Man accused of Celtic abuse against two teenage boys is suffering from dementia

Back in 1998 Cairney denied knowing any of his victims until my brother produced a photo of Cairney and he,Cairney still walked free as their was unsubstantial evidence on his case.

It meant that we had to find more evidence to convict this beast and thankfully we did which resulted on his custodial sentence of four years in 2019 of which i think he done half of ( 2 years ) due to ill health i believe.

The beast is 86 now and hopefully close to death but he should be left to rot in a prison cell for the disgusting acts he did to my brother and others.

Back in 1983 when he first abused my young brother we as a family had no idea what was going on as my wee brother didn't open up,if we did know Cairney wouldn't be here today,so maybe my wee brother was more thinking about us and a possible jail term.

The only opportunity we have now got is to see him die a lonely death in a prison cell,sadly my dad and mum are no longer with us to watch this ending to a man that tried to destroy my family and other family's who's kids went out for a simple game of football only to be caught by these weirdos.

That’s absolutely heartbreaking to read.

I actually met this monster in a professional capacity, so I cannot say much more about that, except to say I’m still haunted by the images of the interior of his house in Uddingston.

The place was dingy, poorly lit, windows well shielded, covered in images and huge portrait photos of CF&AC and all their star players of the time, a real house of horrors on reflection. I didn’t know it at the time, but looking back I can now see clearly that the entire place was deigned to reinforce the connection with him, Celtic Football & Athletic Club and the boys club. It gave him power over the lads he brought there.

I’m haunted by the thought of what might have become of the young kids who had the misfortune to visit that lair, as I did as an adult. If I’d known then what I do now, I’d have gladly shanked the bastard when I visited.

As a post script to this horror tale, I was introduced to him by one of his own professional advisers (now dead) who assured me before that visit that “disgusting and unfounded allegations had been made against his client and he was a really lovely man”. How wrong can a person be. :(

It’s actually criminal within itself on how long it’s taken to get this bastard in court. How the victims in all of this must be feeling is unimaginable.
And yet this bastard walks free.
Crimes all committed against children on an industrial scale all under the name of that club.
Spotlight’s thoughts as always are with the victims and families. We know you look in on these threads. We will fight on.

We’re told that Dementia impacts on your short term memory, not your long term memory, so let’s see what develops ?
Exactly what I was going to say. Given the age of the crimes then, if he even has dementia, it will only impact his recollection of the dailly court hearings, not what he and the others did 50+ years ago which I'd hazard a guess will still be fresh in his memory as if he's reliving it. No excuse and a trial may actually lead to the truth coming out for once from one of these sickos.

Exactly what I was going to say. Given the age of the crimes then, if he even has dementia, it will only impact his recollection of the dailly court hearings, not what he and the others did 50+ years ago which I'd hazard a guess will still be fresh in his memory as if he's reliving it. No excuse and a trial may actually lead to the truth coming out for once from one of these sickos.

We want as many of them swearing in the dock.

The more truth that comes out the better for the victims.

We all want closure & justice Spart.

This has been the ploy from the day they knew they'd be in court. Delay,delay,delay. The law and politicians and especially celtic hope they all die before sentence can be passed and celtic can be shamed if that's possible
Many of them have already been charged, found guilty, and served, or are serving, time. Celtic have already been shamed. The civil cases will shame them even more.

Last edited:
Sheriff Gerard Considine.
I wonder what team Gerry supports...

Their tactics are clear as day, lie, deny and delay until the bastards are dead or unfit to stand in the dock. These people have no shame, nor an ounce of sympathy for their victims. Pure evil still at work.
I know we can’t say with absolute certainty what team Gerard supports, if any.
However, in the same way as I’d probably be rejected for jury duty in this trial, can the defence ask a sheriff to recuse themselves?

I know we can’t say with absolute certainty what team Gerard supports, if any.
However, in the same way as I’d probably be rejected for jury duty in this trial, can the defence ask a sheriff to recuse themselves?

I knew a Gerry Considine who was studying law at Strathclyde uni when I was there. Might be the same guy.
Bheast fan, but a good lad, although that was before they all lost their minds.
Also knew a rabid bigot who hated Rangers, and somehow ended up sitting on one of thpse tribunals judging against us.
Sherifs and judges should be impartial, but I think some of the brainwashed variety are incapable, and you cannot ask them to be recused.

I knew a Gerry Considine who was studying law at Strathclyde uni when I was there. Might be the same guy.
Bheast fan, but a good lad, although that was before they all lost their minds.
Also knew a rabid bigot who hated Rangers, and somehow ended up sitting on one of thpse tribunals judging against us.
Sherifs and judges should be impartial, but I think some of the brainwashed variety are incapable, and you cannot ask them to be recused.
Mate I agree 100% with you. I worked with a man who genuinely was not interested in football never been to a game didn’t support them. But in 2012 he chirped up with a wee comment basically parroted a rheptile saying we cheated. I rounded on him and gave him a mouthful. I’ve hardly spoken to him since. They are all the same underneath.

The clearly orchestrated end game. Delay things until they are either dead or incapacitated.

Yet no-one questions it and the club continue to get away with the most heinous crimes in sporting history.

A cynic might agree...............sadly I'm beginning to think you may be correct!

The relentless work Spotlight have done these past few years has to be applauded, but the ongoing timescale in all this is starting to worry me that the poor victims might never get the full truth, apology or compensation - certainly not from Enablers FC or in the Scottish mainstream mhedia!

It looks as tho this is the route they want all of these monster to go down hence all of the delays and extensions.

The “criminal justice” system in Scotland is a sick joke.

Note the delays in getting every single one of them in court. Note how long the process drags on for in every single case. Note that one investigation and set of charges is brought against one immediately following the conviction of another, thereby preventing any major press coverage in case anything which might be reported could prejudice the next trial. Copy and repeat for DECADES.

The endgame is to continue to prevent a full investigation into that disgusting cesspit of a club and those repulsive degenerates who committed the crimes and the equally degenerate filth who covered up for them (& continue to do so). As time passes, those responsible will die until eventually the authorities will say “yes, there may have been a coverup but we’ll never know now.”

Massive credit to Spotlight for the magnificent work they have done and continue to do on behalf of the survivors. All right-minded people are behind you.

This has been the ploy from the day they knew they'd be in court. Delay,delay,delay. The law and politicians and especially celtic hope they all die before sentence can be passed and celtic can be shamed if that's possible
Got to put a policy in place that all accusations like this need to be investigated within x time of the claim being made.

So much to learn from of all this! But will it be? Doubt it. Bastards.

Time for the people of Scotland to stand up for what is right, this is so wrong what they are doing to the victims. Is it really more important to protect the good name of ce@#ic, is it ? my ar@e.

Our proud history shows how, as a nation we fought other peoples battles all over the world but today we are sadly showing a cowardly weakness to rise and fight this battle on our own land. Shameful and disgraceful, we are better than this.

Spotlight and others have been fighting a good fight for years but now it is plainly obvious that they need and deserve support from all the other football clubs in Scotland, shame on all of them, their continued silence is deafening.

Time for the people of Scotland to stand up for what is right, this is so wrong what they are doing to the victims. Is it really more important to protect the good name of ce@#ic, is it ? my ar@e.

Our proud history shows how, as a nation we fought other peoples battles all over the world but today we are sadly showing a cowardly weakness to rise and fight this battle on our own land. Shameful and disgraceful, we are better than this.

Spotlight and others have been fighting a good fight for years but now it is plainly obvious that they need and deserve support from all the other football clubs in Scotland, shame on all of them, their continued silence is deafening.
The Protestant people in Scotland have wandered through an era of but there is 5-1 of us what can they do, we’ll this is what happens when we lose the control of Scotland. We need to get a hold of our country and organise. Together we will destroy the SNP and their lesbian, lying and traitorous cow, Sturgeon. A First minister who does not care who gets molested as long as it does not affect her RC support.

Last edited:
Who says they stopped 50 years ago? Probably still ongoing.

Dead/alive or “dementia” the truth about the scale of this will come out,no matter how hard it is tried to be pushed away.too many victims,and too many people who knew the truth about what was happening at that rancid club.thoughts with the victims.

Seems to be a get out clause for a lot or older criminals these days scumbags.

Heard of one person supposedly using it for not as sick and or as bad as stuff like this but supposedly still claimed to have early stages of dementia and got left alone.

That’s absolutely heartbreaking to read.

I actually met this monster in a professional capacity, so I cannot say much more about that, except to say I’m still haunted by the images of the interior of his house in Uddingston.

The place was dingy, poorly lit, windows well shielded, covered in images and huge portrait photos of CF&AC and all their star players of the time, a real house of horrors on reflection. I didn’t know it at the time, but looking back I can now see clearly that the entire place was deigned to reinforce the connection with him, Celtic Football & Athletic Club and the boys club. It gave him power over the lads he brought there.

I’m haunted by the thought of what might have become of the young kids who had the misfortune to visit that lair, as I did as an adult. If I’d known then what I do now, I’d have gladly shanked the bastard when I visited.

As a post script to this horror tale, I was introduced to him by one of his own professional advisers (now dead) who assured me before that visit that “disgusting and unfounded allegations had been made against his client and he was a really lovely man”. How wrong can a person be. :(
Hung up on a meat hook at glasgow cross and left there until he goes to hell is too good an ending for this evil cnut. Dont forget he was also the subject of the parents gagging order done at mcginn,s request at boston airport.

Just as well there isn't a clip from an Irish journalist of this sick bastard apologising and informing us that he wasn't the only one. If there was you would think the Scottish police would of had him under caution and found out more.

What about a sit in or protest at the toy town parliament in edinburgh.if this cover up continues we need to make sure justice is done.if need be violent or otherwise.these bastards need to pay .

Yet we still see families of them strolling about with the kids fully kitted in the Dublin Deckchair as if there is nothing happened . I honestly think they think it will go away and they tell their kids it's all a conspiracy to taint the name of Celtc . Surely justice will prevail in this now horrible country and these bastards will get everything coming to them.

Yet we still see families of them strolling about with the kids fully kitted in the Dublin Deckchair as if there is nothing happened . I honestly think they think it will go away and they tell their kids it's all a conspiracy to taint the name of Celtc . Surely justice will prevail in this now horrible country and these bastards will get everything coming to them.
Justice must prevail. This now horrible little country needs to wise up.

The judicial system is very strange.
The home office fight to get one of the beasts linked to that club extradited for years. And then given bail when he appears in court on these shores. How does that make sense?
My fear is these bastards will die before receiving justice.
Through the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and probably before, there was a safe ring operating at that club. It was a safe haven for their church and the celebrities that travelled north.
Dementia is a horrible disease. It affects not only the person that suffers.
How the defence teams in these cases use this is criminal. Especially when these perpetrators are leading normal lives.

A FORMER Celtic youth manager deemed unfit for trial groped a teenage player in their stadium's changing room, a hearing was told today/yesterday.

Frank Cairney, 87, allegedly inappropriately touched the upset 15-year-old while giving him a "consoling" hug in 1986.

Cairney was said to have also touched the boy's lower back and moved his hand to his upper thigh.

Cairney was said to have committed sexual crimes against a total of three teenage boys between July 1978 and June 1989.

This includes at Celtic Park and in the club's Barrowfield training ground.

Cairney, of Uddingston, South Lanarkshire, was due to go on trial for five days at Glasgow Sheriff Court today/yesterday.

But, his advocate Andrew Crosbie told Sheriff Tom Hughes at a hearing: "He maintains his plea of not guilty.

“There is a joint position by me and my friend.

“You are aware that Mr Cairney is unfortunately unfit to stand trial.

“You have had sight of expert reports and that it is the unequivocal opinion of a doctor from September and two other doctors.

"My friend and I agree that it's impossible for him to stand trial on this matter."

Prosecutor Mark Allan joined in the motion adding: "It is established on the balance of probabilities that Mr Cairney is incapable of participating in the trial.

"There is no issue from the Crown for the absence of Mr Cairney and you are invited to fix an examination of facts."

Sheriff Hughes granted the joint motion to fix an examination of facts and allowed for Cairney's absence.

Previous hearings had been told that Cairney had been suffering from "health difficulties" including dementia.

Court papers state Cairney assaulted the boy when he was aged between 15 and 18 within the Barrowfield dressing rooms as well as Celtic Park between February 1,1986 and December 31, 1988.

It is claimed Cairney repeatedly hugged him, repeatedly placed his hands underneath his clothing and repeatedly touched his back, stomach, thigh, groin, buttocks and penis.

The now 52-year-old Irish football coach stated in his evidence he signed for Celtic in early 1986.

The witness stated that he moved to Glasgow alone and worked an apprentice at the club who cleaned the dressing rooms and boots of senior players.

He stated that his first interaction with manager Cairney came at an under 16 tournament in France.

The man stated that Cairney was a "big imposing man" and "a bit of a bully."

He added: "He made verbals and was aggressive that's the best way to describe it."

The man stated that he went to home Ireland for a week after the tournament before returning to Scotland while "homesick."

His Celtic team were said to be playing in an important match which took place at Parkhead.

The man said he played in the match - which Celtic won - as a substitute but he remained upset after full time.

The man stated that he went into the separate shower area of the Celtic Park dressing room alone and was joined by Cairney.

The witness said: "He asked how I was - I was crying and to be honest I was upset.

"He put his arms around me to hug me in a consoling way I thought at the time.

"He put his hand on my lower back and his other hand was at the top of the inside of my leg.

"He then moved his hand and touch my private parts and lower stomach."

The man stated that he was still wearing his football kit at the time.

He said: "I was still crying, I don't recall him saying anything."

He added that the pair left the shower area after the incident and went back to the changing room.

Mr Allan: "When you think back what did you think in the moment?"

The man: "Shock, I think I was so sad about having to come back - I don't think I comprehended what happened."

The hearing was earlier told that the man contacted police in 2018 about the circumstances involving him.

Mr Allan said: "These were circumstances during that time period when you were with Celtic Boys Club?"

The man replied: "Celtic Football Club."

The charges say another boy, when aged between 15 and 16, was assaulted within a car in Paisley, Renfrewshire and in the dressing rooms at Celtic's Barrowfield training ground between July 1 1978 and June 30 1979.

It goes on to state that that the boy was repeatedly touched on the thigh by Cairney.

Cairney is further charged with repeatedly punching and slapping the same boy to his head and body at Barrowfield.
Cairney is also charged with indecently assaulting a third teenage boy at a hotel room in Aviemore and in a car in Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire on various occasions between August 1 1988 and June 30 1989.

The examination of facts continues before Sheriff Hughes.

A FORMER Celtic youth manager deemed unfit for trial groped a teenage player in their stadium's changing room, a hearing was told today/yesterday.

Frank Cairney, 87, allegedly inappropriately touched the upset 15-year-old while giving him a "consoling" hug in 1986.

Cairney was said to have also touched the boy's lower back and moved his hand to his upper thigh.

Cairney was said to have committed sexual crimes against a total of three teenage boys between July 1978 and June 1989.

This includes at Celtic Park and in the club's Barrowfield training ground.

Cairney, of Uddingston, South Lanarkshire, was due to go on trial for five days at Glasgow Sheriff Court today/yesterday.

But, his advocate Andrew Crosbie told Sheriff Tom Hughes at a hearing: "He maintains his plea of not guilty.

“There is a joint position by me and my friend.

“You are aware that Mr Cairney is unfortunately unfit to stand trial.

“You have had sight of expert reports and that it is the unequivocal opinion of a doctor from September and two other doctors.

"My friend and I agree that it's impossible for him to stand trial on this matter."

Prosecutor Mark Allan joined in the motion adding: "It is established on the balance of probabilities that Mr Cairney is incapable of participating in the trial.

"There is no issue from the Crown for the absence of Mr Cairney and you are invited to fix an examination of facts."

Sheriff Hughes granted the joint motion to fix an examination of facts and allowed for Cairney's absence.

Previous hearings had been told that Cairney had been suffering from "health difficulties" including dementia.

Court papers state Cairney assaulted the boy when he was aged between 15 and 18 within the Barrowfield dressing rooms as well as Celtic Park between February 1,1986 and December 31, 1988.

It is claimed Cairney repeatedly hugged him, repeatedly placed his hands underneath his clothing and repeatedly touched his back, stomach, thigh, groin, buttocks and penis.

The now 52-year-old Irish football coach stated in his evidence he signed for Celtic in early 1986.

The witness stated that he moved to Glasgow alone and worked an apprentice at the club who cleaned the dressing rooms and boots of senior players.

He stated that his first interaction with manager Cairney came at an under 16 tournament in France.

The man stated that Cairney was a "big imposing man" and "a bit of a bully."

He added: "He made verbals and was aggressive that's the best way to describe it."

The man stated that he went to home Ireland for a week after the tournament before returning to Scotland while "homesick."

His Celtic team were said to be playing in an important match which took place at Parkhead.

The man said he played in the match - which Celtic won - as a substitute but he remained upset after full time.

The man stated that he went into the separate shower area of the Celtic Park dressing room alone and was joined by Cairney.

The witness said: "He asked how I was - I was crying and to be honest I was upset.

"He put his arms around me to hug me in a consoling way I thought at the time.

"He put his hand on my lower back and his other hand was at the top of the inside of my leg.

"He then moved his hand and touch my private parts and lower stomach."

The man stated that he was still wearing his football kit at the time.

He said: "I was still crying, I don't recall him saying anything."

He added that the pair left the shower area after the incident and went back to the changing room.

Mr Allan: "When you think back what did you think in the moment?"

The man: "Shock, I think I was so sad about having to come back - I don't think I comprehended what happened."

The hearing was earlier told that the man contacted police in 2018 about the circumstances involving him.

Mr Allan said: "These were circumstances during that time period when you were with Celtic Boys Club?"

The man replied: "Celtic Football Club."

The charges say another boy, when aged between 15 and 16, was assaulted within a car in Paisley, Renfrewshire and in the dressing rooms at Celtic's Barrowfield training ground between July 1 1978 and June 30 1979.

It goes on to state that that the boy was repeatedly touched on the thigh by Cairney.

Cairney is further charged with repeatedly punching and slapping the same boy to his head and body at Barrowfield.
Cairney is also charged with indecently assaulting a third teenage boy at a hotel room in Aviemore and in a car in Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire on various occasions between August 1 1988 and June 30 1989.

The examination of facts continues before Sheriff Hughes.
Reading this has a massive effect on my mental health.
This fkn animal should be castrated and all the others.
Sorry admin..

Back