
Nantes to faro. 4 days in faro
Fleet of taxis to game and back.
Faro to Dublin
Dublin to Edinburgh yesterday.
Bus from airport to haymaker.
Train to Falkirk
Pretty easy compared to others

Arrived at airport about 45 minutes or so ago flight been delayed 3 times in that time now not leaving till 11:45.

Hopefully.

I seen a little kid yesterday standing on a chair in front of a bunch of Bears starting the songs. That wasn’t your lad was it? Nearly ended me that!

Nah. Not him. We’ve not seen another bear in Madrid. But we’re in a hotel by the university and not moving far from it as done plenty walking in Seville

Honestly apart from the drive to and from Birmingham mine was a doddle. Taxi pick up at Faro on Monday and taken to our free digs just south of Huelva on the coast. The same taxi to Seville dropped off 2 of the party at the beamback then dropped me and nephew at railway station to walk to the stadium. Picked up same places and off back to digs. Again same taxi picked us up at our fav bar on Thursday and taken to Faro.
Mind you does help if you have realy good Spanish friends who arranged it all and one of then watches local team, Recrè with taxi driver.
Apart from game (??) the highlight was walking in the surf with a pint of Mahou in one hand and an amazing Argentian beef burger in the other.
On reading the above comments now I really do appreciate what was done for us.

Inverness to Luton
Luton to Malaga
Private hire taxi to Seville and back
Malaga to Luton
Still in Luton waiting for flight to Aberdeen
Then train to Inverness

Went to bed at 10pm Tuesday night so I could get up at 1.45am early on Wednesday morning for my 2.30am pre-booked taxi to Glasgow airport for the 5am CTM day-trip flight to the match.
Timings slightly ‘fuzzy’ after that, but roughly getting into Seville around 9.30am local time.
Kicked around for a bit and took in a few of the local touristy things, then met up with a pal who was up for the day from Gibraltar for lunch. Then was meeting up with another mate who was getting in on a later flight to have a bit of a wander around and then head over to the stadium for the match together, getting there about 6.30pm
Finally got to my seat about 8.15pm after the searches, queueing for water at the kiosk, etc.

After the match it was a coach transfer from Seville to Malaga for flight home. Think the coach left around 12.30am, getting into Malaga about 2.55am, with flight delayed a bit from the noted 3am departure, to more like 4.30am.

Got into Glasgow about 6.45am and then lift up the road from my pal, and straight to bed about 7.30am.

Only 3.5 hours sleep in 48 hours, and loads of walking/ dehydration/ gutted at losing, so was on a different planet by time I got back. Could hardly string 2 words together.

Fair play to CTM, the communication in the lead up to the trip was poor, but they were well organised and it all went to plan on the day.

What an adventure though, brilliant, brilliant time.

Vancouver to Calgary.
Calgary to LHR, bus to Gatwick
Gatwick to Seville

Insult to injury get a post match email cancelling my train from Seville to Malaga the next day.

Drive Seville to Malaga
Malaga to Lisbon
Lisbon to Frankfurt
Just boarded for Frankfurt to Vancouver.

Gutted to miss the SCF. Let's rally around these heroes and give Jimmy and The Gaffer the best send off possible.

Cmon the Rangers!

On Tue night a flight from Edinburgh to Paris, 5 hour stopover there then flight to Porto, arrived around midnight. Then picked up hire car at the airport to drive to a hotel to stay in (hotel was absolutely abysmal and the guy on reception blootered). A near 7 hour drive to Seville, arrived in the city arpund 1400. After the game drove straight back to Porto (after picking up some random guy from Easterhouse in the middle of the city and taking him to his hotel, turns out Iwe knew each other from when we were younger), the drive was extremely difficult, 7 cans of red bull, 2 coffees and 2 litres of water over my face at various stops later we arrived at the hotel at 0730. 2 hours sleep then back to the airport for flight to Stansted, Stansted to Edinburgh then drive to Irvine. Arrived home at 2030 Thu night.

Same. Partied with a midget in albufeira on the Tuesday, went to game in cars ( courtesy of mojos bar) on Wednesday back in albufeira at 3am, on a train- Lisbon at 8,30am fly from Lisbon -Luton, Got into Luton at 11pm drove up on the Friday 11hr ( due to traffic) got back to Cumbernauld at 10pm Friday night
Seen said midget dancing on an old car lol

Trip out there was okayish, return less so, but it worked out.

5am start, 4 hour bus to Edinburgh airport. Flight from there to Paris. Two hour wait, made a fair few new Rangers friends in the process. Flight to Seville, taxi into town. Discovered my scabby air B and B room was in a pretty scratchy-looking part of town, but no trouble.

Return trip was grim. Flight from Seville to Barca at 8 pm. Seven hour layover at Barca, got less than two hours’ sleep. Flight from Barca to Gatwick at 7am. I had 20 minutes after landing to get to the train that takes you into London. Sprint through the airport. Made it. Ten minutes to get from Victoria train station in London to the coach station. Run full tilt down the street in the pelting rain in a Rangers t. Made it. Realised as I was boarding I had only booked half the necessary bus journey. Managed to book the connection in time.

A fourteen hour bus ride ensued. Didn’t have time to buy food or water that day during the travel. Arse and spine are fucked from the seats. But made it in at 1 am last night.

I have a ticket to Hampden today but in all honesty I couldn’t much stomach another 8 hour round trip on a bus so it’s gone to a mate. I’d have still done it all, but instead I’m going to take the opportunity to watch it with my parents. We haven’t seen many Rangers games together this season, and not sure how many more we’ll get.

Sports Options three nighter.
Everything ran absolutely to plan.
Great trip,top class company.
Roll on next season till we do it all again :D

Was supposed to be Gatwick - Seville - Gatwick, but cancelled tonight’s Gatwick flight and heading to Heathrow now from Madrid. All being well, should be home for kick-off.

Going was fairly straight forward, flight to Dublin on Sunday night and overnight stay for flight to Malaga on Monday morning. Bus to Seville and back from Malaga. Coming back was flight from Malaga 23:15 to Barcelona, overnight in airport for flight to Dublin at 11:30 then train from Dublin to Belfast 15:20, ferry from Belfast to Cairnryan which was supposed to leave at 17:30 but delayed by 50 minutes. At that point only way of getting home to Largs was by taxi, however a lovely lady originally from Portadown was travelling home to Stenhousemuir with her 10 year old granddaughter and taking her to the game today. She said she would not see us stuck and offered to drive us to Kilwinning where we just caught the last train to Largs at 00:21. Finally home at 1:00am today. Jackie from Stenhousemuir we cannot thank you enough, you are a star and we hope you and Gracie have a great day today.

Last edited:
Still in Spain.

Left Seville for Alicante(benimar) on Thursday.

RSC for the game today and home in the morning!

One last Spanish night out then up the road for a kip until next season.

Got back to Edinburgh this morning at 00:30 - left seville at 7am yesterday…drove 600km to Alicante, flew to Leeds , drove to Edinburgh - A1 was a nightmare, closed in several places….an utter shite journey from Leeds tbh - we have such shit roads….we drove 1200km in Spain and had no delays…but can’t drive up the road from Leeds !!!

So now that most of us who went are either home or almost home, how did you travel to Seville and where from? There must be a few epic tales so would be interested to hear how we all got there.

I didn't have any delays or an epic distance to travel but i was up at 3am on Wednesday to get to Heathrow for the 6.20 flight to Madrid
Taxi from the airport to train station and then went to Seville via Cordoba and arrived at about 4pm, drop bag off at friends apartment then off to the game. D

Did the same journey in reverse after about 5 hours sleep and got home at 9 last night
Got home at 5pm last night, flight from Malaga to Gatwick, then 4 hour wait til we flew to Edinburgh, then got a lift back from there to Glasgow. Meet a few beers in a boozer in Malaga early Thursday afternoon and needless to say ended up on the bevy til 2am before getting picked up at 430am to head to Malaga. Tough journey home, but was worth it just to so end some time with fellow bears having a good time after Wednesday night. Great trip though, barring the result, met some great people and enjoyed their company.

Some amazing efforts. Those “ stay at homes” slagging the fans are a fn disgrace.

on last lap in Almeria Airport

Uddingston to Cardiff by car.
Cardiff to Faro.
Overnight in Faro.
Car hire, Faro to Seville.
Watch game at stadium where sellick got pumped.
Overnight in Seville.
Drive back to Faro.
Dropped off at hospital. Tore my Achilles.
Spent 6 and a half hours there. Told that I couldn’t fly as I had an ultrasound and they noticed DVT!!
Left hospital and got to Faro airport for my flight to Madrid. Midnight to 7:00am stopover.
Madrid to Lanzarote.
Lanzarote to Cardiff.
7 hour drive to Uddingston.
Now sitting in Hairmyres A&E waiting for someone looking at leg!!
Don’t know when I’ll get took.
Absolutely knackered.
Would I do it again…
Well hell yeah….
With my 2 sons and 2 mates.
It’s what Rangers fans do??!!
Am I going tomorrow…
Only if I get a ticket and out of Hairmyres A&E in time!!!!
Extremely bad luck for this to happen to you three times!

Hope you're OK mate.

A few things come to mind here why can't the host city have an exclusion of flights from the countries not being finalists to allow direct travel on the day for in this case Scots & Germans....leaving landing slots for these flights only and any scheduled flights can go to nearby airports.
I am surprised Hertz, Avis etc had enough vehicles and that there were enough trains to cope (was sent a dubbed clip of Calcutta rail where passengers are crammed inside with others hanging onto the carriages or sitting on the roof /front grille to a soundtrack of WE'RE ON OUR WAY which springs to mind).
The fact after the game trying to find your bus/car and get out of Dodge bad enough the Albion Car Park on a matchday.
Hats off to you ALL I don't know if I could be bothered with the Planes Trains & Automobiles sequel would be absolutely goosed to enjoy the game. To be fair does sound like an unforgettable experience and if we won would be stuff of Legends.
So much for the cost of living increase small fortunes paid out and enough cash to clear some third world countries debt no doubt these thoughts will keep you warm when heating off this winter as paying the credit card bills. LOL!

Drove to Manchester
Flight to Alicante
Transfer to Benidorm
Coach from Ibrox Bar to Seville (absolute rip off and disgraceful experience)
Coach back
Benidorm to Alicante
Alicante to Amsterdam
Amsterdam to Manchester
Drive home.

Long few days to say the least.

Got into Luton airport at 1am last night and then drove back to Glasgow.

Got in at 8am, had 2 hours sleep and then got back up to head to the pub before the game today.

WATP.

My route was Baillieston down to Easterhouse for train to Buchanan bus station for bus to Edinburgh airport on the Tuesday. Flight to Frankfurt where 8 hour stopover was filled by a good session with like minded Bears. Early morning flight to Seville then taxi to digs to meet my son. While he & his mates went for breakfast I grabbed a few hours Kip. Then it was up, shower, & off to the square for a few hours partying before the march to the Stadium. Return trip on the Thursday morning was the same except a very kind bear that I met in Frankfurt airport offered me a lift from Edinburgh to save getting the bus back to Glasgow city center. Kindly dropped me at Baillieston lights even though he stayed in Lenzie. We really do have the greatest fans in the world.

We travelled over on monday and stayed in Malaga as the Seville hotel prices was through the roof,travelled into Seville on the morning of the game on the bus and back to Malaga at tea time,then out for a bite to eat and watched the game there,

Went to a pub called Camden Lock who was showing it on the big projector screen,was a great place to watch it,plenty of bears and a few Frankfurt supporters

On Tue night a flight from Edinburgh to Paris, 5 hour stopover there then flight to Porto, arrived around midnight. Then picked up hire car at the airport to drive to a hotel to stay in (hotel was absolutely abysmal and the guy on reception blootered). A near 7 hour drive to Seville, arrived in the city arpund 1400. After the game drove straight back to Porto (after picking up some random guy from Easterhouse in the middle of the city and taking him to his hotel, turns out Iwe knew each other from when we were younger), the drive was extremely difficult, 7 cans of red bull, 2 coffees and 2 litres of water over my face at various stops later we arrived at the hotel at 0730. 2 hours sleep then back to the airport for flight to Stansted, Stansted to Edinburgh then drive to Irvine. Arrived home at 2030 Thu night.
I did the 5 to Madrid. Adding another 2 to that gives me the fear. I was honestly hallucinating driving.

Tuesday drove down to Liverpool airport for flight to Beauvais. Shortish overnight stay (3 hours sleep) then flight from Paris to Faro. Hire car Faro to Seville. Parked up no problem. Hit the city and soaked up the atmosphere, went to the beamback at La Cartuja, got back to the car at 1am after clocking up 25k steps on Wed!. Drove back to Faro for a 7.25 flight to Brussels. Flew back to Liverpool then drove home for 9.30 on Thurs evening

3 hours of sleep in 50 hours and we lost, but a brilliant trip and experience that will always live with us. Made lots of buddies along the way

Finished work at 3.45 on Monday then off to catch the train at Dumfries to get to Birmingham. Monday night in Birmingham then train to Cardiff for a flight to Faro.

Left Faro at 6.30 in a transfer we managed to arrange to Seville. Walked from the ground to the bull ring to get picked up at 2 am on our return transfer to Faro and 3 hours sleep before our taxi to the airport for a flight to East Midlands Airport.

Taxi to Nottingham train station then train to Crewe where we were delayed for nearly an hour due to signal failure and got to Carlisle too late for the Dumfries train so stayed on to Lockerbie and got picked up there.

I wa home for around half 9 then up next morning for work.

Left at midnight Monday/Tuesday morning. Picked up my sister and drove to London.

Flight at 2pm Gatwick - Almeria
2 hour drive from Almeria to Malaga.
Air b&b booked in Malaga, out for a party then a few hours sleep.
Up early for another 2 hour drive to Seville. Parked on the outskirts and got a train into the centre.

Same journey back straight after the game. Boyfriend was driving, nearly crashed on the drive back to Malaga. Had to stop several times on the way back from London. Too shattered for that amount of driving, day trip next time!!

Drive Motherwell to Birmingham (4 and a bit hours) Saturday
Birmingham to Faro - Sunday
Faro to Albuferia
Southside Chosen Few supporters bus 2 and a bit hours to Seville.

Been a cracking trip but the bus back to Portugal from Seville was horrible don’t think anyone spoke the full time :( everyone was gutted.

Fly home tomorrow then drive back from Birmingham should get home about 8pm
Now been delayed 6 hours in Faro coming home - so night in a travel lodge as can’t face driving up the m6 / M74 after being awake for 20 odd hours

Back