Sponsors - do you use them?

I don't get influenced by sponsors but shirt manufacturers kind of. Don't have any castore stuff that isn't rangers yet, but the fact they make our shirts makes me look into their gear more and consider it.

I think a lot of the sponsorships isn't to sell to fans so to speak but as said above - more to build respectability and a name for themselves. It turns "who Is biowavego? Are they trustworthy?" into "I've heard of them I think they're legit" which is invaluable

I don't bet, so 32Red is meaningless to me. Next time I buy tyres i'm tempted to give Tomket a go.

Bought a couple of Castore golf tops but I don’t buy anything connected to the mhanky mhob like adidas stuff.

Won a few hundred quid on Rangers to make the Europa final with Unibet, as they had the best odds.

Will never use them again. The app is utter unusable shite.

My first pint was a Mcewan's.

It was at our supporters clubs games night. My cousin asked if I wanted a pint, I was kinda put on the spot and I didn't really know any lagers at that time, first one that came into my head was Mcewan's, purely because they sponsored us.

My first ever can of lager was McEwans, back in about 1997 when I would’ve been 15. I had the choice of other Lagers but chose that because they sponsored us. Quite liked it. But it disappeared for the most part but I came across it about 10 years ago when I was at a smoker in a social club. I ordered a pint of it for old times sake and I can only describe it as ‘vile’. I know they’ve recently relaunched it as McE. Not in any hurry to try it again

I’ve never bought a pint of carling either :D

Horrible looking sponsor and that top lives on forever because of Helicopter Sunday.

No. Maybe the lager (McEwans) years ago but otherwise no.

More likely to not use stuff that sponsors them.

Sad but true.

Surely with the number of sponsors and partnerships we have, it must be more difficult not to use them?

The NordVPN advert on RTV is one of the worst things I’ve ever seen.

I use NordVPN but that advert is so cringe I'm going to bin it.

Still can't believe Bisgrove signed up with a company called Sporty Mongo. I'm convinced he shoots his load anytime he gets a LinkedIn DM from a pretty lady.

I’ve got Nord VPN and Castore non Rangers gear because of the rangers link. Would also be more likely to buy Molton brown as gifts for people

Yeah, I bought Nord VPN.

And I’ve just bought my new car from Parks for the first time.

However there’s a good chance I’d have done both those things anyway.

UniBet is the only one I’ve used.

Boy I know absolutely loves the normal Castore range.

Also can’t believe people are admitting to drinking Carling :oops:.

Parks of Hamilton (Bathgate). I emailed Hankook Tires, Official Main Partner in crime of that debacle last week for comment but I’ll be shocked if I get a response.

Boy who owns them is a multi multi millionaire and loves the Gers...staunch shirt and tie

W-BIOW6911.jpg
I went to school with him , he’s from cambuslang…

Afraid not...The same with advertising on the TV, its an opportunity to go and make a coffee without missing anything.

I used Nord VPN before they linked up with Rangers. Have ordered normal Castore stuff partly because of Rangers and partly because it’s normally very good. Their stuff for us can be really ropey.

McEwan's Lager could've bought us Maldini, Gullit and Van Basten, and I still wouldn't have been able to drink the stuff.

NordVPN is effing extortionate, especially when you consider that they don't even offer port-forwarding. Competitors aren't just a little cheaper, they're seriously cheaper.
My Nord subscription comes to an end this summer. I took it out in the early days of Gerrard leading us on our European rise to the top.

Hit me up with a Nord alternative. :))

My Nord subscription comes to an end this summer. I took it out in the early days of Gerrard leading us on our European rise to the top.

Hit me up with a Nord alternative. :))
If you only use your VPN occasionally, I can recommend a very good free VPN. It is called Privado and avilable at https://privadovpn.com/software

It doesn't have the same annoying petty restrictions that most other free VPN's do. The only restriction is 10 Gb per month. More than enough for my usage, although obviously won't be for heavy users.

There is no downside to trying it out. Well, you'll get daly emails inviting you to upgrade, but even these don't bother me as since day one they've gone straight into my spam folder.

Molton Brown, though I was using it well before the Rangers sponsorship.
I think I love it more now though :))

Apart from the fact that their sponsorship brings investment into the club, I can't see any actual benefits to us fans. There's no discount such as could be provided through a MyGers membership and, in the case of the Cadburys deal, I've never even come across a "Rangers" packaged bar of their chocolate.

Like others I buy Molton Brown products, sometimes as gifts, but I was doing that before they signed up with Rangers. I'd possibly buy more often if there was a financial incentive provided by their sponsorship.

A man who woke up in his advertised boxer shorts, turned off the alarm on his advertised mobile phone and went for a shower using his advertised shampoo and his advertised shower gel.

Then he ate his advertised cereal with his advertised (bread) toast and advertised butter from his advertised toaster mentioned to his wife that advertising was a load of shite, before leaving for work in his advertised car. :D

The almost perfect illustration of correlation not equalling causation.

A product being advertised is no indication that the purchase of the article was driven by the advertisement.

Personally I have never bought their stuff. They use us to promote themselves to a bigger audience but is that it?

I actually contacted one of the sponsors last year and I now have a very nice business relationship with them. Met them at the Dortmund game for the first time and it's been great so far.

I bought Nord but I used TopCashback. I was around £25 for 2 years subscription. In comparison we were getting offered 1 month free using a code via email from Rangers at the time.

Back