Game v Them, 2nd January 2023

Swindon Gers

Official Ticketer
I have booked cheap flights for the New Year game v them, couple of questions for folks views,

1 - Will the kick off more than likely be changed to the usual 12pm

2 - What will be the chances of the date being changed from the 2nd

Thanks in advance for opinions.

I have booked cheap flights for the New Year game v them, couple of questions for folks views,

1 - Will the kick off more than likely be changed to the usual 12pm

2 - What will be the chances of the date being changed from the 2nd

Thanks in advance for opinions.

Will certainly be the 2nd of Jan at 12pm

Unless there’s any reason Celtic can find to get it called off for the third time in 15 years

Game's at Parkhead so there'll be no Loving Cup and likely no minutes silence.
Games at Ibrox mate. Good chance it could be moved to the 3rd as that's a Bank Holiday up here but not in England so every chance Sky move it for viewing figures.

Will depend if they have an injury crisis/need to get some signings over the line.

Maybe a bit part player they hounded out of the club will pass, meaning they are too traumatised to play.
Will they have the cheek to unveil a new signing on the day of the player they're allegedly grieving over's funeral though? And will an actual club legend die later in the season but they won't want to postpone any fixtures because reasons?

Games at Ibrox mate. Good chance it could be moved to the 3rd as that's a Bank Holiday up here but not in England so every chance Sky move it for viewing figures.

So everybody else in the United Kingdom will be back at work.

Would make no sense to make it the 3rd for viewing figures IMO.

Will be 12pm on the 2nd with the first premier league game at 2pm

Will they have the cheek to unveil a new signing on the day of the player they're allegedly grieving over's funeral though? And will an actual club legend die later in the season but they won't want to postpone any fixtures because reasons?
Indeed. So distraught they could only bring themselves to unveil Hinkel, with full media ceremony, on the very day of the funeral.

A brassneck you couldn't mark with a blowtorch.

Who was the signing and who was the legend?

Never mind the signing - Hinkel. That’s incredible.

So everybody else in the United Kingdom will be back at work.

Would make no sense to make it the 3rd for viewing figures IMO.

Will be 12pm on the 2nd with the first premier league game at 2pm
We don't know what Sky will plan for the 2nd January

Sky have EPL & EFL

Could be

12.30pm EPL game - SPFL game if wish to either one of the Derbies
3pm - no EPL game possible EFL game
5.30pm EPL
No 8pm game likely as Darts Final as same night

Tuesday if they wanted

12noon/12.30pm Rangers v Celtic
Followed by Hearts v Hibs
8pm EPL game which is likely

Sky have EPL & EFL

Could be

5.30pm EPL

Tuesday if they wanted

8pm EPL game

Any chance it could move to 31st Dec?

Sky have EPL & EFL

Could be

5.30pm EPL

Tuesday if they wanted

8pm EPL game which is likely

We can surely assume the old firm game won’t be on the evening of the 3rd of Jan ?

They’re not going to show it at 12pm on what is a working day for the rest of the United Kingdom are they ?

We can surely assume the old firm game won’t be on the evening of the 3rd of Jan ?

They’re not going to show it at 12pm on what is a working day for the rest of the United Kingdom are they ?
We think can rule the top one

Yes they can as if the

1st was the Monday
2nd was the Tuesday

You still have the same issue as it happened the past

2007/08 Celtic v Rangers was Wednesday 2nd January with a 12.30pm kick-off due it been a holiday in Scotland before it got postponed

Last edited:
We think can rule the top one

Yes they can as if the

1st was the Monday
2nd was the Tuesday

You still have the same issue as it happened the past

2007/08 Celtic v Rangers was Wednesday 2nd January with a 12.30pm kick-off before it got postponed due it been a holiday in Scotland

2007/08 Celtic v Rangers was Wednesday 2nd January with a 12.30pm kick-off before it got postponed due it been a holiday in Scotland

Unless I've read your post wrong that is not the reason why the 2008 Ne'erday fixture was postponed.

Unless I've read your post wrong that is not the reason why the 2008 Ne'erday fixture was postponed.
It's me not the reason have amended post

It's me not the reason have amended post
The vagaries of my roster that year meant I started back work on the 3rd. After the pleasantaries and handshakes were out of the way, I was quick to point out that the yahoos had exploited the tragedy of the previous weekend.

The amount of tip-toeing around the huge green and white elephant in the room was palpable.

Will certainly be the 2nd of Jan at 12pm

Unless there’s any reason Celtic can find to get it called off for the third time in 15 years

Maybe the opposite.

They'll be shitting it that VAR is coming in.

They may want all their pre split matches brought forward to before December, and campaign for League matches Mon, Thu, Sat every week from league start.

Maybe the opposite.

They'll be shitting it that VAR is coming in.

They may want all their pre split matches brought forward to before December, and campaign for League matches Mon, Thu, Sat every week from league start.

Well, whatever suits them best

If Rangers are on a winning streak leading up to Christmas Celtic will be looking for a reason for the game be postponed until February

Happened before in 1994/95

Sky moved the from the Monday 2nd to Wednesday 4th January

And that's when they had less games from the EPL to show
Was that not a league decision with that game? I think they might move it to the Tuesday the 3rd cos people might be hungover from the Ne'er Day on the Sunday

Was that not a league decision with that game? I think they might move it to the Tuesday the 3rd cos people might be hungover from the Ne'er Day on the Sunday
I'd imagine people's hangovers are pretty far down the list of Sky's reasons to move a game

I'm sure that was postponed for Phil O'Donnell as they wanted to mourn a former player but Dundee United were forced to play Aberdeen that day after being on the pitch when O'Donnell collapsed and they wanted the game off

Back