Would you have swapped this season for the title

Swap?

• Yes

Votes: 342 26.8%
  • No

Votes: 935 73.2%

• Total voters
I wish more people could see this bigger picture.
I wish more people could see this bigger picture
How much money are we guaranteed to make through participating in European competition before a ball is kicked next season?

How much are the filth guaranteed?

Here's my take on this 'bigger picture' you are talking about.

Only if we had won last Wednesday does losing last season's league not count. We lost.

Therefore, while you're uploading your pictures from Seville onto your laptop and showing them off to all your English pals, the filth'll be putting anywhere between 20-30m Euros in the bank.

See the bigger picture? It's a dose of reality some folks need.

How much money are we guaranteed to make through participating in European competition before a ball is kicked next season?

How much are the filth guaranteed?

Here's my take on this 'bigger picture' you are talking about.

Only if we had won last Wednesday does losing last season's league not count. We lost.

Therefore, while you're uploading your pictures from Seville onto your laptop and showing them off to all your English pals, the filth'll be putting anywhere between 20-30m Euros in the bank.

See the bigger picture? It's a dose of reality some folks need.
What English Pals?

Even being runners up in the EL is a far greater achievement than winning a league where we effectively have one rival. With the expansion of European football this is where we need to set higher standards and if we do we will win plenty more domestics.

Here's my answer to this:

If the question is:

Would I swap this years title directly for losing in the Europa League final (i.e hindsight being our friend) - the answer is yes. I'd rather have the title than a run to a final.

But i'd rather have a run to a EL final with the chance still to win it, than win this years title.

Never in a million years would a title win have been anything close to what our club has achieved this season. As with all relationships - the bigger highs and the lower lows together just strengthen the love - and my own love for Rangers and the whole Rangers Family has been even further strengthened this season.

It is something I had been asking myself. So when I saw the question I thought about it and decided no. This season has been really special I wouldn't give up the magic moments. Sorry, football isn't just about shinny things or statistics it is also about making incredible memories.
That said let's win the treble next season!

Nope. Trip to Braga and those games v Dortmund, Red Star, Leipzig Then a final in Spain and a Scottish Cup win.

Best season of football with fellow Bears I can remember in years (55 included).

Never in a million years would a title win have been anything close to what our club has achieved this season. As with all relationships - the bigger highs and the lower lows together just strengthen the love - and my own love for Rangers and the whole Rangers Family has been even further strengthened this season.
These are great points seem to be lost on many though.

This has totally galvanised our support young and old, we were told our grandchildren would be Celtic fans, any kid aged 6 and upwards who watched on Wednesday has now seen what we are all about the following we have the love we have and with 100,000 no arrests no tv news headlines spewing out big bad rangers fans, it’s been huge for our club in ways many don’t seem to realise.

Uk wide and extending into Europe people were rooting for us. That’s a massive sea change from what we get in Scotland. It’s also hammered home that we are BACK 55 wasn’t a one off and the clubs finances also receive a huge boost from getting to the final.

We finished with the Scottish Cup. Of course we’d swap that for the league.

Rangers are not about the pride in coming second

Voted no, but really, really difficult to decide. Might give a different answer tomorrow if asked again. Although the gerrymandering of the fixture list and winter break really soured the league for me, I'd still love to have won it.

If I was offered a guaranteed EL win with the auto entry into the CL I would have reluctantly conceded the league. But we didn’t win, so the season ultimately has been underwhelming in terms of success. Yes, we have got the domestic cup monkey off our backs but we have missed a massive opportunity by not winning the title and especially the EL if you ask me.

Whilst we struggled to adapt to the heat and the opposition’s tactics stifled us, the Germans were definitely there for the taking. We just didn’t play well enough.

An eternal shame in my mind, and heart for that matter.

I totally understand those voting no because of the sentimental value in RB, Dortmund and Seville etc but it’s a yes from me.

I wasn’t there and despite the immense pride in reaching the final, the end feeling is one of disappointment. We’ll never have a better chance and the rewards would have been almost endless but ultimately we fell short.

Yes we‘ve all seen title wins, and will again, but this year was undeniably all about the end goal of CL group qualification. Throwing that away leaves a bad feeling especially considering the mess the scum were in literally weeks before the season kick off.

An exciting, emotional and memorable season without a doubt but also one that we passed up great opportunities.

Last edited:
Stunned at the responses to this

Had we won EL it’s a no brainer for no. Not winning it means it’s a no brainer for yes

Yes there were magical nights to remember but that’s all they are. Memories. A league title is worth more than that

Nope. We wouldnt have got any credit for it anyway as all the talk would be about Flange getting his dirty tramps to the Europa League final.

Stunned at the responses to this

Had we won EL it’s a no brainer for no. Not winning it means it’s a no brainer for yes

Yes there were magical nights to remember but that’s all they are. Memories. A league title is worth more than that
The whole of Europe watched us this season, applauded us and dreamed they could be like us.

No one in Europe gave one iota of a fk at Celtic beating Ross Country.

The whole of Europe watched us this season, applauded us and dreamed they could be like us.

No one in Europe gave one iota of a fk at Celtic beating Ross Country.

I’m not arguing they do but winning the league brings automatic CL qualification which could set the club up for years.

I think emotion is ruling the roost here. Maybe I’m being too pragmatic. Leipzig was the best I’ve ever felt at the end of a football game and when Aribo scored, that was the single greatest feeling of my life. But CL qualification would have been huge.

I’d also say I’m genuinely unsure i’ll ever get over losing the EL final

Wierldy no. I voted that this season wasn't a success in the other poll, but I don't think I'd swap it just the same.

Frankly, any season we only come away with one of the cups isn't successful here. Clearly the European performance on its own was outstanding.

That said, it was such a rollercoaster of emotions, I wouldn't change it. I've never experienced a high like the 13 days between Leipzig and Seville. Nor a low like seeing that last penalty go in.

The journey was great despite the lack of silverware.

I’m not arguing they do but winning the league brings automatic CL qualification which could set the club up for years.

I think emotion is ruling the roost here. Maybe I’m being too pragmatic. Leipzig was the best I’ve ever felt at the end of a football game and when Aribo scored, that was the single greatest feeling of my life. But CL qualification would have been huge.

I’d also say I’m genuinely unsure i’ll ever get over losing the EL final
You do realise we are in the Champions League qualifiers right?

I think the only people voting "no" will be the bears like myself that were there in Spain making memories.

Had we won last Wednesday the answer was No.

Right now, it’s yes
Agreed. A great run and a great trip last week, but ultimately second is nothing. Had making the final taken us straight into the CL group stages my view might be slightly different. Then again, I went to Barcelona, Lisbon and Manchester in 2008, so I’d already done the Euro aways and the final that year. For many this year it was a unique experience (so far).

Yes. There was a lot at stake in the league this year. If we had won the Europa league the answer would, of course, have been a definite no. Unfortunately we didn’t. Football can be cruel. It teaches us two things: disappointment and schadenfreude.

Back