The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's rotated in and out of the team in a position that we're more than covered in. He'd be missed if he left. Pivotal player with the vision most others don't have.

His ability is often overlooked and is currently in his prime with at least 5 good years ahead of him.

If someone is knocking on our door wanting to buy him, we should be demanding that value.
We should but we won't get it, our league is massively undervalued due to how shite it is beyond us and them. It's why a guy in his prime in Scotland, isn't at the same value as England or the rest of the top 5.

I didn't say he wasn't a great player but optics wise he is the first to go out the team when everyone is fit. Scouting teams and DoF take this into account.

Like I said in another post I genuinely hope we get £12-15 million but I think it will be closer to £10 million. If we make it into the champions league GS then it would also help in our negotiations.

Was it? We didn't strengthen properly in January while our opponents did.
How did that turn out for us?
Do you seriously think we had a good January window?

Was it? We didn't strengthen properly in January while our opponents did.
How did that turn out for us?
Do you seriously think we had a good January window?
Yes!
Aaron Ramsey is quality everyone knows he is, it didn't work out, shit happens.
Diallo "£35m" loanee that people are wanting back for a second season.
2 squad players one a back up for a player that's never injured but it had to be done, a utility man that can play several positions yes you're right we had a shit window, we'll just spend shit loads of millions over the odds in a notoriously difficult window just to appease you!

I'll agree to disagree with most, but I don't see how we'd get close to some of these amounts for Kamara. He finished the season well in Europe, but in the league, he didn't have a great season.

I don't care to compare to how the mhanks were able to sell players and for how much. I just don't see us getting north of 8m for Glen Kamara.
Well no need to sell right now if not.

We should but we won't get it, our league is massively undervalued due to how shite it is beyond us and them. It's why a guy in his prime in Scotland, isn't at the same value as England or the rest of the top 5.

I didn't say he wasn't a great player but optics wise he is the first to go out the team when everyone is fit. Scouting teams and DoF take this into account.

Like I said in another post I genuinely hope we get £12-15 million but I think it will be closer to £10 million. If we make it into the champions league GS then it would also help in our negotiations.

Your logic is absolute bollocks.

He was starting in that EL final regardless of who was fit.

He's a player who'd slot in and be an asset right away for a team like Brighton.

If they buy locally they'd be spending double that on a similar player.

What reason would we undersell a player in that situation?

I'll agree to disagree with most, but I don't see how we'd get close to some of these amounts for Kamara. He finished the season well in Europe, but in the league, he didn't have a great season.

I don't care to compare to how the mhanks were able to sell players and for how much. I just don't see us getting north of 8m for Glen Kamara.
We keep getting told EPL clubs don't care about how players perform in the SPL.

works both ways.

Last edited:
You said we aren’t getting near that money for any player who isn’t a 1st pick starter. I then gave you Patterson as an example and you’ve now changed the goal posts massively to it depends what age they are.

Kamara is approaching his peak years and will command a huge fee if a team want him.

There is no debate.
Because there is a massive difference between a just turned 20 year old squad player and a approaching 27 year old squad player. If you can't see that then you are right there is no debate. It's why Man Utd paid big money for Diallo, Martial and others. Same with Real buying high potential u21s with little experience. It's about the potential player. They wouldn't then go pay the same value for a 27 year old squad player in their prime from Atlanta or Monaco.

If you go back and read my posts you'll see it's mostly about Kamara's age. That will drop his value.

Because there is a massive difference between a just turned 20 year old squad player and a approaching 27 year old squad player. If you can't see that then you are right there is no debate. It's why Man Utd paid big money for Diallo, Martial and others. Same with Real buying high potential u21s with little experience. It's about the potential player. They wouldn't then go pay the same value for a 27 year old squad player in their prime from Atlanta or Monaco.

If you go back and read my posts you'll see it's mostly about Kamara's age. That will drop his value.
Kamara is 26 so get your facts right first of all.

He’s not a “squad player” either he’s been instrumental in our European runs in particular.

If he goes it will be for big money, no matter how much you don’t want it to be the case.

None! Did you think Rangers were going to score 3 or more goals in the second half the way they were playing with no one of any substance directing play from the sudelines? No! So the big guy said out loud what everyone knew already but didn't want to hear!
The game was finished as a contest but they never chucked it or it would have been more, the same as it was against them with questionable morals at Septic park.
We needed to score 2 for ET. A bit of belief and we may have done I bit going out with the attitude it was done then there was no chance of hauling it back.
Hibs didn't need to come at us and score more, they were 2 up ffs, so the argument that we stopped them scoring more so in your opinion the players never chucked it is moot.

Your logic is absolute bollocks.

He was starting in that EL final regardless of who was fit.

He's a player who'd slot in and be an asset right away for a team like Brighton.

If they buy locally they'd be spending double that on a similar player.

What reason would we undersell a player in that situation?
Go read the article from the athletic on our game. Our Europa League run sadly means nothing to them. They think very little of the Scottish game.

If Morelos or Roofe are fit, Kamara is on the bench. Kamara goes to CAM and Morelos or Roofe upfront.

Kamara is/was not a squad player, though, certainly not in the same way as Patterson.

A player doesn't stop developing at 26yo.

€1.8mil (£1.5mil) is exactly what we apparently receive(d) for Itten, so that tells a bit about what Colak's position in the squad is intended to be. Doesn't seem to be much of a distance between the clubs, hopefully the big man is in for this weekend!

Kamara is 26 so get your facts right first of all.

He’s not a “squad player” either he’s been instrumental in our European runs in particular.

If he goes it will be for big money, no matter how much you don’t want it to be the case.
"Approaching 27" He turns 27 a few months into the season. Again read back.

I do want it to be the case. I just think people need to be realistic. If we get £15 million, I'll be delighted. I just think it will be closer to £10 million.

Kamara is/was not a squad player, though, certainly not in the same way as Patterson.

A player doesn't stop developing at 26yo.
They don't but from leagues like ours the value drops. We are a first rate club in a third tier league. It will sadly always play a role in our transfer dealings.

If Kamara goes, it absolutely has to be for decent money.

Seems underrated by quite a bit of our support, but he's a key player and absolutely glides through football games.

If we don't get a minimum £15m then it's not worth letting him go any time soon. I'd imagine of our higher value saleable assets, we won't rush into letting everyone go at once.

"Squad player" Glen Kamara made 52 appearances last season and had the 7th most minutes of anybody in the squad.

We have lots of midfielders of equal ability, some are rotated out for freshness reasons and some games others are picked for their varying qualities

Calling him a "squad player" like he's some fringe player that gets the odd start here and there or a regular sub appearance is ridiculous.

He is a key member of the squad.

Nikola Storm. Explain :)
Sorry, just thought the thread needed a wee bump of excitement yesterday morning when everyone was still moaning about McGregor.B-D No one is ITK. Not even friends of players these days!

There's nothing that beats the FF rush you get when a new player is rumoured, so poor Nikola Storm stepped up to give us an afternoon of that. He does actually look awright though... Maybe wee Caskie can reccomend him...

Wouldn’t bother me if we sold Kamara for £12 million, think that’s a realistic figure and one we should sell at. Would allow it to reinvest to bring in a RW and a box to box midfielder which the squad needs imo.

Sorry, just thought the thread needed a wee bump of excitement yesterday morning when everyone was still moaning about McGregor.B-D No one is ITK. Not even friends of players these days!

There's nothing that beats the FF rush you get when a new player is rumoured, so poor Nikola Storm stepped up to give us an afternoon of that. He does actually look awright though... Maybe wee Caskie can reccomend him...
Can see this post popping a few veins :D

I never said we were desperate, not once

Another one who thinks because we sold Patterson, compensation for Gerrard etc that we now have money slushing about

The guys post on a transfer thread suggesting we needed to bring money in, I assumed was quite clear he meant to be able to spend on a few players

Anyone who thinks we don’t is kidding themselves on, we are not going to spend the likes of £10m - £15m this summer without selling at least one player

To the sensible fans that’s quite obvious really

A New Member jumping into a transfer thread and claiming we "have to get money in the door" is not someone who is sensible, neither is someone else defending him, The tone of his post was desperate and we most definitely aint. As for it being quite clear (what he meant), it just isn't:

If they can come in at £10m+ then let's start to talk. And we can hopefully get to a point around £12m-£14m.

We have to get money in the door.

Maybe I read english different I suppose.

As for all the other stuff you assume telepathically or find obvious from posts I'll let you deduce what I'm thinking now " "

Now this sensible poster is out of this trainwreck thread for a few days.

You do know that every now and again clubs will go out and buy a player they need to fit into their side right now?

Sometimes they’re not after potential.

Sometimes they want a 26 year established (and key) internationalist on a four year contract.

The price goes up a wee bit in this instance.

Honestly, describing Kamara as a "squad player" just makes you look like you've got an agenda.

This thread man, You peak in and instantly regret it.

backing-away-slowly-sienfeld.gif

I know this place is riddled with fruit loops and beggars but are folk on here just genuinely making up players valuations as they go? One minute a player is worth £40 million on here then 1 bad game the knives are out and people want the player punted for 10 bob. Bipolar FC.
Literally every single 'valuation' in this thread is just made up shite.

You can forgive the guys 70+ who still remember using jeely jars to get into the cinema. They think anything over a million is brilliant for us.

The vast majority arguing how much a player is worth are fifa 22 addicts or 'market analysts' who get their valuations from each other or the daily rhecord.

The trolls or tims with keyboards are having fun.

"Squad player" Glen Kamara made 52 appearances last season and had the 7th most minutes of anybody in the squad.

We have lots of midfielders of equal ability, some are rotated out for freshness reasons and some games others are picked for their varying qualities

Calling him a "squad player" like he's some fringe player that gets the odd start here and there or a regular sub appearance is ridiculous.

He is a key member of the squad.
Tbh I thought it was less than that I thoughtit was in the 40s. I hold my hands up.

A fringe player though is a different thing from squad player. Zurowuski, Itten, were fringe players. Wright, Sakala, etc are squad players

"Approaching 27" He turns 27 a few months into the season. Again read back.

I do want it to be the case. I just think people need to be realistic. If we get £15 million, I'll be delighted. I just think it will be closer to £10 million.
You said he’s a 27 year old squad player.

I read it back twice and checked because it’s unusual for someone to be so wildly wrong.

He’s 26 and a first team regular and pivotal player for us in big games especially in Europe.

No matter how often you try and blue the lines , he won’t be leaving on the cheap.

You do know that every now and again clubs will go out and buy a player they need to fit into their side right now?

Sometimes they’re not after potential.

Sometimes they want a 26 year established (and key) internationalist on a four year contract.

The price goes up a wee bit in this instance.
I hope so, but I'll be surprised if he goes at £12+ million.

I think if Kamara goes we'll get £10 million with hopefully a sell on.

You said he’s a 27 year old squad player.

I read it back twice and checked because it’s unusual for someone to be so wildly wrong.

He’s 26 and a first team regular and pivotal player for us in big games especially in Europe.

No matter how often you try and blue the lines , he won’t be leaving on the cheap.
Well if I've missed it out I apologise.

Like I say I hope you're right, but I'll be surprised if he goes for £12+ million.

£10 million is what I think we'll get. To me that isn't cheap.

He's got 3 years left on his contract, just been in a European final and is a mainstay in the Finish national team and you think we should accept 10m, really?
Sadly the English sides don't care about our European run (if you've got the athletic you can read it in their own words) and being a internationalist doesn't mean much outside the big few nations.

Being homegrown in England means more and is the thing that could up the fee. To what people hope for.

#edit I actually forgot he was homegrown in England. That probably could up it to what people are thinking. That means a great deal in England. Its also why we'll probably shoot past the Scottish transfer record with Bassey.

TL;DR

Blutos talking shite then?

Glen is contracted to us until summer 2025 and some folk here are saying they'd gladly accept £12m for him.

Fùcking lunatics.
Much would you accept?

If you mention the year 2025, what year is your optimal year to sell? Contract end dates mean fukc all these days, that’s just to protect value, as we are seeing the opposite with Kent, Aribo and Morelos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back