Willie Collum logic

Did he really let Hearts take a free kick from a Rangers offside, 5 yards inside the Rangers half?

Totally inept performance from this penis once again
That was eclipsed by whistling against Kent after being shoved over by Boyle.

Not giving the tug on Aribo’s shirt in the box. Hearts players pushing Rangers players and giving nothing.

Guy is useless.

I don't remember seeing this either but it is possible. If you are offside when the ball is played but play it in your own half then the free kick is where you play it.

It happened in an Accy game and we got that as an explanation
Yes, that’s correct.
in this case offside was given inside tarts half.
thought the ref blew too much to stop any rhythm and problems.
the tarts lb kept falling over and ref told tav “ too many fouls”.

Did he really let Hearts take a free kick from a Rangers offside, 5 yards inside the Rangers half?

Rule changed a few years ago, if you're offside and come back into your own half to take possession of the ball , the offside is taken from there.

I honestly can't even call him corrupt, as he was as bad when it should've been a Hearts decision. I genuinely think you could've blindfolded him and he'd have got more right than he did. Seriously poor. Big John was saying to him after one 'foul', "ref, that's like, bad, soooo bad" while actually trying to contain his laughter. Didn't he have a shocker in a playoff match last week also? Arbroath game I think. VAR, whilst isn't going to be all fresh air and roses like we think it is, is going to show a helluva lot of these piss poor officials up.

Strikes me as the type of man that's never had a pint in the bar, but has a sherry in the lounge

I seen a post suggesting he played advantage and we lost that so no free kick!
Okay, but is that not the purpose of the advantage rule.
If no advantage is gained, you pull play back.
He played on a few times for Hearts in the 2nd half then pulled it back for a free kick.

Would love for him to explain the difference.

He is a cheat.

Some of the decisions defied logic so much that they fell firmly in the court of corruption. So many corrupt decisions that I lost count but the pull on the jersey of Aribo in the box could have been decisive and should be called out. Absolutely shocking officiating.

Rule changed a few years ago, if you're offside and come back into your own half to take possession of the ball , the offside is taken from there.
Bit that's not what happened. The whistle went before anyone else touched the ball

Q absolute terrible referee. After the livi howler how he got the SCF ill never know the tackle on bassey was a red card in any league n the world. Hope he retires next yr

For me the big one amongst a dozen “mistakes” was apparently not seeing the shirt pull on Aribo in the last couple of minutes. O.K., Aribo managed to get a shot away which Gordon saved with his foot, but the Hearts defender had clearly pulled him back by the jersey.

When Rangers lodged a complaint against Collum several seasons ago, I thought we went after the wrong referee, as Clancy was worse. However, the games he’s refereed involving us this season has shown that, like all the other SFA referees, there’s something sinister with games involving us, and he is now following the same agenda of all other SFA referees.

That 2nd half performance was an absolute shambles, corrupt to the core.
Did you miss the first half then ....he's a dirty cheating bassa and RFC should be all over his performance today and demanding action.
The amount of times a tart threw himself down or in one case early on, actually kicked our players foot,Tav i think and got free kicks was unreal,yet both Kent and Bassey were fouled right in front of him several times each and no foul . Corrupt doesn't begin to describe that smelly tramp .

giphy-downsized-large.gif
This shows perfectly he didn't come back into our half to play the ball.

I don't remember seeing this either but it is possible. If you are offside when the ball is played but play it in your own half then the free kick is where you play it.

Only problem with that is that Sakala didn't get back into his own half or touch the ball...

Last edited:
Did you miss the first half then ....he's a dirty cheating bassa and RFC should be all over his performance today and demanding action.
The amount of times a tart threw himself down or in one case early on, actually kicked our players foot,Tav i think and got free kicks was unreal,yet both Kent and Bassey were fouled right in front of him several times each and no foul . Corrupt doesn't begin to describe that smelly tramp .

Yeah thats a fair point RDB!

That left back or whoever it was for them just seemed to hit the deck anytime he went near Tav and got the foul.

The foul on Bassey by Halliday near the corner was crazy, even the commentators couldnt believe it.

Collum was woeful in the playoff the other week too, just an awful corrupt ref!!

According to expert in everything craigan, that was correct. Come back from offside position and the free kick is from where player touches ball. If correct it was the first correct decision the wee cheating bastard got all game
He and the rest are rats
I stand corrected. Thanks for posting.

I'm not buying incompetent for a second. He is a biased tosser. The Halliday barge into Bassey near corner flag as clear a foul as you'll ever see in your life - they get free kick ! Same with Boyle into Kent. Incredible decisions. Of course we don't get the penalty for the shirt pull on Aribo. We know all about Collum but this was all so blatant.

The difference when we get European refs is so completely obvious.

Had 5live on as I wasn’t able to watch it and the English commentator couldn’t believe Collum’s performance at times. He was going mental when no penalty was given for the shirt pull at the end of the 90. Nevin of course tried to explain it away by saying that Collum usually has one strange decision every game, only for them to respond that he’d had more than one. Kind of refreshing to hear an outsiders comments on the shit show that is Scottish refereeing

Poor, poor refereeing today. I've never seen a "professional" referee look so out his depth! Shocking today.

Yeah, the free kick is taken from the spot that the player who was in an offside position becomes active in the play.
That what craigan the expert on everything said
Right enough he also said when Jack and Wright came on that these subs are very unlikely goal threats. Expert at talking shite.

Reactions: DJT
That what craigan the expert on everything said
Right enough he also said when Jack and Wright came on that these subs are very unlikely goal threats. Expert at talking shite.
Give him a break...he was a shite Motherwell CB after all and his hair has found away to stop being grey...after ten years.
Totally qualified to talk about us...at least he's not sutton.

Thats not an actual compliment

That was eclipsed by whistling against Kent after being shoved over by Boyle.

Not giving the tug on Aribo’s shirt in the box. Hearts players pushing Rangers players and giving nothing.

Guy is useless.
He's not usless at all...for scumtic

There's no other explanation for not giving the foul on Bassey by Halliday near the end of normal time. That's not bad/incompetent refereeing, I'm sorry.

He’s a fucking mental case heavy bi polar ref, after that he should be binned for good.
Watch any game not involving Rangers and he’s the same

Nope, its from where you are offside, not where you were when it is called.

The tackle from Andy Halliday on Bassey.
There was no malice from Andy but it was a free kick all day long.
But Collum decides to play on.
Absolutely baffling.

Basically as i described. Ball gets launched forward and offside gets given against a Rangers player a few yards beyond the half way line.

Hearts player throws the ball 5 yards inside the Rangers half and Collum let's him take it
Then he takes offence at big bad John for pointing out his ridiculous decision. Unbelievable.

Nope, its from where you are offside, not where you were when it is called.
Check the rules, the new way they interpret it is that you are not offside until you go to play the ball and that is where the free kick is taken from.

I heard the explanation when something similar was given against Accy at a game I was at and that was from the Accy manager

Back