The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see West Brom have confirmed Johnstone is being released.

I’d be very keen to see us bring him north. Fantastic keeper who has no chance of making it with England now

I feel like I'd rather go for someone like the Bosnian keeper we were linked with - more of a gamble than Johnstone, but he's 5 years younger with a lot of potential, and we still have McLaughlin incase it doesn't work out.

Wouldn't be opposed to Johnstone, but he would demand to be one of our highest paid players you'd imagine.

I feel like I'd rather go for someone like the Bosnian keeper we were linked with - more of a gamble than Johnstone, but he's 5 years younger with a lot of potential, and we still have McLaughlin incase it doesn't work out.

Wouldn't be opposed to Johnstone, but he would demand to be one of our highest paid players you'd imagine.
I’d generally agree with that sentiment if it was for any position other than keeper. To me a tried and tested epl goalie on circa 30k would be cracking business.

Utter nonsense. He plays in a position that has to return a high amount of goals and assists every season. His shooting this season has been woeful.

You can't even say he is not getting into the right positions to shoot, he can have 4 or 5 shots a game and never come close to scoring.

We can and should be able to replace him with far more goals.

Anyone who can't see or doesn't appreciate what Kent brings to the team isn't really worth debating with, it's just a waste of time.

Not really, it was a genuine question out of curiousity. Me rating him as a player, and this being a transfer thread.
He’s hands down been the worst signing we’ve ever done with the amount of minutes he’s played.
Good player if he could stay fit for 2 mins.

I’d generally agree with that sentiment if it was for any position other than keeper. To me a tried and tested epl goalie on circa 30k would be cracking business.
Can’t say I’ve watched much of the championship this season but has Jonshtone not struggled a bit this season? Remember hearing of some howlers he’d had but as I say I don’t watch much championship football so don’t really know.

Hate saying this but I really don't want Greegs to be our #1 keeper next season, would like him to stay as a coach or something to keep his experience. He was always a bit reluctant to leave his line, he point blank refuses to now.

Inclined to agree. McGlauglin may be relatively untested, but I felt relatively at ease during our Scottish cup run at corners etc. McGregor's unwillingness to come out for the ball gave me anxiety every time there was a set piece.

Has the plonker who tried to start the 'De Bruyne to Rangers' rumour chipped in this thread yet? Champing at the bit to hear about ZiZou coming out of retirement to play for the famous.

I'd personally be a bit worried if 3 of our 4 centre backs next season were Helander, Balogun and Souttar.

Be lucky to get 60 games between them going on their recent injury records.

If Balogun does stay then I hope Helander is heading out the door.
We also need to make space for King IMO we need at least one top quality CB to replace CG so one of the others have to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back