Absolutely outraged at this behaviour at a primary school

PMB1872

My 6 year old son was attacked today at school by one of the kids in his class because he said he supported Rangers. One of the Tim kids punched him several times in his face and neck. (I might add that there’s an RC primary less than 100 yards away but there somehow are 5 Tims in his class,) While I am very much anti Celtic I have told him repeatedly if other kids in your class support other teams that’s absolutely fine. I am absolutely fucking raging. We are contacting the Head Teacher tomorrow to say if she doesn’t do something about it we’re going to the Education Department at Glasgow City Council and kicking up absolute %^*&.

My 6 year old son was attacked today at school by one of the kids in his class because he said he supported Rangers. One of the Tim kids punched him several times in his face and neck. (I might add that there’s an RC primary less than 100 yards away but there somehow are 5 Tims in his class,) While I am very much anti Celtic I have told him repeatedly if other kids in your class support other teams that’s absolutely fine. I am absolutely fucking raging. We are contacting the Head Teacher tomorrow to say if she doesn’t do something about it we’re going to the Education Department at Glasgow City Council and kicking up absolute %^*&.

Shocking this happened in primary school. Should find out where he stays and give his da a fukn visit

WATP

Remember and ask the head teacher which foot he kicks with

He is probably a rhabid

At very least they should be contacting the other boy's parents to inform them and warn them about repeat instances. It is easy to say but please mind and keep yourself calm and collected, but firm, when dealing with the HT. No point losing the plot and making yourself seem in the wrong to them.

Primary school. Kids normally act like this because of parental influences. They copy and see how adults act towards rangers fans and act out accordingly.

Dreading it happening to my boy as well as there’s nothing for it other than for him to stand up for himself and give twice as much back. Nothing else works.

Take it up with the local snp (probably) and see what happens or get this into the media (ffs) no chance, i would be visiting the father of this little animal accompanied with a baseball bat but you know where that would get you in this shitty little country, or you could try contacting the clubs PR department with this little story

I had an issue with my daughter's school, not violence right enough, and I went to director if education in the local council. Works wonders let me tell you. Especially when you inform them that you are giving them their place before contacting MSP and Education Minister.
Good luckbOP and hope you get it resolved.

Get off social media and learn your son to defend himself. Jeessuuss fkn wept.

That’s shocking, report it to the head teacher and follow up to see what action is taken.
These days, primary school children walloping each other is a serious incident. You could add the sectarian aspect of it as well.

My kids go to a RC school down here (long story) and one of the kids told my daughter that Rangers fans don’t believe in God when she said that her Daddy supported the Bears.
I’d had the kid’s rabid Shinner dad in my sights for a while so took the opportunity to give him both barrels.
He claimed to have no idea where his child was getting such ideas from… I suggested that such views are usually established in the home and he went purple.

Have to say that the school has a fine collection of Union Jacks and portraits of the Queen done by the kids strung up along the gates just now. Not something I guess you would find outside your average RC primary in Scotland unfortunatey.

I remember in the seventies, being six years old walking to school and every morning having to walk past the bus stop where the catholic kids would wait to get picked up by their bus to be taken to the local bigot factory. Every morning I'd be kicked, punched and spat on but, hey, it's the big bad prods who are sectarian.

Sorry to hear that bud. I know it’s not the right thing to do at all but if it was my boy I’d probably be finding the parents and threatening to kick the old man’s c**t in if he doesn’t sort his horrible wee bastard of a son out.

Kids of that age have been fighting and hitting each other at schools since time immemorial

It's really worrying the wee guy was attacked because he said he likes Rangers ,because the other 6'year-old shouldn't be that triggered about someone's football team ,probably deeper issues here .

Probably RB Leipzig fans. I’d contact your MP.

Amazing that parents can instil that kind of behaviour in their kids. That is a child that has come from a hate filled family. Not even sure what the correct response is - doubt the school will do anything proper, or the authorities overall.

You'd be tempted to find the parents and smash the %^*& out of them but would that just cause more problems.

Sorry to hear about the wee lad though and I hope he's OK?

Make sure you get anything they promise to do in writing, and if you get any emails...save them all.

Education are notorious for "getting wires crossed" when it comes to pupil behaviour

The only way the school will take it seriously will be if you claim that your child was subjected to a sectarian assault. Make no mistake, if it was the other way round, that's exactly how it would be reported to the school.

If it was the other way around they would be saying it was a vile racially motivated assault

I have a feeling the school will deny it happened unless you have proof. They don't want this sort of behaviour on the school record.

Take it up with the local snp (probably) and see what happens or get this into the media (ffs) no chance, i would be visiting the father of this little animal accompanied with a baseball bat but you know where that would get you in this shitty little country, or you could try contacting the clubs PR department with this little story

The media? No offence to the OP but schoolyard antics isn't news.

I'd be going to the school in the first instance but this can be hit and miss as some head teachers are utterly useless where this kind of thing is concerned, pretty much ignoring the incident whilst giving you a baseless assurance that it wont happen again.

Don't let that happen.

Back