Breakdown of goals (all comps)

Khal Drogo

I've been keeping a note of our goalscorers this season (friendlies not included). We scored 128 in total in all competitions. Out of the squad, the only players outfield players who played regularly and didn't get on the scoresheet were Barasic and Bassey. Below is a breakdown of defenders, midfielders and strikers goal return.

Defenders: Tav (18), Goldson (4), Balogun (2), Helander (2)

Midfielders: Aribo (9), Wright (7), Arfield (6), Hagi (4), Lundstram (4), Kamara (4), Kent (3), Diallo (3), Lowry (2), Ramsey (2), Davis (1), Jack (1), Bacuna (1), McKinnon (1)

Strikers: Morelos (18), Roofe (16), Sakala (12), Itten (2)

Own goals (6)

What are the thoughts on what is good and what we can improve on?

I know some would class Kent, Aribo or Hagi and/or others as attackers and maybe Sakala as a wide midfielder but thats how I see them! :))

Obvious comment but Kent's goal tally is awful for how many minutes he's played in an attacking position. Less goals than Hagi who played half a season.

Sakalas goal record is surprisingly good considering he doesn’t start often and when he plays it’s normally out wide.

Kent’s goal scoring record is shocking, if he could add goals to his game he would be on another level.

Considering he rarely plays 90 mins it shows how useful Wright is. Sakala also contributes but again does not always play.
Kent should score more but he does take away two or three defenders when he runs into the box.

Kent really needs to be contributing more goals, he's not going to get to the next level until he does
I know Gio plays him as a more traditional winger but I agree he should get more. He scored more than 3 by September last season and I'm sure he ended up in double figures

Think when you see the lack of goals from midfield, they really do need to up their numbers. Agree about Kent deffo needs to up that side of his game.

Kent, Aribo and Hagi (albeit he got injured) need to be getting 40 goals between them. One of them definitely needs to be getting over 20 a season. Tav comfortably out scoring them is actually a bit embarrassing for them. A know Tav is super human, but this three needs to be taking Tav on for goals! Whatever happened to Bacuna? Gio not fancy him?

Kent, Aribo and Hagi (albeit he got injured) need to be getting 40 goals between them. One of them definitely needs to be getting over 20 a season. Tav comfortably out scoring them is actually a bit embarrassing for them. A know Tav is super human, but this three needs to be taking Tav on for goals! Whatever happened to Bacuna? Gio not fancy him?
Bacuna went to Birmingham in January window

Think when you see the lack of goals from midfield, they really do need to up their numbers. Agree about Kent deffo needs to up that side of his game.
Think as well, the lack of goals from midfield proves the point that few are prepared to take potshots at goal from outside the box. I'm thinking especially the likes of Ryan Jack and Glen Kamara here

Tav is a phenomenon and I doubt we will see a RB score as many goals for some time. Could do with a lot more goals from wide midfielders/wingers and I think we will next season, either with Kent/Wright contributing plenty or some new signings.

Back