Transfer Targets 2022/23 season

JimmyGQ

It looks like there will be a fair bit of player turnover heading into next season. Obviously Souttar coming in the door and Lowry and King likely to command more minutes moving forward.

But still going to need a decent number of players and just wondered who people fancied?

Personally, I think we could do a lot worse than look at Bodo/Glimt’s Solbakken and Vetlesen.

Also Ryan Mmaee at Ferencvarosi and Zian Flemming with Fortuna Sittard if going down the Dutch route with Gio.

Yorbe Vertessen and Johan Bakayoko not sure if they are attainable but worth a try.
Need a couple of centre halves but no idea who we could afford who fits the bill also interested to see if we go for a new number 1 or give Mclaughlin the gloves for next season

It looks like there will be a fair bit of player turnover heading into next season. Obviously Souttar coming in the door and Lowry and King likely to command more minutes moving forward.

But still going to need a decent number of players and just wondered who people fancied?

Personally, I think we could do a lot worse than look at Bodo/Glimt’s Solbakken and Vetlesen.

Also Ryan Mmaee at Ferencvarosi and Zian Flemming with Fortuna Sittard if going down the Dutch route with Gio.

Ryan Mmaee is phenomenal. Would have him at Rangers in a heartbeat. Wonderful striker. Enjoyed watching him this season, in fact the best Fradi attacker I've seen in my decades worth of time watching them.

Thought we might've gone for Simon Deli when his spell at Slavia/Brugge ended. He's playing for a newly-promoted side in the Turkish league now, I wonder what kind of fee he'd command?

Suggestions, free agents:

GK - Sam Johnstone would be brilliant but doubt it.

GK - Alex McCarthy is free from Southampton and only 32.

Winger- Tom Lawrence at Derby would be a great Bosman. 28 years old too.

Striker- Vydra is free agent and at 30 could do a job.

Midfielder- John Swift, 26, could be a stand out up here

Domestically these would be good free agents. But need more quality for Europe.

Ryan Mmaee is phenomenal. Would have him at Rangers in a heartbeat. Wonderful striker. Enjoyed watching him this season, in fact the best Fradi attacker I've seen in my decades worth of time watching them.
How much you reckon he’d cost? I didn’t think they’d command massive fees for their players. Maybe 3m or so?

Suggestions, free agents:

GK - Sam Johnstone would be brilliant but doubt it.

GK - Alex McCarthy is free from Southampton and only 32.

Winger- Tom Lawrence at Derby would be a great Bosman. 28 years old too.

Striker- Vydra is free agent and at 30 could do a job.

Midfielder- John Swift, 26, could be a stand out up here

Domestically these would be good free agents. But need more quality for Europe.

Think our fans hate Lawrence after the friendly few years ago haha. Johnstone would be a brilliant signing.

Would also be looking at Junya Ito for the right wing position. I'm sure Ross knows him from his Belgian contacts.

Only thing might be his age going against him if there’s no re-sale value. But I don’t imagine he’d cost loads
Our system going forward should be two things.

1. Buying potential for cheap to develope and sell for a profiit.
2.buying players who we know we may not recoup transfer wise but their performances on the pitch will bring us rewards.

A fine line but we can't have 11 Sakalas.

Our system going forward should be two things.

1. Buying potential for cheap to develope and sell for a profiit.
2.buying players who we know we may not recoup transfer wise but their performances on the pitch will bring us rewards.

A fine line but we can't have 11 Sakalas.
Anybody in Belgium you've been keeping an eye on? Lois Openda has been sensational on loan at Vitesse from Club Brugge but I reckon he’d be out of our budget. I also quite like Dante Vanzeir but again not sure of his price range

Anybody in Belgium you've been keeping an eye on? Lois Openda has been sensational on loan at Vitesse from Club Brugge but I reckon he’d be out of our budget. I also quite like Dante Vanzeir but again not sure of his price range
I think Musa Al-Taamari would be worth a punt going by the system we seem to be employing about cheap development players. I believe András Németh has a bright future also.

Ahh a transfer window

Windass and Lewis Ferguson to be linked until they retire. No idea who a target might be but I want a striker, right winger and midfielder please.

Back