Absolutely outraged at this behaviour at a primary school

Hope you sort it out mate, nothing worse than having to deal with this type of thing.

As for the FF hardmen who batter everyone's Da, tell their kids to chib someone etc. all convenient with no comeback etc. ignore them. Next they'll be telling you to get 'boots on the ground' as they live their vigilante/Call of Duty fantasy. Every thread is the same..:rolleyes::D

The child who attacked your son learned this behaviour somewhere.
If it wasn’t in school it was in the home.
At the very least the Head teacher should meet with his Parents and demand their guarantee it will never happen again.

Some of the "advice" on here makes you wonder how much exposure to the real world people have outside the prism of their screen. Report it to the media and tell them it was a sectarian attack. FFS. The child doing it isn't old enough to know better.

Advice would be to contact the head teacher and tell them you view it as a social work matter. You understand there isn't much they can do and you are that concerned, you're going to go home and highlight it to GCC via email . Namely Douglas Hutchison - GCC director of education(he replaced Maureen Mckenna recently)

tell them you are seriously considering moving your child from that school as you don't feel that he is safe, Leave it at that.

The last thing they will want is a QIO in looking at how they run the school. nor will they want a bad rep with other schools in the area as you go to get your child into them and tell them what happened.

That will be enough to make them act
@PMB1872 OP - as well as this good advice, consider when speaking to the head teacher, tell them that you are making it a formal complaint and want it investigated as a stage 2 complaint. It's another way of making sure it's not just swept under the carpet. Or wait until after the meeting and if you aren't happy email the council complaints team direct or fill in the online form. glasgow.gov.uk/complaints

That way the council ( not the school) MUST give you a written response to your points - normally within 20 working days. It would probably be the quality improvement officer who investigates and then signed of by the head of service. If you are still unhappy you can then go the SPSO.

Had that kid got a history of hitting others? If so, bring that up. Have there been previous incidents, if so what happened? Did the school do anything? If they did, did they work? If not, what else did they do?

If you haven't already had the meeting, write every point down first you want to bring up so you don't forget. It's not an exam, it's not cheating, it will help you keep track of things especially if the HT starts to wander off track.

Best of luck.

My 6 year old son was attacked today at school by one of the kids in his class because he said he supported Rangers. One of the Tim kids punched him several times in his face and neck. (I might add that there’s an RC primary less than 100 yards away but there somehow are 5 Tims in his class,) While I am very much anti Celtic I have told him repeatedly if other kids in your class support other teams that’s absolutely fine. I am absolutely fucking raging. We are contacting the Head Teacher tomorrow to say if she doesn’t do something about it we’re going to the Education Department at Glasgow City Council and kicking up absolute %^*&.
How did you get on at the meeting that's if you got one.?

Maybe a long shot but maybe post on Twitter and tag in big drew McIntyre or Tom Stoltman and see if they can send a video message to the wee man on social media.

Sure the wee bully wouldn’t be so brave if he thought your kid had back up from either of those two!

If nothing else it might cheer the wee man up!

Some of the advise on here is ridiculous, from one extreme to the other.

I didnt know anything about sectarianism when I started school and my parents certainly never taught me how to sing catholic dogs eat the frogs, learned it at school itself and not from the teachers.

OP, certainly don't be going to the media, it won't do you any favours and certainly not your young lad.
I certainly won’t be doing that. No way I’d want the publicity. For me or him.

I’ve have absolutely no idea what they are mate. The fathers I’ve had to speak to were brand new and gave one of the boys a telling off and made him apologise at the gate to my boy.The other dad apologised (boy was older) and said he won’t be bothering my boy and his pals again. Thankfully he hasn’t.
To be honest any bother he’s been in has been childish pish but the wee fella especially has been told not to stand and take it. To his credit he appears not to be.
they sound fair and balanced but, in this case a father that has clearly been teaching his child to hate Rangers and all things associated with us is neither fair nor balanced.

Politics and us what happened in 2012 to us play a large part as well
This. People should realise it’s far more political than “ religious” in 2022. Barely any rangers fans I know are religious at all, and yahoos are made up of largely token RCs. And that side of it has always been there.

Since the SNP took control of Scotland, the culture of it being ok to attack “ Huns” and anything remotely seen as British has kicked in especially with younger generation.

Unless the political landscape changes in Scotland this is what the future holds for our children as well. It’s sad.

Wife scheduling one. I’m away with work at the moment.
Keep us posted on how it goes mate. I’m keeping an eye on my own wee boy situation with another bully type who has already been in scraps with four or five of their classmates. For now, my boy seems to have avoided it.

What the bully maybe doesn’t know is my boy is rapidly moving up the ranks at his martial arts class he’s attended since he was 3. He wouldn’t say boo to a ghost mind you, but I do wonder if when that moment comes how he will react. We all remember that moment of being picked on at school to the point you just lose the rag and then all bets are off. If I’m not mistaken it happens to every single boy at some point in life and is an unfortunate awakening that’s unavoidable and primal.

Oh please, I haven't been in primary school since the 90s. We had a Catholic school right next door and we regularly used to throw stones and cans at them cause they would sing Celtic songs and we would sing Rangers songs.

I'm not saying that's right btw, far from it, but don't pin it on "this generation".

Indeed! Our rugby matches in the early 1970s against St Aloysius and St. Mungo were more liked pitched battles than sport.

Oh please, I haven't been in primary school since the 90s. We had a Catholic school right next door and we regularly used to throw stones and cans at them cause they would sing Celtic songs and we would sing Rangers songs.

I'm not saying that's right btw, far from it, but don't pin it on "this generation".
Exactly the same in the 70s.in possil 2 schools separated by a set of railings absolute mayhem a break time. Bricks,Bottles,Stones.getting thrown Rangers and Scum songs being sung.

My 6 year old son was attacked today at school by one of the kids in his class because he said he supported Rangers. One of the Tim kids punched him several times in his face and neck. (I might add that there’s an RC primary less than 100 yards away but there somehow are 5 Tims in his class,) While I am very much anti Celtic I have told him repeatedly if other kids in your class support other teams that’s absolutely fine. I am absolutely fucking raging. We are contacting the Head Teacher tomorrow to say if she doesn’t do something about it we’re going to the Education Department at Glasgow City Council and kicking up absolute %^*&.

Your son is a great age to start learning Thai Boxing mate. Bullying won’t usually stop by an adult telling a kid off. Need to batter a bully.
I’m sorry your son has to go through all of this as he will now be nervous.

Best advice I can give is get your lad signed up to a judo club and keep records of any incidents, time stamped with witness names and photos of any marks. When my lad joined I discovered a lot of the kids and even the instructor started due to bullying. It’s not as violent as some arts but would definitely make him handy. The day will come that your lad will have the confidence to stand up for himself and when he does having the evidence (regularly shared with the school over time) is the best way to defend him when he does show his arse. Same thing happened with my lad, trust me, it only takes one time for him to stand up for himself and these Fannie’s will back off and sadly move on to the next kid. Try and stay cool and calm when discussing with the school. It’s hard when emotionally invested but so much more effective if you can.

Last edited:
I get your point, but it does work. Sometimes at least.

A lassie was bullying a an other lassie. Kicked the shit out if her etc. The 2nd kids maw went and spoke to the bully's parents. Try and sort it the 'right' way. Nothing changed. Went back to parents and they said so what. That's what kids do.

The bully's mother got her jaw broke. Dad ran haha. The bully never picked on the wee lassie again
Literally, no idea what you just said,

Many years ago my Sons cousin was expelled from the RC school and was put into the non-sectarian school. The cousin was a rank bad one showing early stages of the behaviour we know them so well for.
At a parent/teacher night we expressed our concern that he might rope our Son into his antics and asked the teacher to keep a watch on him. The teacher in hushed tones told us it is standard practice for RC schools to dump unruly children and even under achieving kids to non RC schools to enhance their own performance ratings.
Vile and corrupt behaviour that I'm sure still goes on now. Perhaps this is why your Sons assailant does not attend the local bhigot factory.
That's an interesting statement.
Looking back to my days at high school, the catholics were maybe less than 1-2% of the boys in my year. There were maybe 3 or 4 of them and they had brothers/sisters/lovers in other years. NONE of them were from good families and ALL of the males ended up doing time after school.
That small sample would tend to lean toward your statement being correct.

I would echo post 222 only I would recommend Jiu Jitsu. All children should train in some form of defence IMO. Will do his confidence wonders and will give him a way of meeting new friends.

We grew up in a mixed area and there was never this kind of shit us or them everybody stuck together, since 2012 these rats have got bolder and bolder to the point they think they're looking down on us.
Only really In the schemes that applied there was still school shit both primary and secondary.

Did a football session a couple years ago with some Primary 1s in a non denom school over in the south side, gave all the kids a football and telling them what commands to do etc, there was this one wee boy who stood there looking very sheepish and withdrawn, asked him what was wrong and he replied that his dad told him he wasn't allowed to have anything that was blue, so the boy just stood there and wouldn't get involved until he got a different colour ball, I made sure the school staff were made very aware of the issue.

Primary school. Kids normally act like this because of parental influences. They copy and see how adults act towards rangers fans and act out accordingly.

Dreading it happening to my boy as well as there’s nothing for it other than for him to stand up for himself and give twice as much back. Nothing else works.
Exactly this.

If a 6 year old is punching another 6 year old over football allegiances, look to the parents. Of course, the school also have a responsibility to respond properly and not sweep it under the rug.

We grew up in a mixed area and there was never this kind of shit us or them everybody stuck together, since 2012 these rats have got bolder and bolder to the point they think they're looking down on us.
Only really In the schemes that applied there was still school shit both primary and secondary.
It’s an absolute disgrace how we as Rangers fans and Unionists are being “othered” in this hateful shithole of a country.

No offence to the OP but do find it strange that people’s reactions to something like this is to post stuff on here / FB etc.
Tell the wee boy to stand up for himself, or if it’s not that easy go to the school and sort it out, but can no one do anything themself without telling the world about it.
Some kids don't have it their nature to fight back, you can tell them to do it all you want but if its not there its hard to install it

Some kids don't have it their nature to fight back, you can tell them to do it all you want but if its not there its hard to install it
This is true but I believe every kid has a tipping point. I’m remembering back almost 40 years ago I was in P6 and a boy in P5 an absolute nutcase who terrorised everyone decided he was going to start on me. I remember thinking this is a nightmare he’s a year below me and I was genuinely frightened of his reputation. Went home crying after he took my bag and flung it up a tree and made me look a Cnut in front of everyone.

My old man took me aside and shocked me by saying he wanted me the very next time I seen him no matter where it was to set about him as much as I can, if I get a doing fine but make sure I get blood. He said to me if I don’t do it he would be disappointed in me and ashamed of me. My old man never laid a finger on me my whole life but I was thinking wtf he is serious.

Long story short I basically saw the boy after school and set about him, burst his nose, lip , the lot. It didn’t feel good but I felt relieved.I ended up getting a huge black eye for my trouble, the boy could handle himself. He never came near me again and neither did anybody else for that matter. Lesson learned by younger me.

Last edited:
Many years ago my Sons cousin was expelled from the RC school and was put into the non-sectarian school. The cousin was a rank bad one showing early stages of the behaviour we know them so well for.
At a parent/teacher night we expressed our concern that he might rope our Son into his antics and asked the teacher to keep a watch on him. The teacher in hushed tones told us it is standard practice for RC schools to dump unruly children and even under achieving kids to non RC schools to enhance their own performance ratings.
Vile and corrupt behaviour that I'm sure still goes on now. Perhaps this is why your Sons assailant does not attend the local bhigot factory.
This happened at my school back in the seventies. Pupil in question went on to batter one of the teachers.

This. People should realise it’s far more political than “ religious” in 2022. Barely any rangers fans I know are religious at all, and yahoos are made up of largely token RCs. And that side of it has always been there.

Since the SNP took control of Scotland, the culture of it being ok to attack “ Huns” and anything remotely seen as British has kicked in especially with younger generation.

Unless the political landscape changes in Scotland this is what the future holds for our children as well. It’s sad.
Excellent post

The situation has gotten much worse and more volatile in Scotland since the nationalists have been in power

I've said it before they have been in power for 14 years now ,it isn't good for our democracy and the longer they are in power the more arrogant and emboldened they have become and they don't even hide their contempt for anyone who happens to be happy being Scottish but equally happy being British.
Their corrupting everything from the media ,politics ,the judicial system and more with their poisonous message .

Finally

Imagine any other country in Europe who's government had the word National in it

If it were Germany ,Spain ,Holland or England etc
What would most people think ?

I'd imagine the word fascist would be used.

Polite chap at the parents door and let them know that your going to the head teacher and if it happens again your going to the police.

Either that or kick %^*& out whoever answers the door first :D

Talk of Dads going to the Papers in support of their son always makes me reminisce fondly about wee Gadget arm:

Gary-Ralston.jpg

We moved years ago from the scheme to an estate a couple of miles away.
My boy was a year from Secondary school but my daughter was three years away.

They used to get the bus to their school with all the RC kids going to the local RC Secondary.

They got sectarian abuse every single morning from a minority but a significant minority.

Ethics and Morals right enough. :oops:

No but there is from a very young age an insecurity many kids feel of being the bully or the bullied & will find any reason to isolate folk & protect themselves. That can in-turn lead to them overcompensating by hitting them to reaffirm their point.
I will be perfectly upfront . I consume pedagogical theory on children’s development , ( it’s my job)I agree there can be environmental factors that influence adverse violent behaviour in children, just as it can influence adults too. It doesn’t make it anymore acceptable .
To my mind, that’s what I call being brought up to know right from wrong.
The wokeism that dominates our democratic politics is ultimately creating a more archaic society.
Children and adults require boundaries to be functioning citizens. Actions must always have consequences. Singing cum by ya helps nobody .

If you have a mortgage , and a professional job, it’s not really achievable . Although you may be very apt at deliberate physical violence. So I think you are being perhaps unrealistic?

Depends on your outlook on life, where you grew up, how you grew up, many many factors. I'd say its you that's being unrealistic, many people would solve it this way.

Depends on your outlook on life, where you grew up, how you grew up, many many factors. I'd say its you that's being unrealistic, many people would solve it this way.
Many people could get up when they want , if they need a new kitchen contact the housing , knock seven shards out of shit out anybody who Gets in their way.
The majority of Presbyterian”s I know have duties and responsibilities to their family and community . Work damn hard fir everything they achieve . In an ideal world the stronger and more powerful succeed. It’s not the world I know today. There is more ways to skin a cat.
Although there would be a valve buster for anybody in relation to the safety of their family , for the life of me I don’t foresee this heinous episode as deal maker .

Back