The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will easily get over £20m for Bassey, factor in Aribo and Kamara also potentially going and you are looking at around £45m minimum in sales.

Scary sums. Even getting half that budget should ensure the title
He has to get half of that surely?

I would like to see him getting 20 mill plus a % of other player sales.

Just read an interview with Alan Hutton saying hes spoken to Goldson a few times and thinks nothing has been decided with him and still a chance he will stay. Would be a boost.
If he were to sign a new deal, would there be a sense that staying wasn't his first choice and it would be down to potential moves away falling through?

I'm thinking a situation similar to Kyrgiakos in 2005.

Actually do you have a link to this?
If you Google "Hutton Goldson" there are a few links to articles in the past few days quoting Hutton.

TL;DR
Hutton thinks he wants to stay but there is a disagreement on contract value.

Could we give him a highly incentivised contract, where the bonuses equate to the transfer fee for a replacement?

If he were to sign a new deal, would there be a sense that staying wasn't his first choice and it would be down to potential moves away falling through?

Or maybe he’s just wanting the right deal for his family.
Read in here he wanted 4 year contract instead of 3 if that’s what it is give the man what he wants.

Read in here he wanted 4 year contract instead of 3 if that’s what it is give the man what he wants.
It been rumoured since last summer he was running down his contract and that's exactly how it's panned out.

GVB has said it's unlikely he will sign a new deal add in the constant talk his family want back down South.

I don't think the club would have haggled over an extra year more likely he wants more wages which we can't afford to give him and he has better offers elsewhere.

Big Goldson leaving or staying looks as if it is up to his wife and family. If they prefer England for the kids education and lifestyle then that is where he will go. I don't know how much he is on but even at 1ok a week, that is 520,000 pa and he has been on that for a number of years.

He doesn't have to work again ever and nor do his kids. Family is a big thing to a man and will be the main reason whether he stays or goes. Let's face it do you want the SNP to educate your kids especially if they are English?

The quote from Hutton:

“It’s one of those ones where he probably wants to stay at the club. After speaking to him a few times myself, I know that he loves being there and he wants to be there in the future.”

“But you have to reward these players for what they’ve given the club over the last X amount of seasons. I think that’s the sticking point at this moment in time.”

Completely different imo

The quote from Hutton:

“It’s one of those ones where he probably wants to stay at the club. After speaking to him a few times myself, I know that he loves being there and he wants to be there in the future.”

“But you have to reward these players for what they’ve given the club over the last X amount of seasons. I think that’s the sticking point at this moment in time.”

Sounds like there’s a chance then…

We're allegedly chasing a Colombian forward -

RANGERS have made contact in an attempt to land their next Colombian star, reports say.

Russian TV commentator Roman Naguchev suggested Gers had already made contact regarding forward Mateo Cassierra.

Mateo Cassierra
Mateo Cassierra
He claims Rangers reached out to Sochi regarding his availability.

The forward bagged 14 goals from 22 appearances in the Russian Premier League, helping guide Sochi to second spot.

The 25-year-old also chipped in with four assists.

That form appears to have alerted the Rangers hierarchy, who have Colombia international Alfredo Morelos still within their ranks.

The quote from Hutton:

Reading that, it could easily mean that Hutton spoke to him about a year ago. Hope he stays either way

Why would fans be begging for a player to be made a captain who has played about half the games available? With the greatest respect, sounds like a lot of pish.
No clue mate, Im not an arsenal fan. But a quick look on twitter shows that many of them feel that way.

I am a huge Goldson fan and team will be worse off without his robustness and presence in it.

HOWEVER.....

Goldson will likely want to be our highest earner. If we cave in, then makes it even harder to negotiate with agents of Kent, Morelos and Aribo.

On paper, sure, Goldson likely earns the right to be amongst our highest earners next season or season after...however say we gave him a 4 year deal... do we want him being our highest earner at 32/33?!

I can see why Wilson et al have a wage structure and need to stick to it.

RANGERS have made contact in an attempt to land their next Colombian star, reports say.

Russian TV commentator Roman Naguchev suggested Gers had already made contact regarding forward Mateo Cassierra.

Mateo Cassierra
Mateo Cassierra

The forward bagged 14 goals from 22 appearances in the Russian Premier League, helping guide Sochi to second spot.

That form appears to have alerted the Rangers hierarchy, who have Colombia international Alfredo Morelos still within their ranks.
His name was mentioned on here before.

The whole Russian situation will complicate this deal beyond belief.

Mateo Cassierra
Mateo Cassierra

Was from a few months back. Signing him now could be very problematic

Just read an interview with Alan Hutton saying hes spoken to Goldson a few times and thinks nothing has been decided with him and still a chance he will stay. Would be a boost.

Probably nothing in it but still hold out some hope he might stay given he hasn't done a goodbye message yet on Instagram.

Mateo Cassierra
Mateo Cassierra

This actually sounds promising if true.

Mateo Cassierra
Mateo Cassierra

We were linked with this guy before was either in the summer or in January

Screenshot-2022-05-25-at-14-23-12.png

He's liked the post. Surely confirmation it's happening!?

I don't believe that's the sticking point. We'd have surely offered him that if it was.

Wouldn't out goings be easy ?
If he breaks his contract. At the moment there isn't a definitive answer from FIFA on whether players are allowed to do this permanently.

Erik Botheim recently left his team and is a free agent.

Obviously we aren't allowed to trade with Russian teams, so we can't buy him.

I am a huge Goldson fan and team will be worse off without his robustness and presence in it.

HOWEVER.....

Goldson will likely want to be our highest earner. If we cave in, then makes it even harder to negotiate with agents of Kent, Morelos and Aribo.

On paper, sure, Goldson likely earns the right to be amongst our highest earners next season or season after...however say we gave him a 4 year deal... do we want him being our highest earner at 32/33?!

I can see why Wilson et al have a wage structure and need to stick to it.

Goldson probably should be level with our top earners
partly due to his reliability

Goldson probably should be level with our top earners
partly due to his reliability

I agree but perhaps only for 2 years at most! Would you want him tied down as top earner for 4 if that is contract length he is after?

Also, if it takes us to break our wage structure to sign him then we end up having to break for all the rest. It maybe escalates. Can see both sides here.

What if we are waiting on his (Goldson) contract expiring then we can offer him a singing on fee and still keep him within our wage structure?

Mateo Cassierra
Mateo Cassierra

is he same Columbia player we were interested in that played for sheriff in champions league ?

For months now, you’ve just dropped statements in various speculation threads, without any source or substance to back them up and passed it off as fact. You also never reply to anyone who replies to you.

What’s this based on? Or you will you live up to your name of posting nonsense and not responding?
It might add some sense as to why he apparently hasn't signed for anyone else yet.

I heard we were linked with a Austrian lad Dick Hertz. He likes a hard tackle.

More seriously if Goldson wants a deal then we should structure his pay as say 3 mil as a lump sum up front and then fit him in the wage system at the top tier.It will cost double that for a decent replacement.

Mateo Cassierra
Mateo Cassierra

What's the script with dealing with Russian clubs? Can we buy from them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back