The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to say he looks distinctly average from the Youtube compilation, and that's supposed to be his highlights.

Vos, GvB and co will know all about him. He was highly rated when he moved to Ajax.

Good scoring record this season. Hard working, physical, holds the ball up well, still a bit of a hit or miss at times going by articles, reports etc. Again, our Dutch management team will know all about the lad.

People will regret not appreciating Aribo while he was here and he ends up being replaced by a Ferguson or Maclean plodder.

Aribo has magic in his feet.
Agreed. People are incredibly fickle. Aribo was our star man until he went off to AFCON in January. He was off the boil a bit after that, most likely because he was knackered.

Last edited:
With Kent, it is important that we also highlight his ability to win penalties. They aren't assists, but he wins us a lot of penalties through his dribbling and pace inside the box.
Yeh it's certainly worth noting when it’s above average.

The fact we haven't been able to sign a striker with a similar style to Morelos is unforgivable.

I'm not saying find a like for like striker that would be incredibly difficult and expensive of course.

But considering our style of play and everything Morelos brings why we haven't looked for an all round physical striker who can lead the line ?

Roofe lacks physicality and Sakala and Itten aren't good enough we need that differential striker to help take the burden of Morelos and give us a different option.
Roofe lacks physicality? I’ve seen it all now ffs

50k a week is 10.4m over 4 years, before pension and NI. We could buy somebody with massive resale potential for £5m and offer them £25k a week and get every penny back and then some. Or you could buy 2 centre backs at 2.5m each and offer them 12.5k starting wage for the same outlay. What you suggest, imo, is not a good use of funds.
We're not paying anyone £50k a week.

It's a balancing act of increased terms to current players who have being doing an excellent job or replacing them with others who may not settle quite as well, quite as quickly.

Stick or twist.

It's a balancing act of increased terms to current players who have being doing an excellent job or replacing them with others who may not settle quite as well, quite as quickly.

Stick or twist.
I know we ain’t, I’m illustrating a point to someone using 50k as an example.

If some of the stories regarding Goldson are true, particularly where Alan Hutton is quoted, then I wonder how negotiable it will be for the club to persuade him to say. In other words, is it possible for a middle ground to exist where both sides are happy to negotiate on?

Stick or twist.
You also may factor in sell on value and Goldson at his age has little sell on value 3 yrs down the line.

Wasn't going to post this, but it is a rumours thread after all! Work with Ross Stewart's best mate (bitter one of them) He was saying that we were intrested in January along with a few championship sides, Swansea in particular, Swansea willing to pay 30k a week.

He was on 4k a week in league one, goes upto 14k now Sunderland have been promoted. One year left on his deal, i think

Wasn't going to post this, but it is a rumours thread after all! Work with Ross Stewart's best mate (bitter one of them) He was saying that we were intrested in January along with a few championship sides, Swansea in particular, Swansea willing to pay 30k a week.

He was on 4k a week in league one, goes upto 14k now Sunderland have been promoted. One year left on his deal, i think
Scored a cracker at the weekend but not seen enough of him . My mate who is a Sunderland fan said he is strong , quick and scores goals . That is league 1 tho.

He's never a £30k p/w striker - and Sunderland will want a decent fee.

30k a week. Hope we're nowhere near him at those wages.

Reactions: fmp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back