My Gers - Route to Gold

Yep, for me (High ho Silver) it doesn't make sense. I only go to home matches - and even then only at the weekends as I work away.

I'm on the CCCS scheme and my tickets are always used for home mid week matches.

It's lucky, the MyGers came off when I was arranging my own ticket for Seville, otherwise I woukd have binned it.

I hadn't joined it previously specifically for this reason, I stopped going to away games after the 2012 shambles and thought it was generally aimed at fans who do.

That was up until we played Celtic at Hampden and MyGers members got tickets and folk who took all CCCS home ties and have done for decades, didn't stand a chance.

Rangers are going to do themselves out of money with the scheme now I feel, when I renewed I didn't join the CCCS for friendlies and any home tie, I will wait and see whether I can make the games now, whereas before I paid for tickets and would just give my smartcard away if I couldn't make games.

There's no real incentive for anyone to join now as, as you say, it's pretty much a closed shop now, and now there's no incentive for people not in it to use the CCCS either.

Last edited:
I‘m a ST holder who goes to every home game plus semis and finals and I’m only roughly mid silver. You must be doing more than just going to home games if you are gold?
Prior to MyGers starting,

If you had done all home domestic matches, signed up to CCCS and priority for semi/finals. Along with domestic aways for five seasons you’d have been gold.

That was the initial criteria for gold I’m sure this was confirmed by Greg.

Will be very difficult as those in gold get significantly more opportunities to earn points ( e,g European aways) and the gap will only increase

In effect for certain games it is now a closed shop
There should be a way for lower tier members to earn points, like applying and being unsuccessful the way it happened with the old Travel Club.

Prior to MyGers starting,

If you had done all home domestic matches, signed up to CCCS and priority for semi/finals. Along with domestic aways for five seasons you’d have been gold.

That was the initial criteria for gold I’m sure this was confirmed by Greg.
I get that mate, but the guy I replied to said he didn’t do aways, only homes, and he said he was on gold.

I’ve been a ST holder for a lot longer than 5 years, attend all home games and have always been on CCCS and I’m on 1331 points. I have friends who do pretty much the same as me and they are all roughly on the same points as me. So I’m curious as to how someone who said they do the same as me can be on gold level.

I get that mate, but the guy I replied to said he didn’t do aways, only homes, and he said he was on gold.

I’ve been a ST holder for a lot longer than 5 years, attend all home games and have always been on CCCS and I’m on 1331 points. I have friends who do pretty much the same as me and they are all roughly on the same points as me. So I’m curious as to how someone who said they do the same as me can be on gold level.

I am in a similar position to you but on 1464 points. I bought the EH package and during last season i bought additional Europa League qualifying games via RTV. I'm not sure how much of an increase in points that would have achieved though?

I am in a similar position to you but on 1464 points. I bought the EH package and during last season i bought additional Europa League qualifying games via RTV. I'm not sure how much of an increase in points that would have achieved though?
50 points for Edminston House, dont think the RTV individual games purchases gained any points this season

Contact the ticket office asking for a breakdown as likely your points are wrong.

There is nothing anymore for ticking boxes, you only get the points for buying the games whether it be CCCS or individually
I thought you got extra points for being CCCS mate? Didn't previous years CCCS get you 50 points, or was that just the accumulation of the games' points? I ticked it last year and this year after thinking I'll need to keep up points wise. Might just pick and chose friendlies/cups etc then and get most points when it suits.

Mid silver, would love to go to away games, applied for every one this season and got 2 dundee aways and a livingston away.

I thought you got extra points for being CCCS mate? Didn't previous years CCCS get you 50 points, or was that just the accumulation of the games' points? I ticked it last year and this year after thinking I'll need to keep up points wise. Might just pick and chose friendlies/cups etc then and get most points when it suits.
Historically you got 50 points per season for away cccs and 50 for semi/final cccs only. That stopped with Mygers starting as you got for the games bought.

Home cccs and friendlies only got for tickets bought not for being in the scheme in the past and now it's the same

Cccs does help with mygers for group 1 priority now for semi/finals

Does anyone know for last season when they are adding points for domestic away games I take it before next tier update in July ?

I am reasonably positive with MyGers. It allowed me to shift to where I roughly wanted to sit. Prior to not being a member, nothing happened. So, that was a bonus. In the first year I’ve managed to build up some extra points with RTV and such. 120 points for a season ticket. 90 points for attending games. RTV is I think 40 points. European games, Cup games, Rangers Store, for sure, the points start to accrue. Within 3 years should be reasonable level for semi-finals and Finals. It just takes time and patience. I have to say, I was also impressed with the MyGers package. A great set of souvenirs.
Any idea when 22/23 package is being sent out ?

I can remember when cccs were enough to get you to hampden, but not anymore so it’s no cccs for me next season

Excellent question. It depends upon one’s interpretation. Reading the MyGers intro, it could be the case that we only receive a package when you join, but thereafter, possibly no more packages after one renews. Let’s see what happens. Last year, the packages seemed to be sent out late June and July.

Anyone know if you can get a points breakdown from Rangers to see how you’ve got to that number?

Contact the ticket office asking for a breakdown as likely your points are wrong.
I don’t think there as an issue with my points and what level I’m on in MyGers as most of my friends do the same as me, ST, all home games and on CCCS and we are all roughly on the same points. Also judging by the CTM day trip thread it appeared that a lot of people were in the same boat as me.

My initial reply was to @andy-500 who advised the OP that to get to gold level all you basically need to do is go to home games and be on the CCCS which evidently isn’t the case otherwise there would be a lot more people in gold.
I was wondering what else he done to get to gold because going to home games and doing one Euro trip wouldn’t make you gold level.

What is it you need gold for OP?
Are you missing out on Hampden briefs?
Do you desire to attend away games regularly ? or is it more a case to build points for future Seville ticketing scenarios?

I signed up for MyGers as an international bear. As i can't get a ST, i thought it would help strengthen my support and link to the club.

I thought it was a great way to engage with the broader Rangers support.

Sadly, like a lot of things from Bisgrove, the objective has been a bit of a cash grab and it's not tailored in anyway for bears living outside Europe. It's a waste of time sadly.

Great system for the bears who go every week (and they fully deserve to be top of the list for tickets) but no real value in there for Bears who can't go every week.

I'm gonna disagree slightly. I'm in HK, and when I was back recently I was able to get a Red Star ticket and an Old Firm ticket via MyGers. There is no way I'd have got an OF ticket without the membership, and while I'd have probably got a RS ticket it wouldn't have been as good (Main stand rear, non-restricted, in line with edge of the box).

If I can get back again in August I can be confident of getting CL qualifier tickets.

In that respect it's been ideal for me.

What is it you need gold for OP?
Are you missing out on Hampden briefs?
Do you desire to attend away games regularly ? or is it more a case to build points for future Seville ticketing scenarios?
Euro aways, when it gets tight for smaller stadiums you are goosed for a ticket and trying to source a home end ticket.

I was asked this question the other day but didn't know the answer;

Do you need to scan your smartcard at the turnstile to get the home league game points?
Buying a season ticket gets you 120 points

Every game you scan into get you another 5 points

From the confirmation email-
Please note, MyGers Membership Packs are due to be dispatched in June. For those supporters who were auto-renewed, your pack will be sent to the address we currently hold for you.

Expect pack around August :eek::D

Excellent question. It depends upon one’s interpretation. Reading the MyGers intro, it could be the case that we only receive a package when you join, but thereafter, possibly no more packages after one renews. Let’s see what happens. Last year, the packages seemed to be sent out late June and July.
You get a welcome pack every year you pay to join.

When can you buy RTV Annual for next season?
You can buy it anytime and it runs for a year from the date you buy it.
They add the MyGers points for buying manually so they don’t get added straight away.

Can you buy the 40 point RTV in the UK (using a VPN) or does this flag up? I've always just bought the 25 point one.

I don’t think there as an issue with my points and what level I’m on in MyGers as most of my friends do the same as me, ST, all home games and on CCCS and we are all roughly on the same points. Also judging by the CTM day trip thread it appeared that a lot of people were in the same boat as me.

My initial reply was to @andy-500 who advised the OP that to get to gold level all you basically need to do is go to home games and be on the CCCS which evidently isn’t the case otherwise there would be a lot more people in gold.
I was wondering what else he done to get to gold because going to home games and doing one Euro trip wouldn’t make you gold level.
I tick the friendlies box and go to them all. I did do aways this year - but I don't think there's been any points added for that yet. Hadn't been on away CCCS prior to that, because it didn't ever appeal to me to get random tickets. I started the season in silver and ended up in Gold eventually.

I was on the travel club from the Progres season onwards - but only managed to get to Villarreal. But I think there were points added for being on the travel club even with no trips.

The push over the line will be that I bought the Edmiston House package, mainly to get a wee Ibrox lol. But I'd have been high in silver even without that.

Have a historical RTV £5 a month subscription that doesn't get MyGers points.

Tried to switch last night to annual subscription and link to MyGers but couldn't see a way to do this.

Anybody else managed to do this that can point me in the right direction?

It'll be 19/20, 20/21 and 21/22 that'll be counted. 20/21 is a moot point though as everyone got the same points for this season
Everyone didn't get the same points as there were points for not taking a refund the previous season, programmes, rtv, the galatasary game on rtv and probably other things

Everyone didn't get the same points as there were points for not taking a refund the previous season, programmes, rtv, the galatasary game on rtv and probably other things

Sorry I meant the same points for 'attending' games.

What is the rough prices for a standard season ticket in Copland, Main, Govan and Club Deck?

Thanks

Back