Would you have swapped this season for the title

Swap?

• Yes

Votes: 342 26.8%
  • No

Votes: 935 73.2%

• Total voters
No, as much as I am pissed off that we threw the league away, its so rare for us to get to a major European Final, especially in the manner we got there performing so well.

It is an empty question after the fact, some may say we'd have been better off winning the title.
However, if asked would you take a penalty shootout out to win the Europa League or the championship,I think we would all have gone for a European trophy.

No.

Europe is the priority for me. Followed by the league. Always has been. We'll always have another crack at the league title, but the chance of European glory is much rarer.

Manchester and Seville are not only our only finals, they're the only times we've reached the quarters since 1993.
What part of we have just gifted the filth a walk straight into a pot of gold, whilst we might not get there via the qualifiers, do you find difficult to comprehend? Which could affect our spending powers for the next couple of seasons.

As for Europe has always been your priority over the league? Who's zoomin who?

You could look at it this way,if we repeated it next season i doubt it would be acceptable.
Part of me says yes because those manky bastards celebrated the title.
I have mixed feelings because we lost the final.

It's a really difficult one to answer.
Our aim at the start of the season was to retain our title, we haven't done that.
However the memories and the sheer highs we've all enjoyed as a result of this europa run, culminating in that exhilirating night at Ibrox against Leipzig could never be matched by winning the league in my opinion.
I have never felt so high after a game of football, and to enjoy all those rounds with my sons to then go to the final with them and share the whole experience will take some beating, despite the result.
Before the season began I'd have said no, based on the experience and the journey then I've absolutely loved this season despite only winning the Scottish Cup.

True.

But post match Wednesday was the biggest kick in the balls I've ever experienced watching us. It hurt beyond belief.

Losing that final was utterly heartbreaking in a way Manchester just wasn't.

Oh I totally agree, I can't stop thinking about it, it gives me a pain in my stomach every time. Seeing the odd tweet showing Frankfurts celebrations in Germany when they got back and just imagining what it would have been like here, we'd still be partying today.

It hurt and still does, but it's definitely left me desperate for more, that buzz from the Thursday nights is addictive.

No, this season has been incredible, my sons first real experience of going to Rangers games, following the team, plus being able to take in this amazing European run culminating in last weeks final, also chuck in the Cup win at the weekend.

We will win #56 next season and qualify for the CL group stage. Plan to take him to an away game in Europe next season too. :)

Probably. All things considered, the money was great but winning the league would have given us just as much.

To change the question slightly:

Next year, would you take a repeat of this season or be champions of Scotland?

I'm choosing league title all day long.

No.

Europe is the priority for me. Followed by the league. Always has been. We'll always have another crack at the league title, but the chance of European glory is much rarer.

Manchester and Seville are not only our only finals, they're the only times we've reached the quarters since 1993.
Europe as a priority yes. Got to get ourselves consistently up with the likes of Ajax and Porto who have cycles which regularly involve runs to the latter stages of UEFA competitions. Europe is what will grow our club. Scottish parochialism should be for the rest of them. I'd frankly put the B team out for the premier sports cup ties and voluntarily play in the group stages to give them more experience to help us towards improving the squad for Europe. Couldn't care less about the league cup tripe.

Not me, the build up after we had beaten Leipzig at Ibrox was just an incredible and unforgettable experience and we came so close to winning the EL.

A daft hypothetical question, but I'm interested to see what people think.

For me it's a straight no, it's maybe raw at the moment due to how gutting last week was, but the European run will live with is all forever.

The games at Ibrox were incredible and I really doubt if Leipzig will be bettered for any of us.

The build up to the final was so surreal, questions in Parliament, the PM giving us a personal good luck message, the numbers travelling, the party atmosphere.

The team and fans have enhanced our reputation across Europe more than any title win could

That's not to say I would want that every season, the league is the priority of course, but I now expect us to be better in Europe, I don't think the latter stages should be beyond us and hopefully this European campaign isn't a one off.

The Scottish Cup was a nice way to round it off, but we all know a Scottish cup isn't a successful domestic season for Rangers
The League is the most important for us, but we'll win it again soon. The Europa League run won't be repeated very often and then to win the Scottish Cup was a fitting finale.

So I voted no.

Absolutely not!!! Any Rangers fan who spent time in Spain for the game will tell you the same. Ok, we didn't win , but had an incredible time. My girlfriend, who is Russian, couldn't believe how amazing our fans were, despite me constantly telling her.

Europa League run was fantastic and something that we may not see again for years, so with my heart i'd say no.

However i lost a wedge on us not winning the league, so with my head i'd say yes.

No because can I see.us winning the league soon ? Yes .Can I see us getting to the europa final just as soon it's not likely.Getting to European finals are special for a Scottish club.

The long term benefits of what we achieved this season will far outweigh what winning the league would have done. The reputation and profile of the club, the fans and individual players has been enhanced immeasurably across Europe and beyond, so in terms of both attracting players and being able to demand top dollar when selling players, we are in a much stronger position than we would have been with a league win. Like it or not, winning domestically barely registers with anyone outwith Scotland.

We, as a support, are too quick to judge things in comparison to what they do.

I'd love to have won the league but not a chance I'd swap that for our Euro and Scottish Cup runs. As others have rightly pointed out, they gave us some of the best matches of our lifetimes. The league was always going to be an anti climax after last season anyway.

I've voted no in the 'successful season' polls but also voted no here.

This season has had some of the most memorable results I've seen but I still can't designate it successful but it has probably been the most enjoyable and memorable.

Nope. In fact I'd swap next season's league title for another run and a chance to win it in the final.

I said something similar in another thread but the feeling being at Ibrox after that RBL semi final eclipsed almost anything I’ve felt including winning the league last year, although that partly might have been because we won it so easily last season and we weren’t allowed to be there.

No chance. Had some of the best days and nights ever as a Rangers supporter.
Agreed the Thursday nights at Ibrox especially the knock outs have been amazing and I thought the atmosphere at Dortmund couldn't be topped until RB Leipzig game and that's going to take some beating.

Still down about Seville cos it was there for the taking but what a journey - will remember for the rest of my life!

Not a chance, we are all still hurting at losing out on the Europa league final but in time we will recognise what a great achievement it was and just bask in the memories of the scalps we took along the way.

For me it has just giving me more hunger for more of the same.

League titles will take care of themselves over the course but having a team that consistently competes in Europe is something I thought I'd never see as a Rangers fan. The fact we have easily overtaken the dregs of humanity on the Euro front from effectively a starting point of zero fills we with absolute pride.

The Europa run was great entertainment - particularly the games themselves.

Recent SPFL seasons have been pretty dull on the pitch - even the title winning season was boring bar the moment of victory.

No. The RB game at Ibrox and the excitement in Seville running up to the game meeting so many friends and family will live with me forever. We will win the league again soon, repeating this seasons European exploits might take a lot longer.

No. The highs and lows are what makes football real. Nothing I know has compared to this seasons Europa league run and I'm 65 years shortly.
The league and qualification to Cl group stages is a bummer to miss out on, but as per we do it the hard way again.

No, simple reason our profile as a football club is enhanced all over Europe given our run to the Europa final.

Whereas winning the Scottish league only enhances your profile in eeerrr Scotland

Absolutely no comparison

Yes. I’m gutted we handled them direct entry into group stages of the Champions league after their 3 failures in Europe which shamed Scotland. Certainly hope we get into group stages next season but could have already been there which would attract better players. We were outplayed by Frankfurt and they recognised stopping Tav coming forward was a requirement.

It's a no from me.

The European run took us to new heights we've not seen since 2008. The reputation of the club and support has been enhanced. Ibrox is now a place where every football vlogger wants to be. We are on our way alright... On our way to hopefully becoming a very good European side.

Not a chance. Winning a tinpot 2 team league is nowhere near the level of making a Europa league final

A daft hypothetical question, but I'm interested to see what people think.

For me it's a straight no, it's maybe raw at the moment due to how gutting last week was, but the European run will live with is all forever.

The games at Ibrox were incredible and I really doubt if Leipzig will be bettered for any of us.

The build up to the final was so surreal, questions in Parliament, the PM giving us a personal good luck message, the numbers travelling, the party atmosphere.

The team and fans have enhanced our reputation across Europe more than any title win could

That's not to say I would want that every season, the league is the priority of course, but I now expect us to be better in Europe, I don't think the latter stages should be beyond us and hopefully this European campaign isn't a one off.

The Scottish Cup was a nice way to round it off, but we all know a Scottish cup isn't a successful
Name the last memorable SPFL game....
Name the last memorable SPFL game....
The last one that comes closest to Leipzig was being at the game when we won the league at Parkhead in 99….even then…I’ve never know joy like the Leipzig game

That's when the question can really be answered, after next seasons cl qualifiers.

If we get through them then this season will be remembered as one of our best, if we fail in those qualifiers it takes a bit of the shine off this season.
Unless we go deep again in the EL. There is more than one way to maximise the earnings.

I live in England.
We win the league then it’s comments like “farmers league” two horse race etc
The run in Europe even more perhaps than 55 has put us firmly back on the centre stage of football
I wish more people could see this bigger picture

Depends when and we would’ve went out in Europe. If it’s a literal swap with the poets, and we got fucked out 3 competitions while they made the final, I don’t think I’d take that offer.

If it’s a case of we got put out by Dortmund or Belgrade, I’d probably take the league.

The Europa Final loss was the hardest take in my time as a Rangers Fan but the trip there was something else.

56 will come along in due course but the European Run, particularly the Heavyweights KOd along the way, is unlikely to be repeated anytime soon.

I think this is one of these examples were people select the thing that actually happened.

If we'd won the league and had automatic Champions' League football - which Celtic would then have to qualify for - then fewer would be saying that they'd have taken a Europa League run. And vice versa, I think.

No, I wouldn't have swapped it.

Getting to a European final, even if we don't win it, will always be more important than winning a title in my eyes.

Looking at it realistically, unless there is some sort of major investment in Scottish football or a move to another league, the Old Firm will pass the title (and the accompanying bragging rights) back and forth from now until the end of time. It's brilliant when we win it and sore when we don't but there's always a guarantee that we will win it at some point or another.

European runs like this one, or the one back in 2008, will always trump winning the league for me because it's performing at a higher level, beating better teams and showcasing the big club we are outside of the Scottish goldfish bowl. Plus, it's trips abroad and making memories for the fans rather than the repetitive mundane trips to Edinburgh or Dundee.

From a personal perspective, I wasn't bothered that they won the league this year because what we have achieved over the last two seasons supercedes anything they've done in my mind. Okay, they won another title, so will we, but we made it to one more final than they did and I can imagine that bothers them a fair bit.

I think this is one of these examples were people select the thing that actually happened.

If we'd won the league and had automatic Champions' League football - which Celtic would then have to qualify for - then fewer would be saying that they'd have taken a Europa League run. And vice versa, I think.
Ask me next season after we have won the league and I will still say I would rather be in a Budapest on the 31st May to watch my team play a European final.

Back