My Gers - Route to Gold

Jasper1872

Being realistic does anyone know how long it takes to get from Bronze to Gold.

Feels like an impossible task as no doubt by the time you get to gold the thresholds will move out further.

Yep, for me (High ho Silver) it doesn't make sense. I only go to home matches - and even then only at the weekends as I work away.

I'm on the CCCS scheme and my tickets are always used for home mid week matches.

It's lucky, the MyGers came off when I was arranging my own ticket for Seville, otherwise I woukd have binned it.

If you exhibit gold level behaviours, you'll build enough points to be gold in 5 years.

Or is it reducing to 3 seasons and potentially an even shorter period?

Either way, it's a rolling seasonal scheme.

If you tick all the boxes, apply for every ticket and go to every game you can - you'll probably be Gold within 3-5 years. If you buy a few extras like RTV, Edmiston House etc. - you definitely will.

For the most part, Gold MyGers members aren't cheating anybody. They've just been to loads of games for 5 years.

Will be very difficult as those in gold get significantly more opportunities to earn points ( e,g European aways) and the gap will only increase

In effect for certain games it is now a closed shop
This is correct. There is no chance of getting into gold when they get offered more tickets.

I am mid to high silver and will have fallen behind considerably the gold tier as I was only offered three aways and 1 euro away despite applying across the board.

Not sure what the answer is but this isn’t going to work once we are down to 3 year cycles, everyone on cccs and applying for everything and yet getting nowhere near the tickets and falling further behind the top 5%.

MyGers points you say - interesting to know how many points you get for away Europa semi final and final :))

The system is a closed shop. No-one is starting out and getting gold now. It was a case of right place, right time.
Do points not drop off after so many years? That might help some.

I'm in bronze and it'll take me long enough to reach silver never mind gold, but that's the nature of almost all loyalty schemes.

IMO They will change it for a new scheme at some point, the same as they have done with every other one, travel club etc. One of the reasons I didn't rejoin as twice I have went from top tier to staring over.

Points drop off every season. If you tick all the boxes and go to all the games you could.
But you couldn’t because you don’t get the opportunities to buy tickets (which generates the points) that others with the points already on the board do.

One season might make a bit of a difference here or there but not enough, especially to those starting out/at the bottom.

Points drop off every season. If you tick all the boxes and go to all the games you could.
There is nothing anymore for ticking boxes, you only get the points for buying the games whether it be CCCS or individually

They tried to avoid a closed shop and created one instead, I'll be high gold after the next update I think but it must be hard for those in bronze looking at certain fixtures knowing you'll never get anywhere near a ticket.

There’s no point joining it now if you haven’t already. It’s a closed shop
It's going to a rolling three year deal so in three years you're going to have had the same opportunities as every other person to build points. When the new count starts a year is going to have been missed due to covid so it's all going to bunch up, as its effectively two years thats going to be counted.

there should be plenty scope for people to attend away euro games should they wish given we will have qualifiers / group games, plus will not have same covid issues with capacity next season

Opposition & country does have a lot to do with it, if you fancy trips to north Macedonia etc you won’t be having any issues getting a ticket, just need to see what the draw is

(And factor in people paying off Seville / this seasons amount of euro away games, )

Thats why i put reasonably high because i wasnt quite high enough silver
In the same boat, Season ticket for 40 years, on CCS since it started, never bothered linking my RTV purchases to myGers or using the discount on things I bought from the shop, didn’t seem that important what level I was on.
Feck, did I feel a tit when they were allocating E.L. Final tickets!
Oh well you live and feck things up.:eek:

Does anyone have any sort of idea what the points tiers might look like for this upcoming season.

With the system dropping to a rolling 3 year period I would imagine things will be a hell of a lot tighter with lots more joining gold.

Can you get mygers point for buying hospitality? I’ve only got ~100pt but do quite a lot of hospitality
But usually one guy buys it and we all chip in so not getting the credit if indeed you do get pts

Subscribe to RTV for 3 years, buy all programmes online, attend every home game regardless of competition and apply for every away ticket and give it away/sell it is about your only chance.

Does anyone have any sort of idea what the points tiers might look like for this upcoming season.

With the system dropping to a rolling 3 year period I would imagine things will be a hell of a lot tighter with lots more joining gold.
Someone on a previous post a couple of weeks ago guessed 1450-1200 for gold I think

Subscribe to RTV for 3 years, buy all programmes online, attend every home game regardless of competition and apply for every away ticket and give it away/sell it is about your only chance.
You will hardly get an away ticket if you are in bronze.

Essentially you have to buy every bit of mygers points gaining thing on the go.

That will get you some way into silver and thats about it.

The folks in gold generally go everywhere and will continue to do so. To get into gold from bronze people would need to be getting 10/20 games over others in gold over a couple of seasons to even get close to closing the gap.

Its never happening.

I would assume they would manage the numbers in the tiers. It would be the easiest way otherwise everyone with a season ticket becomes gold.

If you’ve applied for all away tickets and took whatever offered you’ll get the same points regardless of tier or amount.

Mygers is a waste of time and money.
It's a closed shop to mid silver and below.
I am reasonably positive with MyGers. It allowed me to shift to where I roughly wanted to sit. Prior to not being a member, nothing happened. So, that was a bonus. In the first year I’ve managed to build up some extra points with RTV and such. 120 points for a season ticket. 90 points for attending games. RTV is I think 40 points. European games, Cup games, Rangers Store, for sure, the points start to accrue. Within 3 years should be reasonable level for semi-finals and Finals. It just takes time and patience. I have to say, I was also impressed with the MyGers package. A great set of souvenirs.

When is the new points update due? Am sure in told you in the last mygers email but I have deleted mine

Mid July is the next update.

Posted on a thread a few weeks ago. Estimated that the maximum points will be around 1450, this will depend on how the allocate points for domestic away games from last season

By the end of next season there will be about 35k + members on very similar points.

The club want people to by all sorts of shite they don’t want / need (programmes, rtv, b team games, womens games etc) to try and get ahead of the pack.

Loyalty = who’s got the most disposable money.

Those that do mostly all Euro aways and domestic games will be fine though and rightly so.

I am reasonably positive with MyGers. It allowed me to shift to where I roughly wanted to sit. Prior to not being a member, nothing happened. So, that was a bonus. In the first year I’ve managed to build up some extra points with RTV and such. 120 points for a season ticket. 90 points for attending games. RTV is I think 40 points. European games, Cup games, Rangers Store, for sure, the points start to accrue. Within 3 years should be reasonable level for semi-finals and Finals. It just takes time and patience. I have to say, I was also impressed with the MyGers package. A great set of souvenirs.
25 points for standard annual RTV subscription.
No MyGers points for store purchases.

By the end of next season there will be about 35k + members on very similar points.

The club want people to by all sorts of shite they don’t want / need (programmes, rtv, b team games, womens games etc) to try and get ahead of the pack.

Loyalty = who’s got the most disposable money.

Those that do mostly all Euro aways and domestic games will be fine though and rightly so.

I think they'll start to introduce points for applying for Euro aways, like the Travel Club did.

Back