The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The poster I’ve replied to, frequently talks nonsense. Pull’s the pin on grenade, drops sweeping statements, then never responds.
To his credit, he did say about the orange tops & sportemongo sponsor still being on it.

But he did also say a club tabled 50k a week wages to him and he'd stay if we matched it...

Which ain't happening :D

What's the script with dealing with Russian clubs? Can we buy from them?
Media would have a field day especially if a fee was involved.

Was there not something about foreign players could walk away from there contracts ?

Could be a very difficult situation.

The quote from Hutton:

“It’s one of those ones where he probably wants to stay at the club. After speaking to him a few times myself, I know that he loves being there and he wants to be there in the future.”

“But you have to reward these players for what they’ve given the club over the last X amount of seasons. I think that’s the sticking point at this moment in time.”

223 appearances in 4 years easy to see why Goldson feels that way.

Gerrard knows first hand about our assets being undervalued, and he's essentially got a blank chequebook this summer.

If Villa try and stiff us on the fee for Bassey, he can go %^*& himself. Opening bid of 25m bare minimum to be expected dealing with him now.

And perhaps set a precedent for other players?
The club cannot cut its nose of to spite it's face. It maintains a wage structure and hopefully we will not be held in this position on too many more occasions. The alternative is shell out 5/6 mil on something that may not pay off.

I have no idea why people would be worried about making a guy like goldson a top earner (a, not necessarily thee) on a 4 year deal. By that time he will be 34. He is never injured and is an incredible athlete. Having Goldson in the team at 34 wouldnt bother me at all if he continued to look after himself. He is a leader on and off the park .

The club cannot cut its nose of to spite it's face. It maintains a wage structure and hopefully we will not be held in this position on too many more occasions. The alternative is shell out 5/6 mil on something that may not pay off.
Completely agree. To replace Goldson's ability and availability for 5m would be extremely difficult i think. add to that that a player coming for 5m probably wants goldson level wages anyway.

Completely agree. To replace Goldson's ability and availability for 5m would be extremely difficult i think. add to that that a player coming for 5m probably wants goldson level wages anyway.
What happened to the boy Bazoer that we were linked with? Thought he looked good in the clips I seen (I know don't judge players from Youtube clips)

I have no idea why people would be worried about making a guy like goldson a top earner (a, not necessarily thee) on a 4 year deal. By that time he will be 34. He is never injured and is an incredible athlete. Having Goldson in the team at 34 wouldnt bother me at all if he continued to look after himself. He is a leader on and off the park .

Tbh. If you signed Goldson for 5k on a 3 year contract. Gave him a crack at the Champions League, we could sell him next year a recoup any money you spent on him fairly easily.

The problem is, from what i heard, its Goldsons wife wanting to move back closer to home. Dont think money is the motivating factor

This is exactly my thinking - plus centre backs tend to peak around early to mid thirties these days, I'd be absolutely buzzing if he signed a 4 year deal.

What if we are waiting on his (Goldson) contract expiring then we can offer him a singing on fee and still keep him within our wage structure?
We would be renewing his contract and replacing the old one. That’s how players get new contracts mid season. This sentence has almost confused me.

Tbh. If you signed Goldson for 5k on a 3 year contract. Gave him a crack at the Champions League, we could sell him next year a recoup any money you spent on him fairly easily.

The problem is, from what i heard, its Goldsons wife wanting to move back closer to home. Dont think money is the motivating factor
So people are saying but I have no idea if its true or not.

We would be renewing his contract and replacing the old one. That’s how players get new contracts mid season. This sentence has almost confused me.
Do you get a signing on fee though if renewing / extending mid season?

Genuine question as i wasn't aware, I don't play FM.

Making Goldson our highest earner at 50k per week would still be cheaper than buying a new CB of the same level (accounting for transfer fee and wages for that player). I do think it will likely be the family thing that takes him back down south though.

Liverpool are in the same issue with Salah. He’s arguably the best player in the world at the moment and even they are dithering over offering him a contract for 4 years at wages they see as outwith their wage structure. It’s a risk as they can both get half way through a 4 year contract and soon you have someone who doesn’t merit the wage you gave them 2 years ago. We would also need to give him an increase worth staying for. What is he on just now? What % increase would we need to provide for a new contract? Our first team costs sit at about £33m currently. bump everyone ip and we easily get to £40m, including pensions and NI. No resale value on the high outlay either (I understand not all players will but look at our potential return on Bassey)

Goldsons wife will just find him kicking about the kitchen p*shed like this for the next 20 months IMO.

1487001906-lostjack.gif

Making Goldson our highest earner at 50k per week would still be cheaper than buying a new CB of the same level (accounting for transfer fee and wages for that player). I do think it will likely be the family thing that takes him back down south though.
50k a week is 10.4m over 4 years, before pension and NI. We could buy somebody with massive resale potential for £5m and offer them £25k a week and get every penny back and then some. Or you could buy 2 centre backs at 2.5m each and offer them 12.5k starting wage for the same outlay. What you suggest, imo, is not a good use of funds.

Do you get a signing on fee though if renewing / extending mid season?

Genuine question as i wasn't aware, I don't play FM.
Yes you can call it whatveee you want but you can offer players up front fees when they sign a new contract. On fm it might be called a loyalty bonus, but it’s all the same thing.

Let's just say my confidence in Wilson is low.

We'll see.

Wilson got £16mil for Patterson who was very much a back up player for us for around 18 months. Why wouldn't you be confident of him getting more for a first team player who has excelled in Europe?

Wilson got £16mil for Patterson who was very much a back up player for us for around 18 months. Why wouldn't you be confident of him getting more for a first team player who has excelled in Europe?
He got 12 million for Patterson, the rest is performance based extras, and it's hardly went well for him so far, unfortunately.

50k a week is 10.4m over 4 years, before pension and NI. We could buy somebody with massive resale potential for £5m and offer them £25k a week and get every penny back and then some. Or you could buy 2 centre backs at 2.5m each and offer them 12.5k starting wage for the same outlay. What you suggest, imo, is not a good use of funds.
50k is on the very very high end, we won't pay anyone 50k. I'm assuming our highest-paid player will be around 35k. That number was just to illustrate how costly replacing Goldson would be instead of trying everything we can to make sure he stays.

We know exactly how good Goldson is, and there won't be many CBs available out there as good as he is that are as reliable fitness-wise as he is. If it's not completely off the table that he wants to stay, then I would definitely make him our highest-paid player.

Shopping in the £5m range is also never going to be completely reliable. Just look across the city for evidence of that.

Gerrard knows first hand about our assets being undervalued, and he's essentially got a blank chequebook this summer.

If Villa try and stiff us on the fee for Bassey, he can go %^*& himself. Opening bid of 25m bare minimum to be expected dealing with him now.
Do you have a source for that?

We're allegedly chasing a Colombian forward -

RANGERS have made contact in an attempt to land their next Colombian star, reports say.

Russian TV commentator Roman Naguchev suggested Gers had already made contact regarding forward Mateo Cassierra.

Mateo Cassierra
Mateo Cassierra
He claims Rangers reached out to Sochi regarding his availability.

The forward bagged 14 goals from 22 appearances in the Russian Premier League, helping guide Sochi to second spot.

The 25-year-old also chipped in with four assists.

That form appears to have alerted the Rangers hierarchy, who have Colombia international Alfredo Morelos still within their ranks.
Have to say he looks distinctly average from the Youtube compilation, and that's supposed to be his highlights.

Do you have a source for that?
Nope, just conjecture on my part from the fact the owners are richer than any club down there not backed by an Arab state and they're desperate to get the squad into Europe ASAP. They're linked with about five players a day, which will be coming from somewhere.

Unsellable assets are unsellable. That's where this hypothesis fails.

Nope, just conjecture on my part from the fact the owners are richer than any club down there not backed by an Arab state and they're desperate to get the squad into Europe ASAP. They're linked with about five players a day, which will be coming from somewhere.
A blank cheque though, in that league, could mean anything, and will be comparative.

The quote from Hutton:

“It’s one of those ones where he probably wants to stay at the club. After speaking to him a few times myself, I know that he loves being there and he wants to be there in the future.”

“But you have to reward these players for what they’ve given the club over the last X amount of seasons. I think that’s the sticking point at this moment in time.”
Where is this from please?

That's too high, at any cost to the club in the short term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back