The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the time it doesn’t work. Don’t have the time to list all the pointless loanees we have had over the years in comparison to ones who actually worked and contributed meaningfully.

Loan for at least 12 months with option to buy or not at all for me. Or at least a realistic chance to buy.

6 month fitness top ups, never again. Pointless.
So not a fact then :)) :)) :))

:)) Nearly a fact then I’ll give you that

I think the problem with loans is that 9 times out of 10 your not bringing in someone who is a nailed on starter.

also if someone is available for loan, its because they cant get a game for their parent club, whether thats due to age, form or that they are just not wanted.

this imo contributes to the shite statistics involving loans

Who ended up permanent. Two good examples.

Taking on guys who are here to top up their fitness or to help their parent club isn’t worth it.
They ended up permanent because they were successful.....they weren't loan to buys initially.

Ryan Kent is an example of what you're talking about never working. Young prem player with no buy option, done for development.

They ended up permanent because they were successful.....they weren't loan to buys initially.

Ryan Kent is an example of what you're talking about never working. Young prem player with no buy option, done for development.
Not a 6 month jolly a full year and player was right for club, club right for player. A rarity.

Hope we keep that lad tied down, people under estimated his value to us especially in big matches. Phenomenal player and I saw it right away with him.

Very few things annoy me more than the ‘international’ patter. They signed Croatia’s right back for £2.5m, who is younger.

Going by the metrics some suggest, Borna is worth less.

International player, doesn’t mean a whole lot.
It’s also completely ignored that he was a Croatian international when we signed him.

But we didn’t pay £25m.

Solanke scored 30 last season so he's obviously decent.
How many seasons did it take him to get there though? One good scoring season at last and he’s nearly 25. I don’t fancy taking Archer unless it’s a loan to buy at a non exorbitant amount or it’s a makeweight for Bassey but we still get £20m
up front on top of that. Otherwise we are just developing another team’s player and you know when it comes to 50/50 balls they’ll always think twice.

He done well at Preston , and looks good mate tbh . I would take him plus £20m for Bassey .
Less than 1 in 3 for Preston though. Might be a player but we want players who will come in and make quick impact. We’ve got CL qualifiers and a league to win back.

It’s not absurd it’s a fact.
It's absurd to say something is a fact, when your own examples were nothing but an ordinary loan at first.

Ryan Kent was 7m people thought there was no chance.

Good season, but he thought he was going back to Liverpool to challenge for their squad.

Omar Richards and Joshua Zirkzee likely to be available from Bayern this summer. Zirkzee wouldn't come cheap I'd imagine but Richards maybe the perfect left back replacement if Bassey was sold?
Next page , did someone mention Omar Richards ,what’s that about ? :rolleyes: :D .
Less than 1 in 3 for Preston though. Might be a player but we want players who will come in and make quick impact. We’ve got CL qualifiers and a league to win back.
7 in 20 close mate ;), he will only improve not instant but will be a player .

It’s also completely ignored that he was a Croatian international when we signed him.

But we didn’t pay £25m.
Just in the same way that Morelos is regarded as a Columbian internationalist on his CV. The call ups for his country increases his profile in the transfer market- he has been called up say 10 times regardless of actual appearances :shh:

As a selling point it would be pointed out that he has been called up to represent his country in international tournaments 10 times - that the business we are in, increasing the profile of your players to obtain the best deal possible when it becomes time to move the player on.

Last edited:
Selling Bassey for £25m and getting Archer on loan would be good business.

The issue for me is that it would then require 2 LB’s to add to the squad assuming Borna leaves as well.

I’m torn about Bassey, I love the big man and I want to see him start at LB next season but that kind of money is just massive for us
I wouldn't be happy selling Bassey and bringing in a loan player for the bench.
If we are bringing in a striker, it needs to be a purchase as there is a strong possibility we lose Morelos at the end of the season ( for free)

Next page , did someone mention Omar Richards ,what’s that about ? :rolleyes: :D .

7 in 20 close mate ;), he will only improve not instant but will be a player .
Lol. My maths head not quite on yet. I’m sure he will be. But time to quit the young guy loans. We need to buy them or loan finished articles, preferably with loan to buy.

Unsure where you’re seeing he had 1 in 3.

33 games and 20 goals last season going transfermarkt.

Solid enough goal return for a 20 year old.

Can't help but feel Borna's ran his race with us. A fresh challenge elsewhere might be what he needs.

He's played his part the past 4 years but the thought of another season with his form and mentality fluctuating wildly is absolutely grim.
What happens if a. bid comes in for Bassey,who I'd prefer stayed. That would mean we e no left backs.

It's absurd to say something is a fact, when your own examples were nothing but an ordinary loan at first.

Ryan Kent was 7m people thought there was no chance.

Good season, but he thought he was going back to Liverpool to challenge for their squad.
He actually thought he was going to club Brugge . Best £7 million we’ve ever spent.

From what I can see he’s played 29 senior games this season and scored 17 goals. He’s still young and could be a hood challenge to Morelos and a different option up front.
From what I can see he’s played 29 senior games this season and scored 17 goals. He’s still young and could be a hood challenge to Morelos and a different option up front.
Yeah a few of his goals for Villa U23s were against L1/2 sides in the EFL cup and the EFL trophy. Don’t think we’d have a chance to sign him permanently but I’d take him on loan for the season to be honest.

I think he is exceptional at Championship level, not so much at EPL level, there’s loads of players like that over the years, Pukki for Norwich, Mitrovic for Fulham, and a few years ago, Michael Chopra all spring to mind.
Dwight Gale, Lewis Grabban. As you say loads of players like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back