The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't need to look for home grown players. Our quota is already filled with Arfield, Jack, Wright and McLaughlin. We are short in home grown at club and the only way to fix that is by promoting through the youth academy and keeping for the long term (so hopefully Lowry, King, and two more prove to be good enough for many years ahead, and want to stay with us).

If one of Arfield, Jack, Wright or McLaughlin leave then we should look for an addition here. Otherwise we need not to be constrained into looking for home grown players.
McLaughlin isn’t homegrown, he spent the formative years of his career in England so doesn’t count.

Im occasionally busy, so just scan this.

I then see names like that, have a mild heart attack and have to deep-dive to ensure it’s just comparisons, rather than rumours.

Bruce Anderson is genuinely dog shit.

So glad someone else can back this up, thank you!!

McLaughlin isn’t homegrown, he spent the formative years of his career in England so doesn’t count.
Fair point. I didn't know that. I just assumed he was at Hearts as a youth with him being a Scottish.
So we could do with one home grown signing.

Reactions: Egt
I know Mavropanos got sold from Arsenal to Stuggart but he would've been a good signing for our defence need a top quality defence but I've got faith in GIO signings this window.

The rattlers PR dept will have all these propoganda pieces basically written and waiting to be announced by their pet journalists such as this wanker Smith. Once the article is out there and digested by the hordes it automatically becomes fact in their delusional minds. As the Natzis perfected in the 1930’s the art of telling a lie often enough and it becomes the truth.

I get the impression, while reading posts on this thread, that a lot of people are worried about the manager and coaching staff's ability to find decent players. Seems to be an underlying trust issue with the staff with regards to finding players who will fit into our team.

Lets just wait and see what happens during the summer.
Then you would have nothing to read.

VIlla really are spending big this summer, currently going for Diego Carlos from Sevilla for 31m. I think it's likely only a matter of time before they come in for Bassey.

What about Rory McAllister? Scores goals for fun, knows the game up here, wont be put off by inclement weather. Also we signed Glen Kamara from a Scottish team so if you don't agree you're being a snob

VIlla really are spending big this summer, currently going for Diego Carlos from Sevilla for 31m. I think it's likely only a matter of time before they come in for Bassey.
Look like a team who want their business done early. Let’s hope that’s the case if they want him.

£31m for a 29 year old defender - the sort of idiotic transfer you’d expect from some random Chinese club a few years ago.

I don't think it's too big an ask for players to add value to the club and still make us a fee at the end of it.

Players leaving halfway through contracts isn't a huge issue either as long as it is not eleven players doing it every two seasons. It's not like Ajax sell their spine every other season.
I suppose my point was that we probably won’t optimise all our playing assets in the same way.

Our trading model may loosely be to buy young players on the cheap, develop, then sell for big profits, but if it was that simple everyone would be doing it.

We’re also a club that demands success so the young cheap talent has to be augmented by more experienced pros who have less resale value (Lundstram, Davis, McGregor, Balogun, etc).

We will sell some players for huge profits and that money will go a long way to self sustainability, but others are likely to go for less if the pursuit of success demands they reach the final year of their contracts and on occasion the very end of it completely.

We need to balance that potential loss of asset value with what they’re delivering on the park and in the trophy cabinet and if the bottom line remains healthy then we should be satisfied with it.

I think for us long-term, LB probably would be his best position, but at a higher level it will probably be as a CB. His ability to play both at a high level is a major selling point for us though.
I think for us it quite simply is decided where he will have the biggest impact on a game.
For example, big games in Europe and we want him physically dealing with the oppositions attacking threats. But against the majority of Scottish teams (maybe all but Celtic) we want him impacting the game further up the pitch in possession.

I think that his attributes at the highest level are better suited to him nullifying opposition.

£31m for a 29 year old defender - the sort of idiotic transfer you’d expect from some random Chinese club a few years ago.

Football is on the verge of a big change this way I reckon.

We'll see more and more players playing to a very high level well into their thirties. The advances in techniques for prolonging fitness, speed and agility will make a 29 year old someone you can reasonably expect 7 or 8 years from now.

On that note any realistic targets we could get from villa to come to us?

I think for us long-term, LB probably would be his best position, but at a higher level it will probably be as a CB. His ability to play both at a high level is a major selling point for us though.

The back 3 is making a comeback, with some centre halves expected to be able to break forward with the ball and be comfortable a bit wider. Bassey will thrive in that sort of role if required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back