Marseille, Monaco or Rennes - Possible CL Q3 opponents

Texas ranger

Playing just now.

Whoever ends up third in Ligue 1 joins us. If it’s Marseille, they will be seeded alongside us. Any of the other two would be unseeded and possible opponents. Any preference ?

Heard that PSV could also be unseeded.
Yip if either Marseille or Copenhagen qualify they take the last seeded spot ahead of PSV.

Looking in that case at PSV, Sturm Graz, Union Saint-Gilloise and Copenhagen if both them and Marseille win or a few combinations with Midtjylland, Rennes, Monaco in the mix.

Monaco currently holding the French spot as scores stand.

Last edited:
Its the runners up in the Danish league who will be in our section. Copenhagen are 3pts clear with 1 game left.

99% chance it'll be Midtjylland in with us

Playing just now.

Whoever ends up third in Ligue 1 joins us. If it’s Marseille, they will be seeded alongside us. Any of the other two would be unseeded and possible opponents. Any preference ?
Marseille is a shit tip and dangerous but football wise..No

Would fancy any of them to be honest, watched Marseille 5/6 times this season and they are terrible though - genuinely appalling.

Most confident i’ve ever been at the prospect of these kind of qualifiers.

Malmö was a completely different style of play under a worse manager.

I really don't think we should fear anyone in these qualifiers. We are a decent level European team with a proven track record, teams should be looking at us and thinking we want to avoid Rangers.
Exactly this,%^*& being worried about anyone!

I think different tbh.

There's a couple I don't want, but see really, what do we have to fear?
We should never 'fear' anyone, but as Malmo taught us, you can take nothing for granted in these qualifiers.

We can do it, but it will not be easy at all. All these clubs will be as desperate as us to get through to the big time.

These qualifiers are going to be very difficult.

Will be a major achievement to qualify.
Yep. Sad to say, I doubt we will make it, especially go en the squad turnover needed. I also doubt our board will spend the required amount.

Monaco in the lead now, puts Marseille in QR3 seeded and PSV unseeded.

Edit Marseille just took the lead too but are still behind Monaco on GD.

If it stays like that, PSV, Sturm Graz, Union Saint-Gilloise and either Midtjylland / Copenhagen are unseeded.

Assuming top seeds qualifies out of QR2. ( Dynamo Kiev & Danes)

Last edited:
I wouldn’t be too disturbed by PSV tbh. They were a conference league team

Not easy but not insurmountable.

They could still end up seeded if the top seeds from QR2 don’t qualify and / or Marseille don’t end up third in Ligue 1.
Isn't it like that time we took Maribor's seeding, because the draw is done before the tie?

So Dynamo Kiev could get knocked out, but whoever knocks them out would be seeded, and PSV wouldn't.

Isn't it like that time we took Maribor's seeding, because the draw is done before the tie?

So Dynamo Kiev could get knocked out, but whoever knocks them out would be seeded, and PSV wouldn't.
Correct, all of the CL Draws are done before the the previous game is completed. We'll be seeded for QR3+PO

Ooft. Last min equalizer from Lens moves Marseille up to 2nd and Monaco down to 3rd. So Monaco are a potential unseeded team for us?

These qualifiers are going to be very difficult.

Will be a major achievement to qualify.
Yep. Sad to say, I doubt we will make it, especially given the squad turnover needed. I also doubt our board will spend the required amount.

Monaco 26.000
*Winners of 2nd qualifying tie involving runners up Danish Superliga
Sturm Graz 7.770
Union Saint-Gilloise 6.120

Thats our opponents for the 3rd round assuming Copenhagen don't get beat 10-0 or something tomorrow.

Monaco 26.000
*Winners of 2nd qualifying tie involving runners up Danish Superliga
Sturm Graz 7.770
Union Saint-Gilloise 6.120

Thats our opponents for the 3rd round assuming Copenhagen don't get beat 10-0 or something tomorrow.
I'd love to get Union.

Nice little away day in the middle of summer and they are bound to get their team ripped up this summer.
Sturm Graz would be good too.

Back