The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don’t blame Wilson for the shitfest of a transfer window that cost us the league?
No money to sign anybody on a permanent contract, but it's his fault ?
Nobody knows what was happening. Let's not forget we had an ongoing court case with the Fat Man, which could have gone against us. What if we lose and we have to pay him loads? Admin? Borrow millions from our directors?

No money to sign anybody on a permanent contract, but it's his fault ?
Nobody knows what was happening. Let's not forget we had an ongoing court case with the Fat Man, which could have gone against us. What if we lose and we have to pay him loads? Admin? Borrow millions from our directors?
Mate he found the money to pay a fecking crock that played a couple of hours in 5 months.
A utter disgraceful signing when we were desperate for a forward and a centre back.

Hope this doesn't turn into a Ross Wilson bashing thread. I trust the club to get it right this window. We probably took our foot off the gas last season with the rebuild sellik had on, the club probably thought keep who we've got and we will skoosh the league again. We've just been to European final and our stock is high, would be surprised if we didn't spend a few quid and bring in quality

Completely agree. To replace Goldson's ability and availability for 5m would be extremely difficult i think. add to that that a player coming for 5m probably wants goldson level wages anyway.
As with everything in terms of new transfers/signings, it all depends on the competency of a club's scouting network. Celtic did okay picking up Carter-Vickers why couldn't Rangers do the same.

Mate he found the money to pay a fecking crock that played a couple of hours in 5 months.
A utter disgraceful signing when we were desperate for a forward and a centre back.
Ramsey cost us very little over his time here.
I assume you can find your post when we signed Ramsay and Diallo and you were raging ?
I don't think our central defenders let's us down from February till end of season.
Imagine only winning Scottish cup and getting to EUL cup final, what a disaster eh?

Hope this doesn't turn into a Ross Wilson bashing thread. I trust the club to get it right this window. We probably took our foot off the gas last season with the rebuild sellik had on, the club probably thought keep who we've got and we will skoosh the league again. We've just been to European final and our stock is high, would be surprised if we didn't spend a few quid and bring in quality

But Wilson deserves to be bashed. His failure to perform due diligence in the loan signings of Dialo and especially Ramsey, IMO cost us the league and the Europa Cup. Imagine the difference that would have been made had Gio been given two really effective loan signings who had game-changing capability instead of a half fit player along with another lacking completely in big-match experience.

I assume you can find your post when we signed Ramsay and Diallo and you were raging ?
I don't think our central defenders let's us down from February till end of season.
Imagine only winning Scottish cup and getting to EUL cup final, what a disaster eh?
Nope like a idiot I bought into the Ramsey hype like everyone else.
Just because we got him though shouldn’t have stopped us getting a CB and CF.

Does Wilson get no credit for being involved in signing Bassey?
If you are happy with the guy's performance there's not much I can say. Bassey's recent development has more to do with coaching than foresight by Wilson. Ask yourself the question - who did better in the 2 recent transfer windows ourselves or the bheasts?

Does Wilson get no credit for being involved in signing Bassey?
Doesn't work out like that. He gets critisised for players that don't work out but gets no credit when they do.

Also when he doesn't sign players and spend money thats all his fault rather than board decision or taking into account our losses last year.

End of Jan 99% of fans were happy with loan signings

If you are happy with the guy's performance there's not much I can say. Bassey's recent development has more to do with coaching than foresight by Wilson. Ask yourself the question - who did better in the 2 recent transfer windows ourselves or the bheasts?
I’ve got plenty of criticism for him but also praise for some of the players we’ve brought in. I’m not sure you can do one but not the other tbh.

January was a poor window when we look back on it now

Not really excited by any of the more substantial rumours I've seen lately to be honest.

Thought we'd be shopping in better places now that we have a bit more cash.

Ultimately we’re not going to see or hear anything concrete for a week or two with players being away on holiday with their families for a bit.

It’s going to be 100% guesswork and conjecture until then.

Making Goldson our highest earner at 50k per week would still be cheaper than buying a new CB of the same level (accounting for transfer fee and wages for that player). I do think it will likely be the family thing that takes him back down south though.
He's not a 50k per week player.

Nope like a idiot I bought into the Ramsey hype like everyone else.
Just because we got him though shouldn’t have stopped us getting a CB and CF.
I honestly don't understand why we needed another central defender. A striker yes, but we brought back Itten who might have done us a turn.
I'd take a UEL final any day with this squad of players. Kent scores in 118 minutes and I'd still be too pissed to contribute.

How about the Europa Cup? Your completely missing the point re. Ramsey. When contemplating signing Ramsey on loan, did Wilson: a) ask Ramsey about his current injury, b) ask Juve to provide his medical records, c) ask a Rangers doctor to examine Ramsey, d) have a detailed discussion re. the medical findings along with the pros and cons of signing Ramsey with the manager and his staff? This is what should have taken place, but it clearly didn't, otherwise we wouldn't have ended up with a passenger for the entire 2nd half of the season.

It wasn't poor it was a disaster
Disaster is a bit extreme. In hindsight we should’ve brought in a striker and replaced Defoe when he left. We could’ve brought in a center half but Hearts were ripping the piss with the Souttar deal and Bassey has developed massively at center back since then. January business is never easy and we got it wrong but it looked good at the time. We were top of the league it didn’t look like we needed to strengthen much.

We made well over 40m from the run in Europe itself though.

Won’t be that much “net” after all the expenses though. I’m not saying money won’t be spent out of that money but I don’t think we’ll be looking at playing £4/5m for players until we’ve raised around £20m in player sales.

Might be wrong but I think that’ll be the case.

So he gets that but we don’t give more valuable younger players that ?

As I’ve said before on Goldson, is he a player we break rules & precedents for ?

Not for me.
I would hardly call a signing on fee a broken rule. Most players will receive one when brought in for free especially.

Isn’t that exactly the position we are developing Lowry into? We need to give him more and more game time next season, he’s shown he has creative talent and goal scoring ability. We will also have Hagi back who can also perform this role very well.
Totally agree. Young Lowry looks ready to me. He should get 20 + games next season.

Last edited:
Won’t be that much “net” after all the expenses though. I’m not saying money won’t be spent out of that money but I don’t think we’ll be looking at playing £4/5m for players until we’ve raised around £20m in player sales.

Might be wrong but I think that’ll be the case.
I'd be hoping GVB will get a budget maybe slightly more than what Gerrard got in his three summers hopefully £12m-£15m to replace key players who are out of contract or loans finishing and if any big sales are made we can hopefully add a decent amount to the budget as we go

I'd be hoping GVB will get a budget maybe slightly more than what Gerrard got in his three summers hopefully £12m-£15m to replace key players who are out of contract or loans finishing and if any big sales are made we can hopefully add a decent amount to the budget as we go

Im hoping/assuming that Gio will get to spend at least what he brings in via sales this summer.

Doesn't work out like that. He gets critisised for players that don't work out but gets no credit when they do.

Also when he doesn't sign players and spend money thats all his fault rather than board decision or taking into account our losses last year.

Not really. The loans werent really what we needed.

We needed a striker and we got a winger.

We got a right back replacement for Patterson who hasnt been seen since Annan and no one knows if its injury/poor.

He was relaxed about a £5/6m asset walking out the door for free.

Also Bassey was found in a bounce game against us, not from Wilsons far reaching contacts.

He has had far more misses than hits

True. McLaughlin, Balagun, Wright, Sakala, Sands, Roofe all have played a part. Diallo came good at the end. Ramsey was a gamble that never worked.

Bassey and Lundstram have been phenomenal signings

Gotta give credit

Not really. The loans werent really what we needed.

We needed a striker and we got a winger.

We got a right back replacement for Patterson who hasnt been seen since Annan and no one knows if its injury/poor.

He was relaxed about a £5/6m asset walking out the door for free.

Also Bassey was found in a bounce game against us, not from Wilsons far reaching contacts.

He has had far more misses than hits
We absolutely needed a winger more than we needed a striker the right wing position has been a problem for years now where as as when Morelos if fit which is more often than not he plays striker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back