Aaron Ramsey's Juve Contract Set To Be Terminated

Would you take Ramsey on a permanent contract?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Still waiting on someone suggesting pay-as-you-play

check-watch-late.gif

Great player when he can get fit but he's just too much of a gamble. He'll have got a decent level of match fitness back after six months with us and I'm sure he'll find a mid table EPL team no problem where it'll be less of a risk for them than us. We need players that can contribute for a minimum 35/40+ games a season and be ready when we need them. If he was that player we'd take him in a heartbeat but can anybody see him ever reaching that number of games in a season again.

Unbelievable people voting yes.
Unbelievable people voting No!

A fit Ramsey within our wage structure would be a huge coup for the club.

Obviously we never saw the best of him in the short time he was here but a full preseason and a run of games and we could see the best of him

Would be great for players like Lowry to learn from a World class player

Won’t happen as we can’t afford him and a decent EPL club will snap him up

No, would stunt the growth of the likes of Lowry who have more to offer
Or improve his game considerably as they play the same position and, injuries or not, he is a high quality player? Bit like defoe with Alfie. I've been going on and on about Lowry since the Alkass Cup years ago and want to see him much more often next season but with the best will in the world he won't play in more than 20 out of 60 games next season as he continues to develop and a chunk of those will still be off the bench.

People voting yes are having a laugh.

He’s towing a caravan before he breaks down.

Guys well past it sadly.

Aribo amongst others were accused routinely before the final of lacking effort/being lazy but Ramsey seems to get given a pass for basically using us as a gym and having played nowhere near the same amount as others in our squad. I was as excited for the signing as anyone but it's a gamble that didn't pay off, wish him well but absolutely no chance should we be taking him on again given the opportunity.

If it were incentivized more towards a "pay as you play" structure with a moderate base wage within our pay scale, then I would take a risk on it for a 2 year basis. A full pre-season and good run of games may be what he needs. He is a quality player, but we have yet to see it.
He keeps picking up injuries though. He could be flying in training but then picks up a knock or a niggle and it's back to square 1. Good player on his day but made of glass so not an option we should pursue.

If we could bring him in for pre season and get him fit prior to signing a deal based heavily on appearances then yes.

However I doubt he would go for a deal like that, and I doubt we could put a budget aside for that in case it didn't work out and we missed other opportunities

He will want about £20-30k per week

For lower EPL clubs and some championship clubs they can afford to have a half fit, part time player on that kind of money

For that kind of money, we would be expecting a fully fit, reliable player that plays most matches and makes an impact in every one

IF and it's a big IF
he would agree to say 5k a week plus pay as you play type deal then maybe

Otherwise, naw!

Being completely honest bar a few quality passes and the odd goal he was a bit of a let down for what we expected.

We need to start getting these talented young bears like Lowry who has shown more quality in the same time period since Ramsey was brought in and looks like he could surpass his ability in the future so should be a first team player for next season and not waste 30k+ a week on a player on the way down.

Big name, big ego, not good enough and outside the pay structure I would wager.....
Bollocks!

If fit he's certainly good enough. If he can get a run of games. If he's willing to take a massive wage reduction to come here.

There a lot of "ifs" about Ramsey which will likely prevent any deal with us, unless on a minimum deal of both length and salary.

Fwiw, I'd have him if "ifs" weren't a thing.

Absolutely not a chance.

He’s never fit. Not once did he complete a full 90 in a Rangers shirt and when the big games came he was nowhere to be seen.

Couldn't afford him and waste of money if we could considering he'd be fit for 10 games at best. Was worth a punt but a failed experiment

He's never fit. He's never going to be fit. We got him for that reason. People need to stop being ridiculous. It was a punt that we were all really excited about that in the grand scheme of things, didn't work. We need people who are fitter we have enough people who occupy the treatment table

I believe Juv are getting this termination done to make room for Pogba.

One finished player for another imo.

Couldn't afford him and waste of money if we could considering he'd be fit for 10 games at best. Was worth a punt but a failed experiment
I disagree, he was not worth a punt.
The money spent on his loan deal could have bought us a permanent addition to the squad, and maybe even have some resale value.

He is a very likeable guy, speaks well and presents himself very well.

Very clever player and can influence matches.

Struggled big time to gain any level of fitness and regularity for us, where we simply do not have the resources to have more players who are not putting in at least 75% of a season.

It’s a no from me too.

I'd have reservations over Bale as well,given how well his loan spell with spurs went. Fit hungry players is pre requisite for me not journeymen.
He wasn't terrible at Spurs, seemed to be more of an issue of Mourinho not particularly wanting him there.

Not surprised at this. Fair to say if it wasn't injuries, things would've went much better. Still a good player. Question marks remain over his fitness though. Would you take him on a permanent deal? (Presuming it's within our wage structure etc).
If he can and a man then he'll stand. He owes us and himself

Unbelievable people voting yes.

Depends on the type of contract. IF he is in our wage structure and Gio thinks he has a role, he is a fantastic player that can mentor a few of the younger players. When Ramsey played, he did an excellent job of doing things off the ball that our young guys can learn from.

Besides, any money paid will be offset by increased kit sales with his name on it.

Obviously we never saw the best of him in the short time he was here but a full preseason and a run of games and we could see the best of him

Mate honestly I do t know if I am missing something but there was nothing about Ramsey’s time here that said let’s sign him. If his name was Lewis Ferguson and he contributed what he had people would chase him.

Not surprised at this. Fair to say if it wasn't for injuries, things would've went much better. Still a good player. Question marks remain over his fitness though. Would you take him on a permanent deal? (Presuming it's within our wage structure etc).
No. He is at fault for bottling the biggest moment in our recent history.

He is a very likeable guy, speaks well and presents himself very well.

Very clever player and can influence matches.

Struggled big time to gain any level of fitness and regularity for us, where we simply do not have the resources to have more players who are not putting in at least 75% of a season.

It’s a no from me too.

He could influence matches…these days not so much. He looked no better than Lowry. Which maybe is a good thing for young Alex.

I'd have him back but it's not going to happen and it's probably for the best.

A section of the support simply won't forgive him for that penalty.
Nonsense. Not met anyone that has it in for the penalty.
His injury record on the other hand

Hi Aaron by the way my little granddaughter would have saved that penalty
You took a cowards penalty and didn’t hit it very well

Last edited:
Back