The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As expected, Chris McKee joins Linfield on a permanent deal. Hopefully we have some form on sell on fee included in our development fee agreement with them.

Good finisher, was important for them winning the league. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him back across the water at a lower end SPL side.

Was punishing myself watching our Euro run back again earlier and again Katai from Red Star jumped out as one of the players that caused us most problems.

His wife is a nutcase that got him booted out of America but from what I can see online his contract is possibly up?

31 but would definitely bring goals from midfield.

Glad we are getting it out there that it will take 25m plus.
Agreed.

Pretty good from the club getting it out there, to reassure some of the worriers in our support, and to put off time wasters. No doubt a couple will still chance their arm.

I think he stays one more season, but right now is arguably as high as his value will be due to our success in Europe. It’s hard.

I’d rather he stays a year, and we get a slightly smaller fee next summer, if that were to be the case. Would probably need him to sign a one year extension though.

Obviously just my opinion!

Last edited:
He can be.

Danilho Doekhi was paraded at Union Berlin last week and is still playing for Vitesse until this weekend.

We also had Kamara and Jones pictured at Ibrox when they were still Dundee and Kilmarnock players
I thought they were only pictured arriving when they had signed their pre-contracts?

Obviously Kamara signed permanently that window later on so he’d have done the whole scarf above the head then.

Glad we are getting it out there that it will take 25m plus.

Hopefully this is just to raise any potential fee we receive. Think just now would be the best time to sell Bassey whilst his stock's at its highest.

Despite all the hyperbole on here, anything over 16 million with add ons on top of that would be great funds to start the rebuild with. Would be brilliant if we can get more than that though.

Probably been mentioned already, but I see Villa have signed Diego Carlos from Sevilla. Might impact any interest they have in Bassey.

Agreed.

Pretty good from the club getting it there, to reassure some of the worriers in our support, and to put off time wasters. No doubt a couple will still chance their arm.

I think he stays one more season, but right now is arguably as high as his value will be due to our success in Europe. It’s hard.

I’d rather he stays a year, and we get a slightly smaller fee next summer, if that were to be the case. Would probably need him to sign a one year extension though.

Obviously just my opinion!

When you consider what Dortmund paid for Bellingham based on his potential, I'm glad we're doing likewise.

If Bassey was a Championship player, they'd be talking telephone numbers for him in terms of a fee.

The real test comes when Bassey's agent knocks on our door and tells us we need to start paying him like a £25m player.

Do the club stick or twist here ? He's earned a massive wage rise but selling him this summer might keep Kent and Morelos in terms of contract extensions for example.

It could be a choice here for the club - punt Bassey(and AN other) for £25m+ or punt Kent, Kamara and Aribo to fund a rebuild.

When you consider what Dortmund paid for Bellingham based on his potential, I'm glad we're doing likewise.

If Bassey was a Championship player, they'd be talking telephone numbers for him in terms of a fee.

The real test comes when Bassey's agent knocks on our door and tells us we need to start paying him like a £25m player.

Do the club stick or twist here ? He's earned a massive wage rise but selling him this summer might keep Kent and Morelos in terms of contract extensions for example.

It could be a choice here for the club - punt Bassey(and AN other) for £25m+ or punt Kent, Kamara and Aribo to fund a rebuild.
Wouldn't be surprised if Dortmund themselves were interested in him and Leipzig he had tremendous performances against both

As expected, Chris McKee joins Linfield on a permanent deal. Hopefully we have some form on sell on fee included in our development fee agreement with them.

Good finisher, was important for them winning the league. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him back across the water at a lower end SPL side.
Development fee?
He was a Linfield player before Rangers and I understand he wasn't offered a new contract which negates any further fee entitlement

Development fee?
He was a Linfield player before Rangers and I understand he wasn't offered a new contract which negates any further fee entitlement
I know he was at the Blues before joining Rangers, but Rangers have tweeted we received a fee - so presumed we offered him a deal. Either that or some of gentleman’s agreement.

Souter reveal tomorrow then
Souttars signing pics have all been done apparently, so there would be no need to use Ibrox. We did the tour a few weeks ago and the guide was talking about how they had used the managers office for them, which was a rarity now.

(Also said when Kamara signed his extention he asked to do it in there, which I thought was a nice thing to hear)

I agree with you Blair, trading him for 2/3 quality players will help us.

I’ve just read so many things like Lowry or Hagi being walk on replacements for him.

I don’t think they are, albeit they both have potential, especially Lowry for me.

I just think that the skill set that Aribo has given us needs to be replaced. He’s not played 65 or so matches this season if he doesn’t give value to a team.
His numbers would tell you otherwise. He really should be into double figures for goals and about 15 assists for the type of player we need him to be in the team.

If they got £25 million for glass knees Tierney surely Bassey is worth much more.. younger, stronger, more powerful and will get better and better. I’d be angry to only get £20-£25 million for him.
We should be looking at a Scottish record fee for bassey. He got in the europa league team of the season ffs, tierney as much as he’s a good player got absolutely torn a new one in europe whereas Bassey looks likes he’s got about a decade of experience.

Really conflicted on the Bassey transfer but I think I am leaning heavily towards the sell at the right price way of thinking.

He’s young raw and in excellent form. Has an engine, pace as well as good on the ball ability. He could be special, very special. But he’s only had a short spell of good form, he looked unable to head a ball often, and he won’t be playing alongside Goldson next season which could impact his performances.

While his stock is high I therefore think cash in for £25m all day long if the offer is made.

Really conflicted on the Bassey transfer but I think I am leaning heavily towards the sell at the right price way of thinking.

He’s young raw and in excellent form. Has an engine, pace as well as good on the ball ability. He could be special, very special. But he’s only had a short spell of good form, he looked unable to head a ball often, and he won’t be playing alongside Goldson next season which could impact his performances.

While his stock is high I therefore think cash in for £25m all day long if the offer is made.

Tend to agree, most wouldve snapped their hands off for between 5 and 10 in January. Shows the benefit of a good run in europe and what it does to players values.

If we are offered £20/£25m he’s off. Anyone would be, not just bassey.

That kind of cash for one player could set us up for a few years if we spent it wisely

Part of me is hoping villa being linked with bassey is nonsense as they have been linked with tarkowski and have signed the other cb so if he is going to them then it will be as a left back but would he play in front of digne who just signed for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back