Chelsea takeover completed

Where does the money actually go?
Where's the money going?
The sale will follow a two-step process under which £2.5bn will go into an escrow account until the government is satisfied the funds will go to a charity for victims of the war in Ukraine. Boehly’s group has committed to invest a further £1.75bn in the club. Crucially, Abramovich has agreed to legally binding guarantees allowing his £1.6bn loan to Chelsea to go into a frozen account under government control.

The government has sought assurances that the charity will be independent of Abramovich. Mike Penrose, a former Unicef UK executive director, has been asked to run the foundation.

I know lots of Chelsea fans who are all good lads, passionate about their club and supported them long before the Abramovich years, but I have little time for them as a club and there was definitely a part of me that was hoping the manufactured glory years they enjoyed under the Russian were over for good.

Your buying into a top 3/4 EPL team, based in London, have a very strong and expensive player pool and who have won UCL in past 5 years.

What price do you think there were going to sell for?

£3b purchase plus another £1.6b investment is about right tbh. There playing squad value must be close to a billion on it's own.

crazy money!!

Abramovich must be absolutely raging that he was forced into this,he doesnt get a penny of it either

The mind boggles

I still find it mental the uk government can basically just steal this guys business and divvy up the money how they please just because of who he once associated with.
Takes a theif to catch a thief sometimes
I think there was plenty of stealing the Russian peoples businesses and divvying up the money after the fall of communism
I doubt he is heading for skid row

another club who sold their soul
I always find this a very odd thing to say. What does sold their soul actually mean?

There are tens of thousands of life long Chelsea supporters who are absolutely delighted and have loved watching their club compete for and win the biggest prizes over the last 15 years.

I’m pretty sure the majority of us would be delighted if a billionaire bought Rangers and completely transformed our finances as well.

I always find this a very odd thing to say. What does sold their soul actually mean?

There are tens of thousands of life long Chelsea supporters who are absolutely delighted and have loved watching their club compete for and win the biggest prizes over the last 15 years.

I’m pretty sure the majority of us would be delighted if a billionaire bought Rangers and completely transformed our finances as well.
moved away from traditional ;)

To be fair a lot of life long Chelsea fans can't get tickets now because of tourists and mental prices. That said, they still have loved the last 15 years, even if watching on the telly.

They've known for years who he was associated with, even when Putin was trying to poison his enemies in the UK but turned a blind eye.
We've got Qatari's and Saudi's involved in the EPL splashing money around and they're all happy.
Palms will be getting greased left right and centre over this deal make no mistake.
Do we seriously think all the 2.5B will go to victims of war?
Abramovich 1.6B debt money will just sit in an account?

Abramovich made his money by purchasing Russian state owned assets in corrupt deals at grossly undervalued prices. No sympathy required.

Back