The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be amazing business to sell Bassey for £25m+ but I'd rather we kept him for another season and lost 2 of Aribo, Kent or Kamara.

The side badly needs freshened up.

The side who made it to spot kicks in the Europa League Final ‘badly needs freshened up’.

Some of the hyperbole and pant-wetting innate negativity passed off as fact on this forum is incredible, and people posting it should be embarrassed with themselves.

We want to add quality, to supplement what we have, reading some posts you’d think we’d just finished second to Hearts in the Championship.

The side who made it to spot kicks in the Europa League Final ‘badly needs freshened up’.

Some of the hyperbole and pant-wetting innate negativity passed off as fact on this forum is incredible, and people posting it should be embarrassed with themselves.

We want to add quality, to supplement what we have, reading some posts you’d think we’d just finished second to Hearts in the Championship.
It will need freshened up though, there's a few key players with contracts running out. We cannot afford to loose them for free the same way we're set to loose Goldson.

It doesn't need freshened up?

We have rinsed every last bit out of this team imo.

Anyone who doesn't value Bassey around £20 million - £25 million is seriously out of touch with modern football. He ticks so many boxes for English teams and you just have to look at the silly money they spend down there. Bassey has done it on the big stage when the full of Europe watched. If he does leave, it will be for the mentioned price. 100%

Could see us maybe arranging something like 18 million, with 7 million extra in performance based bonuses for Bassey, kinda like the Patterson deal. Get Aribo sold too, Kent and Morelos on new deals. Then bring in a raft of young talented players to get our player trading model fully firing on all cylinders for the next few years.
The Bassey money would be crucial to both keeping our team mostly in tact and also bringing in the next crop of players

It will need freshened up though, there's a few key players with contracts running out. We cannot afford to loose them for free the same way we're set to loose Goldson.
In 97/98 we let a team get to the end of their cycle and it cost us the 10.

Last season the scum got to the end of their cycle and stuck by players like Brown and it cost them the 10.

We can’t allow the team to go stale, you are absolutely right it needs a freshen up.

Ironic when you think back to the Covid incident with Patterson there was a lot wanting both sacked.
18 months later it's possible they'll be our 2 biggest sales.

Wish somebody would bump the thread. What a laugh, people wanting them sacked for going and watching the boxing together when theres full scale parties going on in downing street.

The videos of them getting sat infront of the camera apologising close to tears as well haha, unbelievable.

Re Bassey, with the right clubs involved and a decent pair of baws at our end I actually think we could see north of 25M for him, should a bit of a bidding war start. He’s under contract, we don’t need to sell him in this window. It could get interesting.

Was punishing myself watching our Euro run back again earlier and again Katai from Red Star jumped out as one of the players that caused us most problems.

His wife is a nutcase that got him booted out of America but from what I can see online his contract is possibly up?

31 but would definitely bring goals from midfield.
He is an excellent player

Hot take but I don’t think any club will be bidding anywhere near £25m for Bassey.

I'm not convinced he's going anywhere. It's paper talk as the season has just ended, there's no international tournament and the tabloids need something to write about. I'd be more surprised if Bassey isn't open to a new contract. The lad was knocked back by numerous clubs as a youth and, no matter how highly some at Leicester thought of him, he seemed to be a player they were just hoarding because English clubs can afford to. His entire career trajectory changed because of us, and it's clear from his reaction after the Leipzig game that he cares about the club - from his teammates and staff to the fans.

Not under any illusion that he'll be here for years. But I don't think he's in any rush to leave and I reckon we'll give him a new contract on improved terms, ensuring he doesn't leave on the cheap next summer.

To the football manager wallopers that drop random names they've signed in the game and try suggest them as signing targets for us.. just remember that Stephen Hughes became as good as Zidane in one of those games..
And on the other side of that, remember that they utilize all of the statistical knowledge that is key in the modern game and utilized by every club in the world near enough when making transfer decisions

Wish somebody would bump the thread. What a laugh, people wanting them sacked for going and watching the boxing together when theres full scale parties going on in downing street.

The videos of them getting sat infront of the camera apologising close to tears as well haha, unbelievable.

The one I wanted hunted was Zungu, as he was a loanee and a fringe player at best. But in hindsight that would have been harsh. Although he was a senior pro and should have behaved as such, it would have been poor man management to scapegoat him.

And on the other side of that, remember that they utilize all of the statistical knowledge that is key in the modern game and utilized by every club in the world near enough when making transfer decisions
That must have been what made Bruce Anderson a suggestion

Kinda irrelevant though isn't it.

The SFA weren't threatening severe punishments for Boris Johnson having a beer in Downing Street. They were threatening sanctions against clubs for breaking covid rules.

Kinda irrelevant though isn't it.

The SFA weren't threatening severe punishments for Boris Johnson having a beer in Downing Street. They were threatening sanctions against clubs for breaking covid rules.

The reaction was well over the top. The SFA could do nothing after the photos of Celtics jolly to Dubai came out.

Would be amazing business to sell Bassey for £25m+ but I'd rather we kept him for another season and lost 2 of Aribo, Kent or Kamara.

The side badly needs freshened up.

Hurts my head that anyone would want to ‘lose’ Kent, utterly mental, or any of our other young excellent players like Kamara and Aribo, so strange. If we get great offers then yes, but you’d think they were at the arse end of their careers rather than not even close to their peak.

Its so weird, I just don’t get it, the last thing we need is to sell all our good players, yet we have folk actively wanting it, off their heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back