The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making Goldson our highest earner at 50k per week would still be cheaper than buying a new CB of the same level (accounting for transfer fee and wages for that player). I do think it will likely be the family thing that takes him back down south though.

Then there’s a precedence set. What about when Alfredo’s contract expires, Kent’s or Aribo’s. Do we give these guys £50k-£60k per week.

Then new signings coming into the club will have us over a barrel.

It’s financial suicide!

Also the Goldson we had over the last 3-4yrs isn’t going to be the same Goldson over the next 3-4yrs.

I like Goldson a lot especially having an everpresent un injurable player and in the 55 season his defending was amazing. A fair bit less so this season. Mistakes were made. And no man is bigger than the club.

We have seen all too closely what happens if you disregard wage structures and budgets. We make him the offer we see value in. He says no, we replace him. Good luck and with all my well wishes for what he has given us. We have also given him medals, memories, European football, a European final, financial security and the thing he needed that noone would give him after his heart problems; As Much football as he could play anywhere.

I own a very sexy pair of royal blue tinted specs but to me playing at a full Ibrox in European semi finals and old firm games fighting for a treble. Short of playing for the superclubs, is about the peak of the game there is. You don't start playing football for the money.

get the players in early and they can get a good pre season

Who remembers the transfer threads during the Caixhina era,Felt like we were signing 3 a week lol

Some of us have been saying this for quite a few seasons now.
The fact we haven't been able to sign a striker with a similar style to Morelos is unforgivable.

I'm not saying find a like for like striker that would be incredibly difficult and expensive of course.

But considering our style of play and everything Morelos brings why we haven't looked for an all round physical striker who can lead the line ?

Roofe lacks physicality and Sakala and Itten aren't good enough we need that differential striker to help take the burden of Morelos and give us a different option.

Re. Goldson, I took notice of this intriguing wee quote from McCoist talking about him after the Cup Final -

“Connor is interesting. I know they’ve offered him something and it will be interesting to see what happens. But from Rangers’ point of view I think it would be great if he stayed as he is a really good player.”

The fact we haven't been able to sign a striker with a similar style to Morelos is unforgivable.

I'm not saying find a like for like striker that would be incredibly difficult and expensive of course.

But considering our style of play and everything Morelos brings why we haven't looked for an all round physical striker who can lead the line is up for debate.

Roofe lacks physicality and Sakala and Itten aren't good enough.
Not sure I could name you a similar player to morelos still playing. I agree however that a strong areal threat has been sorely missed. Why have tav and borna of we have noone to get on the end of their crosses!!!!

Then there’s a precedence set. What about when Alfredo’s contract expires, Kent’s or Aribo’s. Do we give these guys £50k-£60k per week.

Then new signings coming into the club will have us over a barrel.

It’s financial suicide!

Also the Goldson we had over the last 3-4yrs isn’t going to be the same Goldson over the next 3-4yrs.
Wonder who actually was our highest paid player of the years

I know Jonas Thern and Ronald De Bore were on £40k a week many many moons ago

I heard we were linked with a Austrian lad Dick Hertz. He likes a hard tackle.

More seriously if Goldson wants a deal then we should structure his pay as say 3 mil as a lump sum up front and then fit him in the wage system at the top tier.It will cost double that for a decent replacement.

So he gets that but we don’t give more valuable younger players that ?

As I’ve said before on Goldson, is he a player we break rules & precedents for ?

Not for me.

I’m fairly relaxed about Goldson going and being replaced by Souttar with the other players we still have but if Bassey goes also I’d be very concerned, even if we get a large fee! That’s our proven centre back pairing both off the same window. Even the best players in the world will take a while to get up to speed, and Goldson/Tav on the right and Bassey/Borna on the left are partnerships that’s developed very well

I’m fairly relaxed about Goldson going and being replaced by Souttar with the other players we still have but if Bassey goes also I’d be very concerned, even if we get a large fee! That’s our proven centre back pairing both off the same window. Even the best players in the world will take a while to get up to speed, and Goldson/Tav on the right and Bassey/Borna on the left are partnerships that’s developed very well
replacing goldson with souttar is crazy and i hope we still get someone else in of higher quality when goldson leaves

goldsons hardly missed any games his years at the club and souttar is injured more often then not

dunno how you can compare the 2

then you through in helander who seems to be made of glass and leon balagon whos not much better

we sure have a steady defense need season instead of chopping and changing it

Kent absolutely,Aribo no great loss.
That's an incredible comment.

Goal contributions this season,
Kent - 18 (3 goals, 15 assists)
Aribo -19 (9 goals, 10 assists)

Triple his goal tally despite the fact that Kent played in the front 3 all season and Aribo played in the midfield 3 for almost the whole season.

Goal contributions are only one thing to consider but Aribo adds a lot to our midfield, how some people don't see that I don't know. Not to mention his versatility, what an asset to the squad.

Last edited:
B01ERWBOCO.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500_.jpg

So you can tell if a player is going or staying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back