The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the other European Final we made doesn't work for you?

Scott Wright is a winger, but he is just an SPL standard winger who we used on our way to a European Final.

No it doesn't as Kris Boyd and Nacho Novo were streets ahead of Bruce Anderson, both players were consistently posting decent numbers and were better than most of the players in the SPL at the time.

Scottish football is at a truly dreadful standard and genuinely I wouldn't sign a single player from Scotland. You can't compare talent from back in the early 2000's to what is available now.

But hey...If Gio or Ross Wilson does go for Bruce Anderson and we win the treble next season with him scoring 40 goals then I'll hold my hands up and admit...Great shout...

Early days in the window and posters understandably trying to replace the excitement of the last few weeks with some rumours, or look for negatives as we haven’t moved on anyone yet.

I’m relaxed and excited moving into this window; clearly some big changes coming in/out. But we have just played a European final, our stock has not been higher in years for bringing players in plus our own squad values will be the highest they have been in a while (allowing for contract lengths etc).

One thing GvB has a track record of is building / rebuilding squads when he was at Feyenoord. Finding qualify players, some of whom played in the ECL final last night. He also has the ear of many clubs around Europe, especially in Holland and Spain and also contacts further afield. We are in a much better place for a mini rebuild this season than we have in a long while. Add in the funds from euro run, funds raised from inevitable player sales, and I think we have a busy window ahead. But as I said at the start, I’m excited.

We have a strong core squad, and I am confident Gio will improve it and have us challenging next season and winning our title back. History will show that the bheasts have never pulled ahead from a winning position. Plus there was a bawhair in it this season.

I’m also confident we will take advantage of our high coefficient and seeding and have another strong euro run. Nothing to stop us getting to another final in the next 5 years.

WATP

No it doesn't as Kris Boyd and Nacho Novo were streets ahead of Bruce Anderson, both players were consistently posting decent numbers and were better than most of the players in the SPL at the time.

Scottish football is at a truly dreadful standard and genuinely I wouldn't sign a single player from Scotland. You can't compare talent from back in the early 2000's to what is available now.

But hey...If Gio or Ross Wilson does go for Bruce Anderson and we win the treble next season with him scoring 40 goals then I'll hold my hands up and admit...Great shout...
Novo had one good season with Dundee where he scored 25 goals and went out of contract. His first season with them he scored 9 goals in 43 games.

How did they perform in other leagues, or did they in reality just show themselves to be "SPL standard players?"

Can't compare talent in Scotland now v early 2000's? seems a bit wild given Scotland just had a team in a European Final, made a national tournament for the first time since 98 and have a player about to play in the CL Final and players moving to the EPL for decent money and performing.

Scottish football is in as good a place now as it has been for f*cking years TBH

Your post is coming at a bad time given the Final we just played in BTW, what Nationality were the players you wouldn't have signed?

Hes a 5k a week striker who's had 6 months of form

In 6 months he'll be shit again
My Grandson is a close friend to big Ross and has been down to Sunderland to go out with him and other pals from Irvine after games, He said if we win promotion it will mean life changing wages and yes he would love to go to Rangers although he is not a Rangers fan

Ross Stewart is not shite but would he be worth the transfer fee and his wages has been doubled with the Mackems getting promotion?
No but that's sort of my point. The time to get Ross Stewart if we wanted him was when he was leaving Ross County so he would be cheap.

The time to get Bruce Anderson would be now before him potentially doing good elsewhere and us getting priced out.

I wouldn't sign Anderson but just putting that out there.

Early days in the window and posters understandably trying to replace the excitement of the last few weeks with some rumours, or look for negatives as we haven’t moved on anyone yet.

I’m relaxed and excited moving into this window; clearly some big changes coming in/out. But we have just played a European final, our stock has not been higher in years for bringing players in plus our own squad values will be the highest they have been in a while (allowing for contract lengths etc).

One thing GvB has a track record of is building / rebuilding squads when he was at Feyenoord. Finding qualify players, some of whom played in the ECL final last night. He also has the ear of many clubs around Europe, especially in Holland and Spain and also contacts further afield. We are in a much better place for a mini rebuild this season than we have in a long while. Add in the funds from euro run, funds raised from inevitable player sales, and I think we have a busy window ahead. But as I said at the start, I’m excited.

We have a strong core squad, and I am confident Gio will improve it and have us challenging next season and winning our title back. History will show that the bheasts have never pulled ahead from a winning position. Plus there was a bawhair in it this season.

I’m also confident we will take advantage of our high coefficient and seeding and have another strong euro run. Nothing to stop us getting to another final in the next 5 years.

WATP
Probably time for you to leave FF mate.

Far too sensible. :))B-D

How did they perform in other leagues, or did they in reality just show themselves to be "SPL standard players?"

Can't compare talent in Scotland now v early 2000's? seems a bit wild given Scotland just had a team in a European Final, made a national tournament for the first time since 98 and have a player about to play in the CL Final and players moving to the EPL for decent money and performing.

Scottish football is in as good a place now as it has been for f*cking years TBH

Rangers are in as good a place as we have been for years....

We've digressed from the transfer thread so Im not biting anymore.

I didn't say it was all for transfer budget TBF.

I don't expect every Euro run to be like last year, I do expect us to regularly have at least a sellable asset there to be relied on to hinge us retaining players of banked quality.

If for instance, we sell Aribo for 10 million, and then add a couple of players for the starting 11 is that overly beneficial financially, two players wages coming into the team, relegates a current starter and their wage to the bench etc, that move is still sort of just hacking costs onto our budget TBF
That's going into the semantics of how much wages we should pay for replacements - but if its improved 2 or 3 areas in our starting XI with the money generated from a player sale then of course it does? Anyway, staying away from ifs and buts again - In general terms, I'd rather sell the likes of Aribo or Kamara at their current value and use that to improve the starting 11 we currently have. It's been made out we can't replace them. We found them in the first place - there'll be replacements out there its up for the scouting team to find them just as they did Morelos, Aribo, Kamara, etc. Can't hold on for fear of someone not being able to do the job Kamara can, then when it comes to the end of his contract he leaves anyway (as you suggested you'd be fine with).

Rangers are in as good a place as we have been for years....

We've digressed from the transfer thread so Im not biting anymore.

The reality is Scottish football is, possibly going to the World Cup, 3 sides in Europe kicking on Christmas, players all over the top sides in England.

The discussion sort of relates to transfers so I wouldn't damage yourself that much, it is not being said for a "bite" either.

This is probably overstated, but we likely win the league with a proven SPL goal scorer from the p*shy Scottish league last season over the glamorous 3 million addition we made from Switzerland

My Grandson is a close friend to big Ross and has been down to Sunderland to go out with him and other pals from Irvine after games, He said if we win promotion it will mean life changing wages and yes he would love to go to Rangers although he is not a Rangers fan
Is he one of that mob?

That's going into the semantics of how much wages we should pay for replacements - but if its improved 2 or 3 areas in our starting XI with the money generated from a player sale then of course it does? Anyway, staying away from ifs and buts again - In general terms, I'd rather sell the likes of Aribo or Kamara at their current value and use that to improve the starting 11 we currently have. It's been made out we can't replace them. We found them in the first place - there'll be replacements out there its up for the scouting team to find them just as they did Morelos, Aribo, Kamara, etc. Can't hold on for fear of someone not being able to do the job Kamara can, then when it comes to the end of his contract he leaves anyway (as you suggested you'd be fine with).

If they are coming into our first team and displacing people there, it seems a given to me they would be on a pretty decent wage TBF for that kind of quality, and likely 2 or 3 who end being on a wedge of wages more than Aribo is paid over a season, as well as factoring in a likely fee for at least one of them

I wouldn't say it is a place of, fear, but it is also tricky to find good football players, there shouldn't always be a great rush to simply sell every one of them and get them out the door.

He is the polar opposite of a Rangers fan.

Tactically I think Gio has proved himself to the support so he has our trust. The other piece of the jigsaw is recruitment. The difference is that much depends on budget. I believe he will have a particular type of player he wants- he may well have names in mind. The club are also in a very good place in terms of the type of profile they can attract. The question is will he be given the tools to get the job done??
If so then we have every reason to be excited by this transfer window.

Just come onto this thread and see folk arguing about Ross Stewart and Bruce Fkin Anderson!!!

Going to be a long summer!
The good thing is our manager is Giovanni van Bronckhorst. He hasn’t shown us at all what kind of player we will sign as he hasn’t had the chance. He didn’t sign Ramsay and Diallo. He will have a type and style of player he wants to bring in and has a lengthy list of contacts in the world of football beyond Bruce Anderson and Lewis Ferguson.

It’s 15 days until the window opens and I seriously suggest people try and reset their batteries, watch a bit of golf, go for a swim, a haircut, maybe even a wee holiday or few days break with the family before starting to speculate on who or what might happen during the window. Rest assured all of our players and staff are already doing so.

It’s been a long season and a draining one and will never be forgotten. But we need time away, even the most staunch among us.

Is this actually a transfer thread for Rangers?

Seen there are few more stories going around that Aston Villa are looking to offer around £10m for Bassey if they do make a move. However, I haven't actually seen anything in any mainstream media or anything to suggest this is true.

My massive concern is that I don't think Ross Wilson is up to much. He worries me. I am not convinced he'll get the best deal for Bassey if he does end up moving on.

£10m for Bassey, especially to an English club is just insulting for both Rangers and Bassey. Suggests they don't think all that much for him. Of course, it is likely they're just trying to rip the pish out of us. I just hope the board and Wilson don't let them. Time for them to step up and be responsible.

We don't need to look for home grown players. Our quota is already filled with Arfield, Jack, Wright and McLaughlin. We are short in home grown at club and the only way to fix that is by promoting through the youth academy and keeping for the long term (so hopefully Lowry, King, and two more prove to be good enough for many years ahead, and want to stay with us).

If one of Arfield, Jack, Wright or McLaughlin leave then we should look for an addition here. Otherwise we need not to be constrained into looking for home grown players.

If they are coming into our first team and displacing people there, it seems a given to me they would be on a pretty decent wage TBF for that kind of quality, and likely 2 or 3 who end being on a wedge of wages more than Aribo is paid over a season, as well as factoring in a likely fee for at least one of them

I wouldn't say it is a place of, fear, but it is also tricky to find good football players, there shouldn't always be a great rush to simply sell every one of them and get them out the door.
There's a difference of keeping quality players and letting a £10m+ player leave for nothing though. I'm not advocating selling every top player. If they're in last year of their contract then yes they should be moved on to limit the risk of having to replace them (at contract end) without getting money for them.

I’m really looking forward to seeing what Gio does in the transfer market. He’s made some good signings in the past -

Berghuis
St Juste
Haps
Botteghin
Sinisterra

He’s not afraid to bring in experienced players who can make an impact and utilises the free transfer market -

Van Persie
Kuyt
Ellia
Van der Heijden

And he promotes from the youth team -

Bijlow
Malacia
Kokcu

His records not perfect(who’s is?) but there’s plenty to be excited about with the addition of Dave Vos to his team only enhancing the possibilities.

Read it on here last month from someone who appeared to know him. Must be true. :)

If you know him too you can confirm or deny it.
His father was a St Mirren player and fan Ross was a St Mirren fan when he was a young boy but when he was with Celtic Pro Youth my Grandson told me he did prefer Celtic but i he is a Pro and now supports the Mackems.

The good thing is our manager is Giovanni van Bronckhorst. He hasn’t shown us at all what kind of player we will sign as he hasn’t had the chance. He didn’t sign Ramsay and Diallo. He will have a type and style of player he wants to bring in and has a lengthy list of contacts in the world of football beyond Bruce Anderson and Lewis Ferguson.

It’s 15 days until the window opens and I seriously suggest people try and reset their batteries, watch a bit of golf, go for a swim, a haircut, maybe even a wee holiday or few days break with the family before starting to speculate on who or what might happen during the window. Rest assured all of our players and staff are already doing so.

It’s been a long season and a draining one and will never be forgotten. But we need time away, even the most staunch among us.
Has he given some clue by his team selections?

I get the impression, while reading posts on this thread, that a lot of people are worried about the manager and coaching staff's ability to find decent players. Seems to be an underlying trust issue with the staff with regards to finding players who will fit into our team.

Lets just wait and see what happens during the summer.

with Ross Stewart - yes, he is no superstar but he clearly has advanced his career going up a level and performing

Anderson had to "drop" a level to start showing decent numbers

wouldn't rule out Stewart as a back up/another option
wouldn't go near Anderson

Just a point about paying big salaries for certain players (Goldson for example), we have proven we can win the league AND get to major European finals with our current, ‘conservative’ wage structure.

Let’s just say we did go mental and spent £50m on transfers and most of the team were on £50k+ per week

What would that really improve for us?

We still wouldn’t get anywhere near winning the Champions League, which is really the only thing over and above the league/Europa anyway.

Can someone get on to the Dutch Transfermarkt, get some names, download some xg stats and heat maps to at least allow some chat other than Stewart and Anderson please!
Thijs Dallinga is someone we should be looking at in my opinion. Someone posted a good article about him on here a good few pages back and he appears to do a lot of the good things Alfie does really well.

I’m really looking forward to seeing what Gio does in the transfer market. He’s made some good signings in the past -

Berghuis
St Juste
Haps
Botteghin
Sinisterra

He’s not afraid to bring in experienced players who can make an impact and utilises the free transfer market -

Van Persie
Kuyt
Ellia
Van der Heijden

And he promotes from the youth team -

Bijlow
Malacia
Kokcu

His records not perfect(who’s is?) but there’s plenty to be excited about with the addition of Dave Vos to his team only enhancing the possibilities.
That’s actually exciting when you put it like that.

Even if the first group sounds like a list of trendy clobber

Ross Stewart? Bruce Anderson?

It’s like I’ve bashed my head, woken up in 2018 and seeing people claiming Gerrard should go with Cummings rather than Morelos!

Im occasionally busy, so just scan this.

I then see names like that, have a mild heart attack and have to deep-dive to ensure it’s just comparisons, rather than rumours.

Bruce Anderson is genuinely dog shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back